Not open for further replies.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the 18 mines in 35 minutes........but ryan has some truly good vids.....

Just Saying there are a ton of searchers that dont share their findings, seeing as there is some serious competition in the mainstream.

Mines are numbered with a huge 5, 6, and 7 from the landscaped markers that are there in the hills overlooking a certain familiar area......they are so close to the tourists and they just dont know anything about them.....

These are clearly the mines spoken about in the Peralta Stones and the #7 mine.....is the Vault itself Waltz spoke about......

Have to look through the EYE of the Needle

View attachment 1187346

View attachment 1187347

Clearly?? Lol

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its so ODD when I see people expecting everything just to be handed to them on a platter. And then start being negative when they don't get what they want. Ryan deserves to be rewarded for his work, and that won't happen if he just posts everything online for free. He has put in a huge amount of work and has accomplished more in a few months than most people have in many years! I started a thread once about how we lacked people who were willing to go out in the field with boots on the ground and find out actual facts. And Ryan is exactly the kind of person I was looking for to contribute to that cause! We need a hundred more people like Ryan in the treasure hunting world. He gets the job done when others are satisfied to sit around talking and rehashing the same stuff over and over and over again, and then whine when someone else goes and does the real work required to get to the truth of things.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Its so ODD when I see people expecting everything just to be handed to them on a platter. And then start being negative when they don't get what they want. Ryan deserves to be rewarded for his work, and that won't happen if he just posts everything online for free. He has put in a huge amount of work and has accomplished more in a few months than most people have in many years! I started a thread once about how we lacked people who were willing to go out in the field with boots on the ground and find out actual facts. And Ryan is exactly the kind of person I was looking for to contribute to that cause! We need a hundred more people like Ryan in the treasure hunting world. He gets the job done when others are satisfied to sit around talking and rehashing the same stuff over and over and over again, and then whine when someone else goes and does the real work required to get to the truth of things.

Hmm well I guess I have to respectfully disagree with you on some points there UncleMatt. There is a reason why some of us are very hesitant and skeptical about NEW information concerning treasure hunting, and a good reason to stick to the OLDEST sources available. The oldest sources are closest to the events and people concerned, there has been less opportunity for the pure adulterated BS that has been getting blended in, layered on and thoroughly mixed with the facts until we have the confused, complicated mess of a myth we now refer to as the LDM and Peralta Stones. I have not seen anyone "whine" about anyone digging for facts like Ryan, and perhaps you were not aware but someone had done very much what Ryan had done, a few years ago namely Garry Cundiff. He posted his results and photos of some of the other stone carvings done by Travis, on another forum which it is against the rules to post. Gollum also had been in contact with a member of the Tumlinson family and did his own research, and also posted some of what he learned. The only big difference here is that Ryan has been filming it and sharing the videos. There is nothing new under the sun.

Ryan also is apparently affiliated with some kind of film or media production company, so may be working up something rather different from what some folks are expecting to see.

If you do not like discussions where people are "rehashing the same stuff over and over" no one will force you to participate. :dontknow:

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I'm an amused bystander interested only in common ground (people, places associations, dates, motivations, etc) between the PSMs and other topics I'm interested in.

As a side thingy, I'm always curious about the rationale of why folks believe some of the things they do. I'm definitely not a believer in the popular PSM legends. I suspect the whole story has something to do with disinformation.

I was joking amigo, hence the smilies in the post but thanks for the reply. Also agree that disinformation is very definitely a factor that ought to be kept in mind by any serious treasure hunter.

Please do continue:

:coffee2: :coffee2:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"it is easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled" ~ Mark Twain

Howdy UncleMatt,

Mark Twain hit the nail on the head with that one. Ryan's poll reflects that, 24 to 12. The majority believes Travis made the stones.

Homar

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Hmm well I guess I have to respectfully disagree with you on some points there UncleMatt. There is a reason why some of us are very hesitant and skeptical about NEW information concerning treasure hunting, and a good reason to stick to the OLDEST sources available. The oldest sources are closest to the events and people concerned, there has been less opportunity for the pure adulterated BS that has been getting blended in, layered on and thoroughly mixed with the facts until we have the confused, complicated mess of a myth we now refer to as the LDM and Peralta Stones. I have not seen anyone "whine" about anyone digging for facts like Ryan, and perhaps you were not aware but someone had done very much what Ryan had done, a few years ago namely Garry Cundiff. He posted his results and photos of some of the other stone carvings done by Travis, on another forum which it is against the rules to post. Gollum also had been in contact with a member of the Tumlinson family and did his own research, and also posted some of what he learned. The only big difference here is that Ryan has been filming it and sharing the videos. There is nothing new under the sun.

Ryan also is apparently affiliated with some kind of film or media production company, so may be working up something rather different from what some folks are expecting to see.

If you do not like discussions where people are "rehashing the same stuff over and over" no one will force you to participate. :dontknow:

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

roy..i disagree...the oldest info that is out there hasnt gotten anyone anywhere

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<cut>. The oldest sources are closest to the events and people concerned, there has been less opportunity for the pure adulterated BS that has been getting blended in, layered on and thoroughly mixed with the facts until we have the confused, complicated mess of a myth we now refer to as the LDM and Peralta Stones. <cut>

From logical and human behavior points of view, it seems to me that "original source data" would be by far the least likely to trust. After all, anyone who has treasure "facts" - if any truly exist - will guard them closely and obfuscate all proprietary material from the beginning. Who wouldn't?

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following these threads is like a study in human physiology. It really is interesting.

Ryan, just like everyone else, is entitled to a "theory" about the stone maps. It may be right, it may be wrong. It may have pieces of both. And; just like everyone else, it may evolve over time as he discovers new information. Who else has brought you face to face with The Manuscript. Not a copy, THE manuscript, the complete manuscript, typed by with hand notations by Travis himself. How much closer to the source can you get?

What is refreshing is he presents the story as it unfolds in his path of discovery. Warts, confirmations, and conflicts in various theories. He presents both sides of the story not just what favors his particular views on the subject.

Joe, in this video, does not appear to be a person "lead" to a conclusion. Can we for a minute put down personal preference and consider the hours of conversation that lead up to this filmed interview? Getting to the heart of the matter is the job of a good interviewer. That's what Ryan did in the on film version of the telling of this story. If you wanted the 6 to 8 hours of lead up you should have gotten on your pony and made the trip yourself. Failing that, you get the > 13 minutes of the condensed version. That includes the good, the bad and the ugly, depending on your view point. Good grief guys. What does it take to please you?

Howdy Lynda,

Of course Ryan is entitled to his own theory, but didn't he claim that the stones were fakes, that Travis was a liar, a con artist? So wouldn't that make the manuscript worthless to him and his admirers? Now all of his followers that look the other way when the rat was exposed, are interested in what Travis wrote? It does seem like a study in human physiology. Ryan's real concern is that someone else may expose what was on the manuscript before he does. The copies were obtained before any copyright, I don't believe his copyright can govern over others property. Even if it could, they could expose anything under the fair use doctrine as long as it is not done for profit.

I have no problem with Ryan making a buck, and I don't really care to read what's in the manuscript. It is just about Travis's failure to understand them, and his opinions as to where he thought the stones led to.

Ryan did not arrive filming, he met with all the family members first. He gave them his opinion of why he assumed the stones on the bumper picture were not the same ones in the museum. It was after he brainwashed Joe, that he hand picked him, and filmed him. The only reason Joe made some "pungent advice" is because Ryan was leading him, telling him some would not agree with him. A person speaking honestly with no one leading him would have no reason to give "pungent advice".

Homar

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lynda...you'll never please jealous people...and it sure sounds like we have a couple of those here....like you said if they thought they could do better they should have made the trip and talked to the tumlinsons...homar..you are in texas..why didnt you do this?...sounds to me like ryan has done what nobody else thought to do...and you are basing your jealousy on a short video...dont you think you should wait until more comes to light before you sound off?.....this is only the start...alot more to come....it's difficult for me to believe nobody has done this before

Howdy azdave35,

Who are you to tell me when I can voice my opinion?

Why didn't I go visit the Tumlinson's? I never had the need, I have no questions needing answers.

Homar

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My oh My.....
First, for those arm chair, keyboard wielding, air conditioned comfort doubters, yes, there is an App for that! It's called Google Earth and man oh man has it created a frenzy within these forums!
It is absolutely astounding how many people have such deep roots to a Legend that they "personally" have never put boots on the ground to decipher. Living vicariously through those that exert the effort, withstand the rejection, and yet, have the determination to keep at it, only to bring something new, something Original and something fresh to the table for everyone to enjoy, and in return? The doubters with the: "you should of, could of and would of's" need to get their words in on the subject! Really??? Then...this is where it gets really good; These individuals that hide behind a tough screen name persona, delve in from their recliner in their air conditioned office or home and try to dispel the efforts by a threat to publish something they do not have, never had, will never have and never got up out of their chair to get, or if they did....well, they just couldn't close the deal. Beyond ridiculous!
You would think (IMO anyway) a logical, methodical individual that had two brain cells that would rub together to create heat, would be asking questions as to the discovery of the items that have never been in possession of Anyone on this forum! But Noooooo! Here on this thread, we need to throw stones and threats along with questioning the integrity of one of the Tumlinsons to which, once again, No One on this Forum has ever met or talked to, to try to discredit the very diligence that keeps everyone coming back to see the next video, the next announcement, the next venture, the next step.
I thank Ryan for his diligence in the pursuit of this Legend and am interested not only in what comes next, but the additional information that he has already discovered. Is what he doing bold? Yes. Is it Fresh? Absolutely! Is it controversial? Yes! Does it deserve merit and credit? Yes! Does it deserve threats from the very people in this forum? Not in any way shape or form.
Some individuals need to get out of their own way to see what positives this has brought to the LDM community as well as the information on the Peralta Stones not to mention Tnet.

Tina

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Howdy Lynda,

Of course Ryan is entitled to his own theory, but didn't he claim that the stones were fakes, that Travis was a liar, a con artist? So wouldn't that make the manuscript worthless to him and his admirers? Now all of his followers that look the other way when the rat was exposed, are interested in what Travis wrote? It does seem like a study in human physiology. Ryan's real concern is that someone else may expose what was on the manuscript before he does. The copies were obtained before any copyright, I don't believe his copyright can govern over others property. Even if it could, they could expose anything under the fair use doctrine as long as it is not done for profit.

I have no problem with Ryan making a buck, and I don't really care to read what's in the manuscript. It is just about Travis's failure to understand them, and his opinions as to where he thought the stones led to.

Ryan did not arrive filming, he met with all the family members first. He gave them his opinion of why he assumed the stones on the bumper picture were not the same ones in the museum. It was after he brainwashed Joe, that he hand picked him, and filmed him. The only reason Joe made some "pungent advice" is because Ryan was leading him, telling him some would not agree with him. A person speaking honestly with no one leading him would have no reason to give "pungent advice".

Homar

as stated before homar....you could have easily drove to the tumlinson place and found out what ryan did..matter of fact you could have done it easier...you are not too far from them....i think that before you start bashing someone you should wait until more info is let out....all you saw was 12 minutes and you have no idea what ryan's thoughts on the stone maps are...he is still in the process of gathering and sorting info.....i stand by what i have said all along on here..you cant do anything sitting behind your computer...you have to get up off your seat and talk to people...thats why ryan has accomplished so much in so little time...and as far as joe tumlinson goes...i have spoken with him on the phone and have no problem believing what he says....he isnt one to be led anywhere....he may be a little nervous being filmed but thats it...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put thread back on topic please, topic is not Ryan....

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Lynda,

Homar

Homar,

You stated; "I don't really care to read what's in the manuscript. It is just about Travis's failure to understand them, and his opinions as to where he thought the stones led to."

My question is, why are you here? What do you hope to gain while in this forum thread?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video.

I wonder what happened to the real Trail Maps?

So we now see the Witch Map and the heart stone are the original maps and those old trail stones were forgeries with either to many symbols added, or certain symbols left out of the equation. He may just find those originals before its over.

I wouldn't have gone to that much trouble looking for the provenance. Like Homar, I take them at face value and used them as far as I could then I had to move onward on my own with other sources for the next phases as the maps set are not complete. Either the Indian Head map is missing or the other map was never found and probably pushed under the berm next to the Burrow Pit down to deep for discovery.

Since I believe the maps as a set are not complete all of this means nothing to me but good old fashion entertainment!

Keep it up you guys and you may just find your way to that $200 a show gig in TV land! Right after "Finding Bigfoot" and good old Matt Moneymaker!

The Frank & Ryan show!

Just like Abbott & Costello!

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Video.

I wonder what happened to the real Trail Maps?

So we now see the Witch Map and the heart stone are the original maps and those old trail stones were forgeries with either to many symbols added, or certain symbols left out of the equation. He may just find those originals before its over.

I wouldn't have gone to that much trouble looking for the provenance. Like Homar, I take them at face value and used them as far as I could then I had to move onward on my own with other sources for the next phases as the maps set are not complete. Either the Indian Head map is missing or the other map was never found and probably pushed under the berm next to the Burrow Pit down to deep for discovery.

Since I believe the maps as a set are not complete all of this means nothing to me but good old fashion entertainment!

Keep it up you guys and you may just find your way to that $200 a show gig in TV land! Right after "Finding Bigfoot" and good old Matt Moneymaker!

The Frank & Ryan show!

Just like Abbott & Costello!

Bill,

Understanding that you have put boots on the ground, how many stones do you believe make up the full set? And if you may, will you please elaborate as to which stones are authentic or had authenticity at one time.

Thanks!

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I've finally arrived. Hal is now convinced I'm part of one of his conspiracy theories. But; it does raise my elevation to be thought worthy of having something to conspire about. Guess I'll have to order a larger hat. Normal Stetson just won't do. Don't want to be caught out of uniform.

Here I thought there would be much interest in discussing the difference in the color of the original stones, who may be the person in the bumper photo, the reference to the "box", and the all important large hole location in the trail maps but NO.........nada. The Bonnie and Clyde connection didn't even raise a comment.

Its all about kill the messenger and discredit the sources. We go on in minute detail deciphering the words of long dead individuals with no way to know the true meaning, but you have a face to face interview of someone with first hand information with an opportunity and outlet to get your questions answered and you cast it off. I'm astounded.

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Wow, I've finally arrived. Hal is now convinced I'm part of one of his conspiracy theories. But; it does raise my elevation to be thought worthy of having something to conspire about. Guess I'll have to order a larger hat. Normal Stetson just won't do. Don't want to be caught out of uniform.

Here I thought there would be much interest in discussing the difference in the color of the original stones, who may be the person in the bumper photo, the reference to the "box", and the all important large hole location in the trail maps but NO.........nada. The Bonnie and Clyde connection didn't even raise a comment.

Its all about kill the messenger and discredit the sources. We go on in minute detail deciphering the words of long dead individuals with no way to know the true meaning, but you have a face to face interview of someone with first hand information with an opportunity and outlet to get your questions answered and you cast it off. I'm astounded.

i'm with you lynda

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as stated before homar....you could have easily drove to the tumlinson place and found out what ryan did..matter of fact you could have done it easier...you are not too far from them....i think that before you start bashing someone you should wait until more info is let out....all you saw was 12 minutes and you have no idea what ryan's thoughts on the stone maps are...he is still in the process of gathering and sorting info.....i stand by what i have said all along on here..you cant do anything sitting behind your computer...you have to get up off your seat and talk to people...thats why ryan has accomplished so much in so little time...and as far as joe tumlinson goes...i have spoken with him on the phone and have no problem believing what he says....he isnt one to be led anywhere....he may be a little nervous being filmed but thats it...
Every thing I say seems to go over your head. Knowing this, I told you in one sentence why I never went to question the Tumlinsons.

Others like yourself may have the need to know what Travis wrote, or what his kin have to say. Now you are telling me that I need to talk to people? I am not the one with questions, get over it, you don't know what I have accomplished.

Homar

OP
OP
A

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Every thing I say seems to go over your head. Knowing this, I told you in one sentence why I never went to question the Tumlinsons.

Others like yourself may have the need to know what Travis wrote, or what his kin have to say. Now you are telling me that I need to talk to people? I am not the one with questions, get over it, you don't know what I have accomplished.

Homar

homar...you seem to think i care about your theories..i've told you before..nothing goes over my head...the facts are that i dont really care what you have to say ..as far as i'm concerned you have never done anything or contributed any info that matters to me....ryan does what he says he is going to do and thats why i have respect for him..i'm not ignoring you homar...its just that nothing you have to say interests me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread