Status
Not open for further replies.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
interesting,and a journal type book too, Ryan hope you got that too

What puzzles me is the "manuscript" is being talked about but not the other work which is more of a Journal than a book-manuscript. The Mitchell copies are in fine shape and no problem with reading them, also the copies of the photos are in good condition.

Oso

May 26, 2015
Foothills of Supes
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
so let me get this straight. travis tumlinson wrote a manuscript about his failed attempt to make sense of the maps and everyone here is excited that a book is coming out with the info? umm ok

Speaking only for myself, I place a high value on knowing more about the history of the “maps”. If Ryan’s recent acquisition sheds any new light on their history, yes, I’d be very excited to read about it. Even if the information and photos have been previously viewed and debated within the inner circle of the LDM/PSM communities, they would be of interest to me; I’m not a treasure hunter per se, but I love a good mystery. Perhaps that makes me a bromide with platitudinous tendencies.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many more hundreds of years will this legend last? :hello:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote..............I just wanted to be clear because there is some confusion and everyone should understand what was said.

None of Tumlinson's works, the Manuscript and the Journal are complete. ........end quote

I believe from Travis' stand point the manuscript was complete. Perhaps not by others standards but it was by his thoughts and words. We have seen the last page formerly shown on this forum but removed by the powers that be and its still available elsewhere. Travis ends his work by telling us the mountains and the Thunder Gods won. That his days in the mountain are over and the spirits still hold on to their treasure. What else do we need the man to say?????

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quote..............I just wanted to be clear because there is some confusion and everyone should understand what was said.

None of Tumlinson's works, the Manuscript and the Journal are complete. ........end quote

I believe from Travis' stand point the manuscript was complete. Perhaps not by others standards but it was by his thoughts and words. We have seen the last page formerly shown on this forum but removed by the powers that be and its still available elsewhere. Travis ends his work by telling us the mountains and the Thunder Gods won. That his days in the mountain are over and the spirits still hold on to their treasure. What else do we need the man to say?????

Old,

I know I am confused over the fact the Challenger "manuscript" is being discussed but not the book draft and Journal. If you take the "manuscript" as a stand alone work then yes the discussion makes more sense and seems like a complete work although it is disjointed and addresses little of the Stone Map issue.

Matthew

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old,

I know I am confused over the fact the Challenger "manuscript" is being discussed but not the book draft and Journal. If you take the "manuscript" as a stand alone work then yes the discussion makes more sense and seems like a complete work although it is disjointed and addresses little of the Stone Map issue.

Matthew

Matthew,

You seem to have a vast amount of knowledge regarding the Manuscript, an alleged book (or partial one) along with the Stone Maps and photos. Can you share with us the following;
1)How big is the Manuscript you have held that is in your words incomplete.
2)I am assuming that since you have the knowledge of the readability of the manuscript, you can also tell us how it was copied as well as preserved.
3) Where is this partial book that was never completed?

Thanks!

Matthew Roberts

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2013
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew,

You seem to have a vast amount of knowledge regarding the Manuscript, an alleged book (or partial one) along with the Stone Maps and photos. Can you share with us the following;
1)How big is the Manuscript you have held that is in your words incomplete.
2)I am assuming that since you have the knowledge of the readability of the manuscript, you can also tell us how it was copied as well as preserved.
3) Where is this partial book that was never completed?

Thanks!

Hello DiggerGal,

I had been under the assumption everyone was on the same page concerning the "manuscript" and the other Tumlinson items. I'm beginning to see now that is not the case and there is a disconnect. If you read the T-net thread, Clarence Mitchell the Peralta Stone Maps and MOEL , you will understand where these things originated and why. There is a PART II to that article which has not appeared because the family has not given permission to release it. That article details Alleen Tumlinson's death and what happened to the Stone Maps and Tumlinson's other things. Read the part in the PART I article that says in 1963 with Alleen Tumlinson near death Clarence Mitchell again came to her aid. That should jog the Tumlinson's memory. I have no idea what Frank and Ryan might have acquired or intend to do with it but am sure they will handle whatever it is in a respectful and professional manner.

Best wishes,
Matthew

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello DiggerGal,

I had been under the assumption everyone was on the same page concerning the "manuscript" and the other Tumlinson items. I'm beginning to see now that is not the case and there is a disconnect. If you read the T-net thread, Clarence Mitchell the Peralta Stone Maps and MOEL , you will understand where these things originated and why. There is a PART II to that article which has not appeared because the family has not given permission to release it. That article details Alleen Tumlinson's death and what happened to the Stone Maps and Tumlinson's other things. Read the part in the PART I article that says in 1963 with Alleen Tumlinson near death Clarence Mitchell again came to her aid. That should jog the Tumlinson's memory. I have no idea what Frank and Ryan might have acquired or intend to do with it but am sure they will handle whatever it is in a respectful and professional manner.

Best wishes,
Matthew

Thank you Matthew,

I have read the MOEL documents, I'm more referring to where you state that the Manuscript is only "Half" written and as it is a copy that Mitchell has," it is fully legible" My questions are in reference to your knowledge of the statements that you have made.

Thanks

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank is not blocked, Ryan asked admin to delete his profile....

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lol.im just saying I don't think the legend will ever die.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in Phoenix recently I made it a point to ask as many people as I could if they were aware of the Peralta Stone maps. Not one person out of dozens had any idea what I was referring to.....

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was in Phoenix recently I made it a point to ask as many people as I could if they were aware of the Peralta Stone maps. Not one person out of dozens had any idea what I was referring to.....

What are there, something like fifty ardent followers of this legend who have posted on this forum and others over the years? Multiply that number by ten to account for lurkers, paranoids and wild men in the hills and you might have about five hundred folks - worldwide - who are quite familiar with all the PSM lore, many of them radical believers, I presume. That's roughly the same number of active members in the Flat Earth Society. Go figure.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
i just watched ryan's new video7 where ryan shows the manuscript and his trip to texas..sounds like the family says the maps in the museum are different from the ones they remember seeing....i think everyone will find it very interesting

SGnAZ

Aug 20, 2008
i just watched ryan's new video7 where ryan shows the manuscript and his trip to texas..sounds like the family says the maps in the museum are different from the ones they remember seeing....i think everyone will find it very interesting

Can you point me in the right direction? I would love to see this video.
Thanks.Steve

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can't wait to see it Dave! I know this one is going to be a huge eye opener for many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread