Im surprised nobody has mentioned the codes on the saguaros or unusual

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol,

I finally found a photo of my Dad and his band from the 40's, 50's. He was named little Hank William for obvious reasons.
His band was called "Riley's Rhythm Rascals" so he traveled and played with Ambrose Haley and his band. Him and Haley once had Johnny Cash and Don Knots open for them at the Grand Ole Opry before those two became famous. Johnny Cash wrote a song about my Dad later in life called:

"Let me Rock & Roll with you"

In the song he names off all of my Dad's band members and him of course!

My Father played a form of early rockabilly tunes. That's his 1952 Fender Telecaster he ordered from Leo out of his garage. One of the first ones ever built!
I sure wish I had that Guitar now!

View attachment 1198104

I think they were forged, I'm not sure, I have them somewhere buried in my dads stuff.
The wire you see in the picture was attached to a wood crate for when they took some of the gold bars out.
The only land marks I have are the corners of the claims he had. Originally had his claim posts at the corners. I see some of the claim locations are online.

I want to add that I'm having trouble getting this thread up on my computer?? Dont know whats happening?

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Royal "Seal" of Cortez a raised relief Mastiff dog's Head carving. Taken out of the shaft of my first ever treasure site about six feet down. It has a heart carved on the other side of it. Cortez used Mastiff's for killing anyone that challenged him and the Indian's were terrified of these huge dogs that could kill on command.

A carved Conquistador's Head is another one of Cortez's seals or Treasure Signs. I have that photo too.

View attachment 1198106

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Royal "Seal" of Cortez a raised relief Mastiff dog's Head carving. Taken out of the shaft of my first ever treasure site about six feet down. It has a heart carved on the other side of it. Cortez used Mastiff's for killing anyone that challenged him and the Indian's were terrified of these huge dogs that could kill on command.

A carved Conquistador's Head is another one of Cortez's seals or Treasure Signs. I have that photo too.

View attachment 1198106
Excellent Bill R.,Thank you so much for that info., Because a couple hundred yards from Cortez ,is one of his dogs, with a heart for a eye. They are both looking at the treasurer site. Great call Bill. Thanks again for that info. View attachment 1198308 View attachment 1198310

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, Would you like to see the helmeted Conquistador Head with the Walkers Trail monument?

I have them somewhere. The Conquistador Head was carved on the back of a giant tongue monument next to a "Walkers Trail Foot Marker" or walkers map monument. Sometimes the walkers foot is a marker for a map other times it only shows a direction to a camp or shrine or even a gold mine. All of those monuments along with the ground markers like a huge arrow with a Lightening bolt, lightening heart and Elephant, yes, you heard me, an Elephant all give verification to a gold mine not to far and sixty-seventy feet down.

Oh, and your quite welcome Dog. I like your images also.

Excellent Bill R.,Thank you so much for that info., Because a couple hundred yards from Cortez ,is one of his dogs, with a heart for a eye. They are both looking at the treasurer site. Great call Bill. Thanks again for that info. View attachment 1198308 View attachment 1198310

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, i collect guitars, so your post interested me...i also did a search for the Riley's Rhythm Rascals and this one reference came up...Funny, it was in Missouri, where i am located, in 1952...i pasted the reference to save wading though the whole page to find it..

Jefferson City Post-Tribune from Jefferson City, Missouri · Page 15

BENEFIT DANCE Thursday, June 5 9:00 P. M. M c C L U N G P A R K Music bj RILEY'S RHYTHM RASCALS and Other JAMBOREE Artists Sponsored by x SOUTHSIDE MERCHANTS BASEBALL CLUB

Glen

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol,

I finally found a photo of my Dad and his band from the 40's, 50's. He was named little Hank William for obvious reasons.
His band was called "Riley's Rhythm Rascals" so he traveled and played with Ambrose Haley and his band. Him and Haley once had Johnny Cash and Don Knots open for them at the Grand Ole Opry before those two became famous. Johnny Cash wrote a song about my Dad later in life called:

My Father played a form of early rockabilly tunes. That's his 1952 Fender Telecaster he ordered from Leo out of his garage. One of the first ones ever built!

View attachment 1198104

I still have my 1966 Fender Guitar!!
Thats really neat about your dad!! Ya that telly would be priceless to say the least!

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, Would you like to see the helmeted Conquistador Head with the Walkers Trail monument?

I have them somewhere. The Conquistador Head was carved on the back of a giant tongue monument next to a "Walkers Trail Foot Marker" or walkers map monument. Sometimes the walkers foot is a marker for a map other times it only shows a direction to a camp or shrine or even a gold mine. All of those monuments along with the ground markers like a huge arrow with a Lightening bolt, lightening heart and Elephant, yes, you heard me, an Elephant all give verification to a gold mine not to far and sixty-seventy feet down.

Oh, and your quite welcome Dog. I like your images also.

I would like to see it, very interesting I've never really looked at rocks as carvinge outside of the obvious.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking for anything about his band thanks! I grew up in Hannibal. They want you to subscribe for $8 a year to see the ad so you can't blow it up but thanks again! His written songs were destroyed in a flood back in 1993 all on old steel wire reels and some 45 vinyl's. His telecaster was hocked in Florida by my brother after he inherited it when my Dad died. It was wasn't worth that much as my Dad re-finished it. I asked him once why he did that and he told me it was from the teeth marks. I asked him to explain and he said that most venues they played had chicken wire around the stage but some didn't. So he had to use the Guitar as a club for self defense thus knocking the teeth out of many of the trouble makers!

He contacted Leo Fender about it once Leo said his records were destroyed in a garage fire in California. Leo remembered my Dads order but couldn't remember if it was the first second or third Guitar he made for 1953. The serial under the Bigsby neck was 123. So it was one of the first three ever produced!

My Dad ordered it out of a magazine and showed me a copy of his order once.

He died suddenly in 1981 he was 48 years old and an alcoholic with diabetes.

Thanks again.

Bill, i collect guitars, so your post interested me...i also did a search for the Riley's Rhythm Rascals and this one reference came up...Funny, it was in Missouri, where i am located, in 1952...i pasted the reference to save wading though the whole page to find it..

Jefferson City Post-Tribune from Jefferson City, Missouri · Page 15

BENEFIT DANCE Thursday, June 5 9:00 P. M. M c C L U N G P A R K Music bj RILEY'S RHYTHM RASCALS and Other JAMBOREE Artists Sponsored by x SOUTHSIDE MERCHANTS BASEBALL CLUB

Glen

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol, How were the bands bonded together? Were they pounded and forged together or riveted?
I'm curious, what happened there you'll never forget?
I knew they used true north not magnetic from the site I've been working on.
With degree coordinates-and I'm not that versed in that sort of positioning-doesn't it require three known land marks for triangulation?

Bill, I'm not going to be able to transfer the saguaros locations to google maps
because I cant figure the corner locations of each claim.
I would have to go out there, find whats left of the claim posts & use a GPS, then transfer to google maps. What a shame!!

OP
OP
Carl995

Carl995

Apr 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol,

View attachment 1198104

Bill do you have any pictures of him wearing his guns??

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carrol,

I do somewhere in my box of old pix. Problem is they're crumbling every time I access them and fall off the card in the album which explains who's in the pictures with my Dad. I'll see if I can access them one more time with out screwing them up to much. I'm lucky to have any photo's of him as my step father was adamant that he never see or hear a word about my father once he married my mother so everything was lost for years. He was responsible for the loss of the reel to reel tapes and songs he wrote being destroyed by flood as he wouldn't let my Mother remove them from the house during the evacuation.

But I have seen the photo so I know it's in there somewhere. I hope it is as my only brother I have left out of my whole family has what's left of the photo's and says he lost them.

Either way I have his collection of his singing cowboy days so Ill post some of those if I can't find the others.

Bill do you have any pictures of him wearing his guns??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread