Was there a KGC influence in the Ozark mountains

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you for the lesson I’ll be trying to use one of those systems on my site. I’m not very tech savvy.

My kids have taught me most of what I know! I can tell you that if you have programs for your handheld global positioning device (GPS) and a computer that communicate with each other and also talk to Google Earth, it will make things easier. Base Camp is the program that works with my GPS, and it works with Google Earth to view points in realtime and relocate them if necessary.

L.C.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I found a hunting app for my phone. It uses google earth or a topo map I can mark locations on one and it’ll transfer back and forth. Does a lot more that I need to figure out. Thanks for all the help from everyone.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Bill Dark and his men were operating in north central Arkansas during the civil war. They covered several counties in that area. I’ve read and heard several stories of them. That bunch was really hated for many generations and they never recovered what was taken by them.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Just curious if anyone has come across any info or heard any stories of him or his men. I’ve heard that he and his men where deserters and I’ve heard they where ordered to do the things they done.

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
" The cutting of the wire from Springfield through Fayetteville to Fort Smith would be considered the deed of a bushwhacker, and for every such act, some bushwhacker prisoner would be hung on the telegraph post where the wire was cut. The number of executed bushwhackers was equal to the number of cuts in the wire. Furthermore, the nearest house to the place where the wire was cut, if the property of a Confederate sympathizer and within ten miles, would be burned."

Dark, at the beginning of the war, was serving a sentence in the state penitentiary at Little Rock when he was released on condition that he join the Confederate Army. Dark soon deserted and raised a band of brigands in Searcy County to prey upon the countryside. He was known as the dancing Confederate because he would dance a jig to the tune of Yankee Doodle when he was asked. I had read about him before, but only coming across his name and the fact that he was a Union sympathizer.

https://thelibrary.org/lochist/periodicals/ozarkswatch/ow404s.htm

L.C.

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C.
Thanks for the article, I live in Ft Smith and did not know some of the stuff in that article.
Also have roots in the Dardanelle area, Yell County.
Thanks,
-Weekender

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Thanks L.C. I grew up in Searcy County and have heard stories of Bill Dark. I’ve also heard stories of one of his men that rode with him. There’s hints of treasure wrapped up in one of the stories.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531100929.900473.jpg found a new kind of tree.

KGCTH7

Greenie
Aug 22, 2020
The South
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What I've read of the KGC they hunted out the Spanish stashes and moved them to different locations. They used a different system of symbols to mark it. I would like to find out if there was any symbols or methods that where common to the KGC.

Where did you read about the KGC making Spanish treasure recoveries and stashing it for themselves? I am very interested to learn about this. I know its sort of an old post. Does anybody know where to read about this?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Where did you read about the KGC making Spanish treasure recoveries and stashing it for themselves? I am very interested to learn about this. I know its sort of an old post. Does anybody know where to read about this?
NOPE!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread