1847 site

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A long pace/step makes sense. That way of measuring distance has been used forever. Maybe the standard vera was developed to settle land disputes. Either that or the king started hiring tax collectors that were all the same height.

That's true. But, if you were a very short individual you would "come up short" to pun a phrase. People back then were naturally shorter.

Genetic's keeps us from the treasure!

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think that the knife is like an ancient lode stone compass brujula point which lets one know that the orientation of the map is North...But who can say for certain???

Ed T

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did I fail to mention that I have stated this earlier "DON" direcion orientacion norte...Who can say for certain???I hope the spelling is right...I am drinking some pacifico tonight and I am a little buzzed...lol

Ed T

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The trail on the stones head's north then swings west, and ends at the double circle ( knife ). The stones basically just show the trail to take to all the mines in the area. There are a lot of things missing from the stones. Old agreed that there are stuff missing.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is more to it than meets the eye nobodie...But I will not reveal what little I know at this time...lol

Ed T :)

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
The trail on the stones head's north then swings west, and ends at the double circle ( knife ). The stones basically just show the trail to take to all the mines in the area. There are a lot of things missing from the stones. Old agreed that there are stuff missing.

Old Agrees

Old banked all her knowledge on RG, So your gonna go with that, Wow

babymick1

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just saying that the the trail stone maps are missing the locations of the mines.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the knife...

You stop at that point and put the knife to your ear.
Your looking for an underground spring IE the water symbol.
Reminds me of that old joke where the Indian Man puts his ear to the earth exclaiming "Buffalo Come" only this is Spanish.
The knife is simply the tool used for many things like dowsing for underground water when needed or a compass if magnetic.
It also helped to have a thirsty horse that pawed at the rock when water was located underground and the horse shoes echoed in the underground spring fed cavern.

The Treasure lies four paws down in a hidden water trapped cave system.

Dig here. X

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just saying that the the trail stone maps are missing the locations of the mines.

Are you sure about that nobodie?When I look at the stone maps the location of the mines are right there in front of my eyes...But then again I could be wrong...Maybe my little site is not the one depicted in the stones...Of course I could just have an over active imagination and I am only seeing things that I want to see...

Ed T:)

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the trail stone maps there are none. The horse stone has a circle in a circle, that's a symbol for gold mine. On the priest stone has the circle in a circle and a heart and cross in a rectangle next to them. What they did was used 2 already dug out gold mines and put the treasure in them and closed them.

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the trail stone maps there are none. The horse stone has a circle in a circle, that's a symbol for gold mine. On the priest stone has the circle in a circle and a heart and cross in a rectangle next to them. What they did was used 2 already dug out gold mines and put the treasure in them and closed them.

You may be right nobodie...I could be trying to force squares into circular holes...

I will not try to explain my views any further...lol...I am content in knowing what little I know... ;)

Ed T

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
However, the x's on the trail maps might mean an area to look into. Most of trail is on low and high ridges, all of x's points at a trail marker. What that means is that the line of the x is a canyon and that there is a marker at the head of the canyon. Something in the canyon. At the beginning of the trail is a cross and what looks like a tombstone with 2 lines in it. What that is saying is there are 2 church treasure or caches somewhere around the trail. Nothing complicated just simple.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other

No, there not missing the location's of the mines, There, There its in the markings that have instructions to find the mines.

babymick1

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
There is a old mine at every location on the trail stones. All located in Hewitt and Millsite Canyons. The same area Travis was visiting. What came first. The chicken or the egg. Did he first find the old mines then make the maps? Tom K, Keith and I found the last one this spring. The R in the right upper corner of the trail stones stands for Rodgers. The maps can be placed in many areas. You need to look where Travis was doing his thing. Hewitt and Millsite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions