Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think its a great show, love all the cast members. I look forward to watching it. id like all the naysayers to put up or shut up, if you can do better.

Right on Dog!

Most never noticed the little things that make the show.

Like the lipstick on Wayne's shirt or the Indian Maidens dancing in the background.

But most of all no one noticed poor old Randy's grave site with the holy skull on a Jesuit cross.

RIP Randy.

Have to go visit that site someday and leave some desert wild flowers.
Hey just in case you don't know this you'll, Randy was buried with a Map yes a REAL JESUIT PERALTA GONZALES DUTCHMAN MAPA in his dying hands! Find his grave and you'll find his mine!

THE LOST LEFT, NO, WRIGHT MINE OF THE DYING KIND IT WAS N HIS WILL RIGHT BEFORE HE SAID

"I'LL BE BACK!!"

Rick4570

Jun 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, Minelab 800 Equinox, Falcon MD 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is why it was new! See they can show the film and the arrow head that looked too clean and not like it was on the ground for 100 years. So they can get away with picking it up and taking it!

More likely props from the closet prop house......

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Wayne has a good eye for that stuff. It's the real deal. I watched him find it. You assume he removed it. I've watched him pick up stuff like that many times. He then puts it back and walks off. Now when I pick up a nugget it goes in my bottle. I have a good eye for that.

Island Maser

Mar 9, 2015
Scottsdale
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old Winchester is very capable in the right hands. My dad still owns a couple of vintage lever actions. The craftsmanship is superb!

They are great guns and I have a several. Just would not be my choice to pack deep in the mountains unless on horseback or better yet mule or burro. I have a couple old ones but
my favorite is a big loop short barrel John Wayne model like he used in several movies. Mine is chambered 45 Colt Cowboy so it matches my Colt Revolvers. Easier to carry only one type
of ammo but in that terrain I am not going to be packing in my good Colt revolvers in a quick draw rig. Too easy to get scratch or damaged. The 1911 is more convenient except for the weight and bulk.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are great guns and I have a several. Just would not be my choice to pack deep in the mountains unless on horseback or better yet mule or burro. I have a couple old ones but
my favorite is a big loop short barrel John Wayne model like he used in several movies. Mine is chambered 45 Colt Cowboy so it matches my Colt Revolvers. Easier to carry only one type
of ammo but in that terrain I am not going to be packing in my good Colt revolvers in a quick draw rig. Too easy to get scratch or damaged. The 1911 is more convenient except for the weight and bulk.

I carry a 1911 Colt Nickel Alloy light weight special down here. I've only had to use it twice but only as a defense against Drug Runners. Once they tried to run me off the road and pointed their AK's at me so I showed them I was armed also. One other time when two squared up back packers approached me with one of them holding a semi-auto behind his back! That was in Loco Canyon down by the border. Both times all I had to do was show it and that stopped any further gun play.

You guys up there have a much worse problem with every Tom Dick and Harry looking for 200 million in gold!

At least down here when I go Treasure Decoding at my spot I never see a soul. To bad the Stone Maps were made for down here and not up there. If I had a huge treasure with a set of stone maps I would take them as far away as I could and bury them to keep anyone from finding it to.

Arrow heads? They would be right on top the ground like Wayne found it they are a rock anyway and just because it's clean looking doesn't mean it's not a fresh find. Gold Nuggets are clean when you find them so why not Arrow Heads?

Bill

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was it just my eyes playing tricks on me or did I really see a heart inside the Black Hand. It was about 15 minutes into the show.

bigtimedeal

Feb 3, 2011
FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The ad for the next episode proclaims "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY FIND!"

Anyone care to guess what it is? I'll guess a red hand. I can't imagine it's a treasure-trove of riches yet.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say the the old ladder leading to a cave.

yes I agree. it will just be another relic, footprint or other mark that may or may not be a clue.
I don't have much respect for the people who create previews.
They do allot of truth stretching to try and get newbies ...
and those who are on the verge of giving up watching , to tune in :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

Island Maser

Mar 9, 2015
Scottsdale
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had to show a gun out in the woods only in the city. Once I was young and stupid and gave a guy a ride who he said his car was broke down. Scam. I led into a bad hood and he threatened me. I pull my gun and put to his head telling him his is lucky to be alive. I was taught that if you point at something you are going to shoot it. He got out and was lipping off all cocky. I fired 3 rounds at his feet and that got him dancing and running. Like I said I was young and stupid. Last time was a couple of years ago in traffic. I guy tried to block my lane in traffic and I just went around him. He sped by me on the shoulder and then cut me off stopping rush hour traffic on the freeway. Lucky I was heading to the range and had my Nickel Colt 1911 with me. The crack head came bolting out of the car running straight at me like a mad man. I chambered a round and sat still and calm waiting for him to get close to ruin his day. He stopped about 20 feet from the car "You have a gun don't you". I said "You are smarter than you look and about 2 steps from having a really bad day". He said "My bad and got back in his car". The trucker behind me had already called it into in to the cops. Two cops were waiting for both of us about 2 miles ahead. He yelled to them that I have a gun. I confirmed that I did and that is now on the front seat with my hands raised. I also said I have a CC permit. Cops ran both our DL's. Trucker stopped also to give his report. The crack head had warrants so he went right to jail. The cops told him he was lucky I didn't blow his head off after the trucker told them what happened. It get the heart pumping. The cops "That is one bad ass Colt you have there" It is WWII European Theater Commerative Nickel 1911 that has been jeweled and worked for competition shooting. I actually have two of them after watching Woody Harrelson in Zoombie Land.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess they will find a hidden cache. Whats inside is anyone guess.

as long as they don't decide to Mark the spot & move on leaving it behind for another day.
Like they did on that Jessie James Treasure Hunt that time. where that crew got signals with the detector
but decided to move on & come back later & dig after someone got a chance to spike the holes with mason jars :tongue3:

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as long as they don't decide to Mark the spot & move on leaving it behind for another day.
Like they did on that Jessie James Treasure Hunt that time. where that crew got signals with the detector
but decided to move on & come back later & dig after someone got a chance to spike the holes with mason jars :tongue3:
Yea I know how you feel. My concern is the show might bring unwanted attention.
They have done a good job keeping the actual area under wraps.

I agree with protecting the land, still it would be nice to be able to recover what you find. Those old boys blowing holes in the
Mtns messed it all up.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

This is what they will find inside the cave:

Screen Shot 2015-02-09 at 10.06.05 AM.png

My guess is they will find something that has been "sealed up" pretty good, and have to "call off the hunt" until they can "figure something out,"

but.... not gonna happen unless the 2nd season gets greenlit!

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, what do you think it is?

I like the guys andvthe show isnt really that bad.
Still with all the props the history channel has put out to create a interest in the show. How do we its legit is what people are going to be saying.
If they did find a treasure. I wonder if they will file a treasure trove permit,and if history channel will own a steak in it. Lol

nick435

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bat cave at canyon lake is at the ladder, an old guano mine, nothing but cacca is what they find lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread