New discovery!

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I was stopped at the gun show by a guy who said he was a huge fan of the Legend show. He asked if he could get a photo of the two of us. I said sure I would be happy to. After he said since I was so nice he had something to tell me. His dad was a close associate of Bob Garman years ago. He said Bob gave his dad a extra copy of his slide collection. In that collection was a photo of the original Peg Leg map with directional markers. Also photos of Herman and the Tumlinsons. He agreed to let me view them. Wow! We have all seen black and white photos of Herman at his shack. Here is the original color slide taken by Garman. I have permission to post one of Herman and that's it. The rest are for my use only. I agreed and I was very happy to get a original photo of the Peg Leg Map along with the others. So here in color is Herman at his shack. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1480374222.184235.jpg

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, very nice of the guy to share with you Sarge.
Thanks for posting.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Be it ever so humble,......

I'm sorry..."Legend" show??

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks OV. Unfortunately, we got rid of satellite TV several years ago, and don't have enough data time to stream from online.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice Sarg

Adds a little extra being in color! Now how bout a peek at the peg leg map![emoji15]

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Show was worth attending! Serendipity strikes again.
Fantastic slice of history,and more.

I feel a slight twinge though ,thinking there must have been some sad 800 pound pack rat evicted ;and having to build a new nest......

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Sarge!
Good souvenir for your collection! If you decide to follow it bring a Garman along!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I was stopped at the gun show by a guy who said he was a huge fan of the Legend show. He asked if he could get a photo of the two of us. I said sure I would be happy to. After he said since I was so nice he had something to tell me. His dad was a close associate of Bob Garman years ago. He said Bob gave his dad a extra copy of his slide collection. In that collection was a photo of the original Peg Leg map with directional markers. Also photos of Herman and the Tumlinsons. He agreed to let me view them. Wow! We have all seen black and white photos of Herman at his shack. Here is the original color slide taken by Garman. I have permission to post one of Herman and that's it. The rest are for my use only. I agreed and I was very happy to get a original photo of the Peg Leg Map along with the others. So here in color is Herman at his shack. View attachment 1386115

Wow a rare find, congrats Sarge! Thank you for sharing this!

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From Bob Garman's book "Mystery Gold of the Superstitions" - page 83 of my copy...

By the way Frank - those are some great pieces of history you got to see - grats. I still have to sit down and transcribe Greg's interview with Bob Garman one of these days. I gotta make the time and I owe you a copy of it.

hermann cabin.JPG

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stopped at the gun show by a guy who said he was a huge fan of the Legend show. He asked if he could get a photo of the two of us. I said sure I would be happy to. After he said since I was so nice he had something to tell me. His dad was a close associate of Bob Garman years ago. He said Bob gave his dad a extra copy of his slide collection. In that collection was a photo of the original Peg Leg map with directional markers. Also photos of Herman and the Tumlinsons. He agreed to let me view them. Wow! We have all seen black and white photos of Herman at his shack. Here is the original color slide taken by Garman. I have permission to post one of Herman and that's it. The rest are for my use only. I agreed and I was very happy to get a original photo of the Peg Leg Map along with the others. So here in color is Herman at his shack. View attachment 1386115

Herman passed away on November 23, 1953
So any photos of the Tumlinsons with Herman would have had to have been taken prior to that date.
If Garman took the photos, that also means he had met the Tumlinsons before then as well.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
It's great to view the photos in color. For me seeing the complete Peg Leg map on a old slide can't be beat. There were rumors about this map for many years. I think Bob may have shown the slide to a few of the old timers. Though he did not allow it to be copied. Looks like the Tumlinsons allowed him to photograph it. In the slide series there are several shots of some nice chunky gold. Seems something was being found. I have a good idea from where. Uncle Phil pointing out the spot on a slide helps. In my travels past travels I've been by that spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread