The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Wrm,

As to your last post, I have never heard that they knew each other. On the other hand, I do like your trying to tie the Stone Maps, in some way, to Ted DeGrazia.

I do have a circumstantial connection between Ted and Harry LaFrance.

I only found one Harry LaFrance in Arizona, around 1930.

Good luck,

Joe

Was LaFrance a artist or painter or something of that type.

Thanks Joe

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Wrm,

The one guy I found with that name was a traveling dry goods salesman. Likely did business with the store in Morenci. He was staying in a hotel in Tucson and got counted in the census.

Good luck,

Joe

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe

I was just wondering if the two had a connection with Degrazia being a interpreter of the maps.
Cause I believe Travis found them as he said, Had to take them to a car wash not knowing the heart was removable it fell out and broke, glued together by him. Now that I believe is all true. I also believe the stone crosses are a total different Mine or treasure site and we're found by all accounts by another not so perfect character as old says. And come to think of it old never told me how far apart Travis and Robert lived from each other. Must be researching it.

Take Care. Wrmickel1

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

I was just wondering if the two had a connection with Degrazia being a interpreter of the maps.
Cause I believe Travis found them as he said, Had to take them to a car wash not knowing the heart was removable it fell out and broke, glued together by him. Now that I believe is all true. I also believe the stone crosses are a total different Mine or treasure site and we're found by all accounts by another not so perfect character as old says. And come to think of it old never told me how far apart Travis and Robert lived from each other. Must be researching it.

Take Care. Wrmickel1

Wrm,

That's interesting because I think it's pretty obvious that Travis carved the stones at his home in Texas and someone else made up the story of his finding them by accident. You should accept the possibility that you are being spoon fed the story you are presenting here, to further someone else's agenda.

Good luck,

Joe

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm 100 percent sure it's the opposite to what's being spoon fed,
Just as the Gila and the Salt river have nothing to do with it, There just alittle more of the spoon.
Well anyway, you believe there fake and I'm a Stoner, So get that spoon to my nose and we'll run into the midnight air.
Kindda reminds me of the story of the guy who ran naked and ranting in the mountains, Crazy
Or perhaps mercury poison. Where did that fella live,

Wrmickel1

OasisOro

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old,

Its Obvious, they were so black he could not read them.
If that little piece of information was not in the original story I would have concluded it as a hoax from the get go.

Where you get information they were so black he could not read them? What original story? Source?

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr O

Not to sure who posted it years ago, But I do know what happens to that type of stone if not cared for.
Travis story starts with he found them and washed them so he could see what was on them. Now me knowing that stone well if that little thing was not in the story, I'd be sitting in the fake side with you and others.

Ask Mike he is a wealth of information on the Stones. Maybe he can assist you there.

Me, I'm just a investigator

wrmickel1

OasisOro

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr O

Not to sure who posted it years ago, But I do know what happens to that type of stone if not cared for.
Travis story starts with he found them and washed them so he could see what was on them. Now me knowing that stone well if that little thing was not in the story, I'd be sitting in the fake side with you and others.

Ask Mike he is a wealth of information on the Stones. Maybe he can assist you there.

Me, I'm just a investigator

wrmickel1

I am confuse. Who is Mike? You say original story stones are black. Now you say you read story online, why makes that original story? Because something online does not make it real wrmickel1! Please post what you found so we see because I cannot find. Original story is from Travis and we wait RG for book of Travis or TV show if that ever happens may be no. You say power washer to clean to make not black. I look this up because I do not know. I found story of Travis goes to gas station to use hose to clean off dirt and roots. Why you say power washer? What gas station has power washer in late 1940s? Why you say you know that stone? What type stone do they have in museum since you expert in this?

I think other poster is right, maybe you try to spoon feed wrong story. May be I wrong. Please post source so can trust you.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr. O

The power washer was in production sometime in the 20's I believe called the Jenny, I'm only thinking that from old signs I've seen in Antique Stores. Might be wrong but not very often. And the guy mike is Gollum on here. He knows everything Stones.

Wrmickel1

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mickel

You wrote

Cause I believe Travis found them as he said, Had to take them to a car wash not knowing the heart was removable it fell out and broke, glued together by him. Now that I believe is all true.

The mispelled word COAZON from the Priest stone map , means a broken heart ( a warning ) from where derive also two stone hearts . The letter " R " that is missed , is for the coded word RIO which means " reverse " .
So , the stone heart was broken and glued before Travis ( maybe ) brοke it again .

OasisOro

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. O

The power washer was in production sometime in the 20's I believe called the Jenny, I'm only thinking that from old signs I've seen in Antique Stores. Might be wrong but not very often. And the guy mike is Gollum on here. He knows everything Stones.

Wrmickel1

Why I ask Mike when you are the one who post it? Please show where can read about black stones and power washer used by Travis as part of original story. If not then I think you try to spoon feed wrong story which makes sad. I want to learn your side. Please answer you say "I know what happens to that type of stone if not cared for". What type of stone do you say? Where says Travis story with Travis words "Travis story starts with he found them and washed them so he could see what was on them"

I read Travis Marlowe page 23 "He tried to pick it up, it was solid. Taking another rock, he dug around it. More letters showed, words took form, he could not under stand them, must be in a foreign language."

wrmickel1 why you say Travis need power washer when Travis Marlowe say Travis could see the writings????

So much confuse by you.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Mr. O

Wrmickel1

a pressure washer in 1940 in apache junction?.....they would have been lucky to have a water hose...lol

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah Right, But not impossible,

wrmickel1

lol...i'd say it was impossible...i know people that were here in the 40's .....apache junction was just a fork in the road...they were probably still drawing water from a well with a hand pump:occasion14:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps

Or you drove by it not knowing what that fancy thing was.

Or maybe somewhere else, who knows all I'm saying without doubt, They were power washed. Ask Scott Whosezer

Babymick1. Maybe at the Apple orchard

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 100 percent sure it's the opposite to what's being spoon fed,
Just as the Gila and the Salt river have nothing to do with it, There just alittle more of the spoon.
Well anyway, you believe there fake and I'm a Stoner, So get that spoon to my nose and we'll run into the midnight air.
Kindda reminds me of the story of the guy who ran naked and ranting in the mountains, Crazy
Or perhaps mercury poison. Where did that fella live,

Wrmickel1

I heard a legend about a mushroom patch that grows in the patty's that Somehiker posted on that other thread about a Travis's dog and pony show...he must've grabbed some of those mushrooms for his Peralta potion by accident! What luck, at least it wasn't "mercury poison" just good old fashion stone map crabby patties! Travis gave him some special mushroom Witch Hat patty potion for his concoction and he gulped it down!

He thought he was a "Jesuit God" running naked through the Supers flopping his "Twig and Berries" while he ran....one of the signs on the map is just that, a very religious Jesuit God Like symbol!

YOO

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Perhaps

Or you drove by it not knowing what that fancy thing was.

Or maybe somewhere else, who knows all I'm saying without doubt, They were power washed. Ask Scott Whosezer

Babymick1. Maybe at the Apple orchard

Wrm,

Not saying it didn't happen, but how can you say "without doubt, They were power washed"? Personally, I believe Dave is correct. Buying a power washer for a gas station that was out of the city, was a waste of good money.....in those days. It would be interesting to know if the story of how they were found originated with Travis or the author of the pamphlet/book.

Good luck,

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions