Im surprised nobody has mentioned the codes on the saguaros or unusual

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I put together a website of my father bio along with some of the photos I have.
I've had requests. Sorry it took so long!
Link:
Bio Carrol

carrol..i knew your dad well..he was a hell of a man,,matter of fact he taught me alot about hardrock mining and the art of fast draw (he was one of the best ) and alot about life in general ..i missed him when he passed..i'm glad to see you got a website about him..seeing his pics brought back fond memories...good job

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The light flashes are extremely interesting Mike. I have posted my postulation on them in your forum. . LIGHT FLASHES

'
The basic conditions require an adobe type soil which is impervious and it must also contain the necessary chemicals, and naturally the metal.. As the metal undergoes this decomposition, one of the products is this luminous materiel, but in a dry adobe soil it cannot escape, so it accumulates. Generally when the first rains arrive in the areas where Adobe soil is found, they loosen the soil enough so that the accumulated luminous materiel is able to escape. Many times the layer over the metal isn't softened enough, so the gas continues spreading out until it finds an exit. This distance may be from exactly overhead to a100 meters'.

It is just that simple.

No, fort knox isn't an adobie type soil.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mike, this is from a robbery of 10 mule loads, this is my share.

The location was first established by a fire, then homed in with a metal detector -- fires seldom exit over the buried materiel,
or mtal / ve 8 Reales.jpg_thumb.jpg i 8 REALES Alamos minted. 1885.jpg n.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<cut>

HINT: Also ask them about the light flashes at dusk. Very interesting. Here is a thread I started about it a while back:

LIGHT FLASHES

Mike

Thanks for the link - I'll read that thread as soon as I get time. I had old Mexican miners tell me about this when I was living in CO. As I recall (I'll try to dig up my old info), it's supposedly the real deal. It has to be at night because the light is like a blue methanol flame - hard to see unless it's very dark. Also, the air has to be electrically charged ("a stormy night with lightning").

Another one is the Polaroid SX70-pictures-at-sunup legend. Allegedly, using SX70 film only, an aura appears over a gold deposit if you photograph the spot with the rising sun behind you. Woo-woo. I don't believe SX70 film is available anymore, but I borrowed a Polaroid camera and tried this once back in the 80s and got nice pictures but no auras. Turned out later that I was on the wrong site anyway. Ha ha.

Later edit. Read the thread - very interesting. Found my notes. In both cases - blue light and SX70 film - the source was a cache of gold, not just any old gold-bearing earth. Mexican: "you can find buried gold ...". TH: "You can photograph a gold cache's aura ...". Therefore, Mike's references to Agricola's and others reports from hundreds of years ago may indicate that they were locating high-grade outcrops or near-surface veins by observing light flashes. This makes sense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words, Dave. Yes, he could draw & fan that single action colt!!
He would hold that 12ga double barrel side by side shotgun with 1 hand & blow both barrels, 3 1/2" loads!!
I wanted to show how much effort it took to build everything he has built in my lifetime.
Did you go to page 2 showing the codes? i'll be adding more as time goes by.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Az dave -- fast draw ? now your are speaking my language. I was officially timed at 3/5 of a sec to draw and hit a sil.target at 12 meters, me iniating the draw.

In the Border Patrol we practiced by putting a coin on our outstretched pistol hand, then drawing and catching the coin on the pistol barrel.

Course I am sorta out of practice now, plus, they loused up my right shoulder when they operated on me for terminal neck cancer back on my 80 th . sigh.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Az dave -- fast draw ? now your are speaking my language. I was officially timed at 3/5 of a sec to draw and hit a sil.target at 12 meters, me iniating the draw.

In the Border Patrol we practiced by putting a coin on our outstretched pistol hand, then drawing and catching the coin on the pistol barrel.

Course I am sorta out of practice now, plus, they loused up my right shoulder when they operated on me for terminal neck cancer back on my 80 th . sigh.

i'm sure you could still outdo most of the population on fast draw...its not something you forget....carrol ingle could draw his pistol and shoot a beer bottle out of a mans hand and holster it again before you could blink an eye..and never hit the man....lol

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Thanks for the kind words, Dave. Yes, he could draw & fan that single action colt!!
He would hold that 12ga double barrel side by side shotgun with 1 hand & blow both barrels, 3 1/2" loads!!
I wanted to show how much effort it took to build everything he has built in my lifetime.
Did you go to page 2 showing the codes? i'll be adding more as time goes by.

carrol..i didnt realize there was a second page..i'll go look now

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm sure you could still outdo most of the population on fast draw...its not something you forget....carrol ingle could draw his pistol and shoot a beer bottle out of a mans hand and holster it again before you could blink an eye..and never hit the man....lol

I've seen many time where sonebody would ask to see his gun & he would say
"your going to see the wrong end of it!".

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008

real...the only man around here that came close to carrol's skill with a colt 45 was chuck crawford...i heard bob ward was pretty good too but never saw him in action

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
real...the only man around here that came close to carrol's skill with a colt 45 was chuck crawford...i heard bob ward was pretty good too but never saw him in action

I fixed the link to the 2nd page. My dads colt is a 357 Army issue nickle plated.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I fixed the link to the 2nd page. My dads colt is a 357.

i took a look at the 2nd page..i see you have a pic of carrol's friend mike ..carrol used to talk about him quite a bit...if i remember correctly he was done in by a rattlesnake

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i took a look at the 2nd page..i see you have a pic of carrol's friend mike ..carrol used to talk about him quite a bit...if i remember correctly he was done in by a rattlesnake

No he lost toes from hiking. Became bedridden & lost hope. I use to see Mike & Doc Rosencrans every weekend.

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There is a difference between fast drawing on targets & drawing on another man!!
kind of like shooting pool for fun & shooting pool for money!!

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
There is a difference between fast drawing on targets & drawing on another man!!
kind of like shooting pool for fun & shooting pool for money!!

very true......carrol...go look at terry solomans post titled "the true story of the lost dutchmans gold mine"...i'll try to post a link to it
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/l...178-true-story-lost-dutchman-s-gold-mine.html

they are calling him john the prospector but he is john d. wilburn... good friend of your dad's..that video was shot at the bluebird mine store
[h=3][/h]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread