new show on the dutchman

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That certainly gave me pause when Tuttle said that.

But hey, at least your death helped them "triangulate" and isolate the bat cave as the headquarters of those infernal cloak-wearing Jesuits who apparently walk around in sneakers, if I saw correctly. :tongue3:

The nearest mission the Jesuits had at any time to the Supes, was Xavier del Bac, almost 150 miles to the south and even then wasn't consistently administered until 1756 by Fr. Espinosa. Between singlehandedly building the church, baptizing, preaching, running a mission, and fending off the occasional Apache attack, I'm quite impressed he had the time to sneak in a 300 mile round trip up north via horseback, with the express purpose of booby-trapping a small cave with baling wire!

One Dark Over Lord of the Underworld Jesuit was all they needed along with a few hundred Free Masons. These priest's claimed power over good and evil. His Majesties Jesuit Warloc was in charge of hiding the Gold for the future recovery under the radar. I think they may still be guarding it!

And of course along with Batman the defender of good in the Supers.

They all got caught Red Handed!

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they should call the show The Drama Queens, they seem to be afraid of their own shadow. I don't see any real treasure hunters that should have that quality, if your not willing to take some risk you shouldn't be in some places. I really don't see the need for making markings with all the natural landmarks you could use in that area for making a map. HH

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to see last nights show. I must say I was disappointed with the editing. I wanted to hear what clay,and jack had to say. Heck I was very interested in what the pima indian had to say.
I like frank and Im not as critical of the show as some have been,but If all they giong to do is talk to each other. Then why bother bringing legends like clay on the show.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Randy,

Obie Stoker drove his old Packard into Second Water by the Question Mark Mine. As I recall, Barry Storm had his sedan all the way to Boulder Basin.

Take care,

Joe

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a shelter, not really a cave and it sits beside a spring and small pond.
The natives were gone from this area fairly early on.
A short hike up from the Delaware River, not to far from sacred Minisink Island.
Lenape. Minsi.
Look above my head.

Not sure about the significance of RED hands and death and there are no treasures associated with this site other than the marks themselves.
It was just an example of authentic hand prints.
View attachment 1128975

Have you metal detected around that area? Looks pretty cool!

Kauziamos

May 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As was mentioned a few pages back, the multitude of coroner's reports that conclude a vast majority of deaths in the Sups as suicides seems beyond ridiculous. Now, obviously I haven't seen the reports, nor the evidence first hand, so :dontknow: but based on the stories, how is it nobody has seriously investigated what or who is behind all of this?! If your job was to determine how someone died, and you declare a bullet ridden body a suicide, how do you not get laughed out of the job? Who's the one who gave you that job and has kept you around? Something seems seriously amiss...Maybe I need to start a thread on ATS :laughing7:

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Have you metal detected around that area? Looks pretty cool!
It's on federal land and the site was excavated at the turn of the century. I have poked around some but it was once used as a dump by the local farmer. Detecting would be scrap crazy and if they caught me, it would be confiscated and I would be fined, again. Over the years I have racked up a few hundred in fines just for passing barricades and ignoring no trespass signs. I follow most of the rules and respect gov. employees but if the land is not private, I go where I want. Discreetly.

I don't think it's moral to restrict access to public lands.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As was mentioned a few pages back, the multitude of coroner's reports that conclude a vast majority of deaths in the Sups as suicides seems beyond ridiculous. Now, obviously I haven't seen the reports, nor the evidence first hand, so :dontknow: but based on the stories, how is it nobody has seriously investigated what or who is behind all of this?! If your job was to determine how someone died, and you declare a bullet ridden body a suicide, how do you not get laughed out of the job? Who's the one who gave you that job and has kept you around? Something seems seriously amiss...Maybe I need to start a thread on ATS :laughing7:

I may be mistaken, but I believe the "vast majority" of deaths in the Superstitions have been ruled "due to natural causes" - not suicides. Other than a few cases, I believe they are right.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Kauz,

The Supes have always been a bit of a problem for law enforcement. It's rough/hot as hell in there and the dividing line between Maricopa and Pinal County runs right through it. Investigating deaths is difficult at best. No officer, from either county, looks forward to drawing that short straw.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010

You have to look at when the deaths occurred, historically. Forensics has come a long way and if there is no motive, then suicide is a logical conclusion in the SWA. Think about it. You are alone. Your out of water and perhaps injured. There is no hope of rescue and your suffering. Really suffering. That sidearms is your one way ticket out.

Which is one of the reasons that I don't carry a gun. They are heavy, dangerous in the wrong hands, and I have yet to meet anyone who needed one to survive the Sups.

A good hiking stick and or a trusted friend is a far better investment.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kauz,

The Supes have always been a bit of a problem for law enforcement. It's rough/hot as hell in there and the dividing line between Maricopa and Pinal County runs right through it. Investigating deaths is difficult at best. No officer, from either county, looks forward to drawing that short straw.

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Joe, That's why the need to open them roads up again all the way through the Supers!
That way when your taking your last breath almost ready to blow your brains out one of those Green Weenies comes along a hands you a ticket for potential littering of a wilderness with a corpse.:laughing7:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If some of those people that are old and searching most of their life haven't found it then I wouldn't waste my time talking to them for clues, if its been mined for a long time in the past you need to be looking for the rock they discarded from the mine which won't be like all the other natural breakdown. I won't say what I would do as everyone can figure out for themselves what's best, but looking for answers from people that haven't found it isn't going to get you anywhere. I know where I would start the search and that's in the past when it was found long ago, if you don't start there you may as well just look everywhere as a possible location. HH
Finally got to see last nights show. I must say I was disappointed with the editing. I wanted to hear what clay,and jack had to say. Heck I was very interested in what the pima indian had to say.
I like frank and Im not as critical of the show as some have been,but If all they giong to do is talk to each other. Then why bother bringing legends like clay on the show.

Last edited:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok everyone. I found my expert certificate. I will let everyone know I do "OFFER" "SOME" free expert advice, but if anyone needs more in-depth expert advice you can consult me about my fees! They ARE reasonable!

Here is my certificate to prove my course completion on being an expert! :laughing7:

Expert Certificate 2.jpg

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Randy,

Obie Stoker drove his old Packard into Second Water by the Question Mark Mine. As I recall, Barry Storm had his sedan all the way to Boulder Basin.

Take care,

Joe

Oh wow, thanks Joe, I have been corrected.

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If some of those people that are old and searching most of their life haven't found it then I wouldn't waste my time talking to them for clues, if its been mined for a long time in the past you need to be looking for the rock they discarded from the mine which won't be like all the other natural breakdown. I won't say what I would do as everyone can figure out for themselves what's best, but looking for answers from people that haven't found it isn't going to get you anywhere. I know where I would start the search and that's in the past when it was found long ago, if you don't start there you may as well just look everywhere as a possible location. HH

Oh I agree thats why I refused to buy the books. I figured the folk lore was getting in the way of the truith.
Still if your going to invite them on the show. Let us hear them.
To me its like having a vistor pastor,and the regular pastor not shutting up long enough for him to really speak. Why invite him in the first place.

Does everyone still agree thats the bat cave. And does anyone know how many shows are left.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And does anyone know how many shows are left.

Not very many if they don't find anything.

Seriously cool footage of the valley, the goldfield areas i had visited as a kid were cool too, congrats to that

but now they have killed two snakes for show alone, which weren't even in their direct paths, and the show is portraying a role of a person that is a former detective who will 'Kill Any Snake He See's" kinda vibe.

I have to say that to be encouraging random gun use for show certainly makes the "Curse of the 250+ Dead" look all the more obvious who is involved in stealing the Apache Thunder God's Gold......

View attachment 1129092
Besides if they knew where to find the Jesuits Treasures they would be riding bikes instead of hiking......walking is so highly overrated isnt it? :happysmiley:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread