1847 site

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes that is the name thanks, a show called sea hunt also had treasure storys I checked 1out off Calif. Coast found some wreckage but no cigar.on a rant.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Motel6.5,

Found that spot way back mid 2000's while searching for Chuck Kenworthy's monuments in the state park. I posted the exact location of the site a few years ago. It's close to Goldfield and is a small group of mountains to the north and west of the main superstition range.

View attachment 1619693 View attachment 1619694

In the 1950 show called Bill buried treasure hunt . Like the photos of 1847 would like to hear more.

Last edited:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill R., nice photos and imformation. I like to read about the history of those mountain ranges. I myself don;t go farther now than the Arizona side of the Colorado river across from Laughlin,Nv. Their is plenty of history their and also along the river. In the past I have been to most areas in Arizona that interest me like the Vulture mine,which is a tourist trap, unless you go west of it maybe less than 1/4 mile,then their are open dirt roads you can take to the backside of the mine ,where a lot of outlaws/mine workers may have stashed their stolen goods. It is a craggy low mountain area with some old barely visible trails. Gd luck to you in the treasures you seek.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a little senryu I posted on another site earlier today...

1847 (Senryu)

One plus eight equals
Nine plus four equals thirteen
What of the seven???

Ed T

Of course it is not meant to make any sense at all...lol...

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill R., nice photos and imformation. I like to read about the history of those mountain ranges. I myself don;t go farther now than the Arizona side of the Colorado river across from Laughlin,Nv. Their is plenty of history their and also along the river. In the past I have been to most areas in Arizona that interest me like the Vulture mine,which is a tourist trap, unless you go west of it maybe less than 1/4 mile,then their are open dirt roads you can take to the backside of the mine ,where a lot of outlaws/mine workers may have stashed their stolen goods. It is a craggy low mountain area with some old barely visible trails. Gd luck to you in the treasures you seek.

I've become re-interested in the 1847 site I posted. I never really gave it any thought as I found the site long before I became interested in the stone maps or Travis. I think I might do some on site research just to see if that marker leads to anything at all. It's fairly easy to get to as the area is visited by tourists all the time. Usually the viewing angle of the glyph is the path you follow. I found no to other markers nearby, but, there could be as I never really looked. So maybe it leads to a small cache? It's possible I may find a site and have the need to call in an expert with GPR.

I'll probably have to wait until Blake runs out of money! LOL!

One thing good about the site it is surrounded by known gold mines and it has a very Spanish symbol with the "7" cross bar.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill, After looking at the 1st post in this thread, I feel their may be plenty of stashes yet to find. I would look for a smelter,and that may lead you to one. I am sure you are far ahead of most since you prowl those mountains. Their must have been some kind of complex their to serve the miners and water source.{things you already know} I myself shortened my metal detector arm,so I could slide the coil it into shallow tight areas.I only use a Garrett 400,works fine. I located a shallow cave,concave shaped,goes in about 18ft,a little higher up completely surrouned by brown smooth rock with streaks of quartz,this was below the top of a mountain covered on the outside with a large tree. Found a pair of divening rods inside. I am not a hardrock miner,so it stays as is. Dont have photos. On a rant.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill, After looking at the 1st post in this thread, I feel their may be plenty of stashes yet to find. I would look for a smelter,and that may lead you to one. I am sure you are far ahead of most since you prowl those mountains. Their must have been some kind of complex their to serve the miners and water source.{things you already know} I myself shortened my metal detector arm,so I could slide the coil it into shallow tight areas.I only use a Garrett 400,works fine. I located a shallow cave,concave shaped,goes in about 18ft,a little higher up completely surrouned by brown smooth rock with streaks of quartz,this was below the top of a mountain covered on the outside with a large tree. Found a pair of divening rods inside. I am not a hardrock miner,so it stays as is. Dont have photos. On a rant.

I already have a target. Of course Spanish Vara or feet are not the same as today as back then so it leaves a huge area to search no matter what. Most of the time one would have to search these multiple distances as you can't tell what measurement system they were using back then. Directions to. The old compasses used south as north so you may think you go north when in fact it's south. The old compasses also used 90 degree quarters instead of a complete 360 circle. So 18 degrees may have four different possibilities. Back then they used "True North" a lot and not magnetic so that's a factor.
It's along shot and the site was probably created by Travis as another "Movie Set" for his national treasure book tour but it's worth a look see. I just hope Blake is not watching this!

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill R., Any shot is better than no shot, your right about navagation and other types of measurement taken 100 years + ago, plus the yearly calander changes daily and so does the universe. I dont believe Travis was ever in those mountains,does not even make a good script.Wheres the proof ? He did not write a script,he wrote a story,hopeing it would be made into a script. Karl Von Muller, never mentions his name in any of his books which came at a latter date. He was a dreamer and a artist. These are my opinons only,no proof to back them up...Oh, when you find your stashed goods,dont report them to any body..Trust No-one.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another silly poem I came up with today about my little site...

One Day I'll Know For Certain (Bussokusekika)

I've found the woman
Mentioned in revelation
Or a group of mines
Who knows if they are Ophir
The mines of King Solomon
One day I'll know for certain

Ed T 8/11/2018

For some silly reason Psalm 72 comes to my mind when I think about my 1847 site...The image of Platinum with the sun and moon make me think about the woman mentioned in my silly poem...Who can say for sure?Oh well...Wouldn't it be something IF I have found Ophir...lol...I am in no rush to prove my claims though...

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your belief as to the meaning of "1847"? A distance, a date, a bible code, a name or anything else? It's just a general question. The reason I ask is because the "1847" photo I posted used a pointed "4" which can have the meaning of a triangle or a cross, or a plus "+" sign for addition, or an "X" which stands for multiply. The next numeral is "7" with a cross bar on it. a "T" or cross has a bible gematria of 23 or an "F" letter gematria reversed in the "7" which is a "7" in the Castilian bible letter codes. 18 could be the gematria for "O" or zero, or, as the 18th letter of the Castilian bible code. 8-1=7, 1+8=9X2=18. It's possible the "4" was intended as a dual symbol because the letter for that number was used as a "CH" or not at all. "4" was considered as bad as "666".

Any thoughts on this anyone?

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar to the famous Beale Codes treasure located somewhere in Bedford County Va. ??

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1847 be the Spanish-'Murican War in my humble opinion.

I don't think it was a date. Coding similar to what Beal used. Way earlier though. This was the standard for old maps both on land and animal skin or parchment. If you see an old petroglyph pecked in rock with any of these letters you can bet you booty it's a bible coding. I used it to find my first claimed gold mine.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know I never thought of it until now.

I believe the ORO 1847 site has a very direct connection to the Spanish Massacre Site!

After doing some research and running some compass numbers from the ORO 1847 petroglyph, the directional 90 degree's east runs right through the massacre site grounds. Could It be a clue to a storage vault that they were attempting to access with the many bags of Oro they were carrying with them? It's known the Spanish used under ground storage chambers for quick access.

This petroglyph may just be a clue to the entrance of said vault.

It's a very strong possibility.

The time frame lines up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread