Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, dowsing ??

Yes, Real TTT, dowsing with metal rods, I dont have a deep seeking metal detector. Or maybe with a IR lens on a camera to catch the aura of the glow from the precious metals. The kind of glow that would come from all those silver coins you found.

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I couldnt find your album Hal. nice photo,thanks.

This morning I posted a handful of articles relating to the giant stone turtle in "Treasure Signs & Symbols" as well as several other interesting articles in the "Stone Tablets" album... believe it or not, there are several examples out there.

I created these albums specifically for TNet members interested in research.

The third album (empty for now) is dedicated to Peralta family genealogy which (for now) begins in Barcelona, Spain circa 1700. Once I have proofed my notes I will begin posting the family tree. A few surprises there.

Edit: dog, tth - click on my avatar and the albums will display below. You should now have access if interested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
This is a drawing of Joseph Peralta who, with his brother and sister, were the first Peraltas from this branch of the family tree to be born in the New World. Joseph's father, Juan (b.1743) held title to large tracks of land in Arizona and Louisiana.

Last edited:

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you happen to have a link to your albums Hal? I have searched for them and can't seem to locate anything...very interested in reading the full articles

Thanks, Glen

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Do you happen to have a link to your albums Hal? I have searched for them and can't seem to locate anything...very interested in reading the full articles

Thanks, Glen

Roadhse2 - Click on Hal Croves above the avatar picture and it will take you to the profile page. Below are the albums and you now have access.

TH - Moderator... S-O,O-S
If I set the albums to "public", does that mean nonmembers can also view the material? I want the albums to be restricted to TNet members but continually adding contacts is not practical.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
when not logged in,and i click the albums in that side bar, it asked me to log in
i went to my profile,( i have no albums ), but if i try to create one i get the below

• PublicAlbum will be viewable by all visitors
  • PrivateOnly visible to contacts and moderators

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
when not logged in,and i click the albums in that side bar, it asked me to log in
i went to my profile,( i have no albums ), but if i try to create one i get the below

• PublicAlbum will be viewable by all visitors
  • PrivateOnly visible to contacts and moderators

I feel like a kid who ate way too many lead paint chips here. So, does "all visitors" include non-member?

Thanks cw909.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
since it would not let me view albums without logging in
im thinking only Tnet members can view

AbTexEx

Nov 27, 2008
America's Dairyland
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could not see the albums unless logged in and clicking your profile.
Tried searching the album section not logged in and logged in for "Stone Tablets" and got no returns.
Thanks for posting those articles.

AJones

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
722 Toulouse Street - New Orleans

Louis Adam's (French patriot) son J.B.L Adam, married Don Juan de Peralta's only daughter, Juanita Elimoca Peralta (Adam).

"The early two-story masonry house at 722 Toulouse Street provides a high wall for the adjoining courtyard of the Williams Residence. The house that Louis Adam built here in 1788, after the first great fire destroyed an earlier structure, appears to have escaped the second fire of 1794, according to a plan dated December 25, 1794, in the Archive of the Indies in Seville. The widow of Louis Adam sold the property in 1805. That same year, the house changed hands several times and was finally bought by Joseph Guillot, who, along with his partner Claude Gurlie, was a prominent architect-builder. Guillot and Gurlie made improvements and sold the house to Jean Baptiste Soraparu in 1810 for a price indicating a substantially enlarged structure.

The building gradually lost its colonial exterior over the years and was sold and resold many times. In the 1930s, the house was opened to boarders and for a short time a young playwright—Tennessee Williams—lived high up in a garret room.

When architect Richard Koch photographed number 722 Toulouse Street in 1945—the year it was purchased by General and Mrs. Williams—the house was run-down and greatly changed. The Williamses repaired the building, but restoration to the original Spanish colonial style did not occur until the 1970s. Architects from Koch and Wilson were guided by a drawing in the Notarial Archives that revealed a wood gallery and high-pitched, tiled roof. Today, the Toulouse Street building houses the The Collection’s publications/marketing department."

THNOC - Louis Adams House

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Name "Peralta" itself is a small town in Spain high on a mountain top.

So the name Peralta means high mountain peak. I read that somewhere long ago.

Nice Turtle Hal. There was a real nice one in the old Treasure Hunters University hand book.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wizard is there? Hey Bill, the picture of the snail with pack. I see a lion with his paw on a duck or goose

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Some of the information that I used to build the Tumlinson Family Tree will be removed today specifically, any quotes that I used from the following research paper pertaining to Frank Tumlinson.

While I did credit the author and his excellent work, I have been asked to remove all references to it from this thread which, is unfortunate. Still, this research paper is a great piece of work and should be read by all those interested in Tumlinson genealogy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions