The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
So my understanding is that most believe that these are real stone maps encoded with a possible map to a lost or misidentified gold hoard?
If in fact they are 'real', and since the possible 'makers' of these stone maps were probably Spanish Priests? And they were really bad spellers?
What about applying a code matrix to them?
thanks, Janiece

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No - not everyone believes the stones are real.

Caballo Bayo is NOT a dun, its a bay, and bayo dorado is more like a palomino. (golden bay).

Beth

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:

Caballo Bayo is NOT a dun, its a bay, and bayo dorado is more like a palomino. (golden bay).

Beth

ya they could be fake rock .. ,,,lol

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Something that you may find interesting. Bayo has yet another meaning... it is slang Spanish for Bayonet. Look at the knife on the trail stone. Notice that it has a strange arrow shape between the handle and blade. Similar to a bayonet? This arrow (when placed properly onto a aerial photograph) points to a cave with very old Spanish writing in it. It is difficult to read, but I believe the writing is "EL BAYO" or "The Bayonet". It is strange and just my reading of the word. I am posting an image of the black Spanish writing, now covered in a growth of yellow fungus... Any ideas?
View attachment 548197
View attachment 548198

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the 2nd time I've seen those photos Hal - hopefully you either have permission from the person who posted them originally, or they are your photos.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whats up old buddy ...

i got a GPS for my notebook today its king of cool .. i got a good reason for it .. i have tom tom and computer programs .. but GPS in the mine is something worth the effert and cost live from inside the Lost Dutchman mine .. ... now if i am going to prove it lets make sure its live when i do ...lol :coffee2:

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Thank you Beth, so caballo means horse in general, and corazon means heart.
I'm going to move my posting to the other forum that is discussing the guy that 'found' the stone maps.
Thank you all
see you in the next room...
Janiece

BB, if you are in AZ and looking for the LDM or whatever initials you want to use, just be careful, its a terrible time to be out there in the wilderness with this heat. So make sure you take a precaution, and good luck. I look forward to your gleeful discovery.
Personally, I wish someone would find it or reveal the mystery, then maybe no one else will get harmed looking for it.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am glad you said that .,. i have said it may self in the past and expedition 5 is being designed to recover the evidence need to do just that ,, its easyer said then done .. in fact i have spent hours just going over and over the details of the hoya .. why you ask ..

ii have found the mmine and i know the area the tunnle should be in but locateing it could take a lot of man hours .. but i got the same set of factors with the hoya .. i know where it is .. but in the case of the hoya .. if i can locate it . i can repell down into the tumnnle and find my way back to the enternce and find the hole oput or make a new one .. see after some debate i find the theory is interesting because the tunnle was walled up to keep people out not keep them in ...like i said interesting ... :thumbsup:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall reading on another forum a few years ago a discussion about random "El Gato" inscriptions carved in different places in the Superstitions - some of them being in the Geronimo Head, Malapais Mt, Peter's Canyon area. I wonder if the photo shown above is one of those?

EL BAYO

Greenie
Jul 11, 2011
Hal Both the black and the yellowish gold colors are lichen and can be used to date old rocks ect. What you have not been shown is by far greater than that writing and those alchemy symbols I have showed you. There are snakes in the grass round here. Just saying.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gossamer said:
Because it didn't get published, thank you Somehiker for welcome.
Janiece

Janiece:
Poor choice of video,I guess.I had only viewed it on a small window and hadn't noticed the rider using the switch.
I also am offended by mistreatment of animals.
I have substituted a slide show.

Joe:
Ever hear of the "Cloak and Sombrero Riots"
I have no doubt that Fr. Polzer knew the history well,yet he did not mention either the fact that both items of apparel were banned by decree shortly before the expulsion...or that the figure pointing the cross on the Horse/Priest map was wearing both Sombrero and Cloak.While Hal's illustration posted on the other thread may not show the priest wearing a Capo,it very clearly show him wearing a common sombrero.

Regards:Wayne

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Cubfan64 said:
I recall reading on another forum a few years ago a discussion about random "El Gato" inscriptions carved in different places in the Superstitions - some of them being in the Geronimo Head, Malapais Mt, Peter's Canyon area. I wonder if the photo shown above is one of those?

Paul,

"El Gato" was posting here for awhile. He left.......Hat in hand, so to speak.

Take care,

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cactusjumper said:
Cubfan64 said:

Paul,

"El Gato" was posting here for awhile. He left.......Hat in hand, so to speak.

Take care,

Joe

Are we talking about "El Bayo" ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cubfan64 said:

Maybe something like those "Beware of the Dog" signs.....Wayne

Gossamer

Apr 1, 2008
AZ
Wayne the drawing is part of my doubts about its authenticity... certainly no 'priest' would depict another in this manner, not after the witch trials.
Also, the 'times' or 1848 is an era of much interest in the Freemasons.
I don't buy that any Mason (I'm the daughter of a Master Mason) would allow something associated with them have a cartoonish charactor or mispellings.
Also, reading the census of Arizona I read in one of them that Ehrenburg, pardon the mispelling LOL, was a 'stone man'. That was his profession.
My computer went belly up, so I don't have it at my fingertip. But made a mental note of it.
I'm also still digesting the Starr connection, I believe their is a misdirection regarding that.
Janiece

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrs.oroblanco said:

Beth
Sorry Beth, but a Bay is a Colorado.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread