Barry Storm's Mr. X

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not put boots on the ground in the SUPS, But one look at those door stops and it doesn't take much to see how perfect they are...and we hunters usually know when something looks THAT good , something is WRONG. I mentioned once that someone did a great job with a Dremel Bit on those "maps". They just don't show any wear or tear from being as old as they are supposed to be. And the whole story of how they were found, thats quite a stretch of the imagination also. I still believe the real Dutchmen mine hasn't been found yet and feel its there or close by from all the hard work you SUPS hunters have put in looking for it. I hope someone does find it within my lifetime.

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick...you need to go back to school..you are not comprehending what has been written...there is a mountain the size of mount Everest of evidence proving the stone maps are bogus ...including eye witness's ...what you dont have is a single shred of proof that they are the real deal...except some gold painted 2x4's and brass nuggets...if you have tangible proof the doorstops are real and actually lead to something except heartache and misery and the poorhouse then by all means lets have it...you have been spouting off for years the doorstops are some kind of map and lead to something....time to put up or shut up.....my side has already presented massive evidence they are bogus..now it's your turn..prove to us they are real and lead to something.. ..i will tell you this and you can draw your own conclusions...my old buddy carrol ingle told me years ago the stone maps were phony and not to waste a second of time pursuing them....why would he know?...think about this...carrol and travis were both born about the same year...they were very close to the same age...they were both from texas..the same part of texas...carrol got here in 1948....in 1948 travis was very active in the supers....also carrol's name was found in travis's papers when they went through his storage shed...chew on that for a while:icon_scratch:

Now Dave,

You and your alumni got to search for the last Hundred and fifty years. I should be aloud 10 years just to siphon off the crap you all stuck in the truth.

But the truth of it is.
Travis never made them
Travis never figured them out
Travis did seek out other Treasure hunters to help him, even Herman.

So he had partners here and there and correspondence, So.

So I’ll take my ten years Dave.

babymick1

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Now Dave,

You and your alumni got to search for the last Hundred and fifty years. I should be aloud 10 years just to siphon off the crap you all stuck in the truth.

But the truth of it is.
Travis never made them
Travis never figured them out
Travis did seek out other Treasure hunters to help him, even Herman.

So he had partners here and there and correspondence, So.

So I’ll take my ten years Dave.

babymick1
and in 10 years all you have is gold painted 2x4's and brass nuggets...and nobody said carrol and travis were partners....i know at least 4 people that have actually been to texas and oklahoma ..they talked to family members....dug through all travis's papers and maps...they all came to the conclusion travis carved those doorstops....tell you what mick....you go to texas and oklahoma and look through travis's papers and maps...talk to every member of his existing family..then maybe someone will listen to you...

p.s. , home depot has rustoleum gold spray paint on sale:laughing7:

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
and in 10 years all you have is gold painted 2x4's and brass nuggets...and nobody said carrol and travis were partners....i know at least 4 people that have actually been to texas and oklahoma ..they talked to family members....dug through all travis's papers and maps...they all came to the conclusion travis carved those doorstops....tell you what mick....you go to texas and oklahoma and look through travis's papers and maps...talk to every member of his existing family..then maybe someone will listen to you...

p.s. , home depot has rustoleum gold spray paint on sale:laughing7:

They all came to the same conclusion Dave.
Well let’s see your bud Ryan the con man bilked the family out of money. So he’s out.
Frank says the maps are true only on paper. And the other two still make a good living trying to convince everyone their not real.
Bob, Ron, Museum and others have them on display

babymick1 kindda odd for being fake

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
They all came to the same conclusion Dave.
Well let’s see your bud Ryan the con man bilked the family out of money. So he’s out.
Frank says the maps are true only on paper. And the other two still make a good living trying to convince everyone their not real.
Bob, Ron, Museum and others have them on display

babymick1 kindda odd for being fake
mick...you have no idea who the other people are that were there and you shouldn't be speaking for them..and as for them making a good living trying to convince everyone the maps are fake...i'd sure like to know how they are doing that...sounds like a pretty good gig if it were possible:laughing7:...ron,bob and the museum have copies of the doorstops on display for one reason.....for silly people from south dakota to look at...now come on mick...stop stalling and put forth the proof the doorstops are real.....show us one person that has found treasure using them..and i don't mean gold painted 2x4's..

wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
mick...you have no idea who the other people are that were there and you shouldn't be speaking for them..and as for them making a good living trying to convince everyone the maps are fake...i'd sure like to know how they are doing that...sounds like a pretty good gig if it were possible:laughing7:...ron,bob and the museum have copies of the doorstops on display for one reason.....for silly people from south dakota to look at...now come on mick...stop stalling and put forth the proof the doorstops are real.....show us one person that has found treasure using them..and i don't mean gold painted 2x4's..

Well sure I do. Ryan Frank Davis and WAYNE.
and why are you singling out Cubfan for being from South Dakota

Babymick1

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well sure I do. Ryan Frank Davis and WAYNE.
and why are you singling out Cubfan for being from South Dakota

Babymick1

For what it's worth, I think I've only been to South Dakota twice in my life - hardly "from South Dakota," although I suspect that comment was some sort of attempt at humor.

As far as the Stone Maps are concerned, the only interest I ever had in them was who made them and why and that was only a minor passing interest. I never felt they were authentic "treasure maps" of any kind and never put in 1 second to try to "decipher" them - too many people are 110% certain they lead to an exact spot that only they know of in those mountains (heck, a number of people are 110% certain they lead to a treasure in other states for that matter :P), and yet every one of those people are in completely different places - THAT tells me A LOT about what they lead to which imho is absolutely nothing.

OP
OP
S

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all who provided information and answered my questions. I have learned a lot. I have read a lot of LDM books and in my opinion Barry Storm's is one of the worst.
Matthew Roberts, if you would write a book I would sure buy it. You have a wealth of information.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mick...you need to go back to school..you are not comprehending what has been written...there is a mountain the size of mount Everest of evidence proving the stone maps are bogus ...including eye witness's ...what you dont have is a single shred of proof that they are the real deal...except some gold painted 2x4's and brass nuggets...if you have tangible proof the doorstops are real and actually lead to something except heartache and misery and the poorhouse then by all means lets have it...you have been spouting off for years the doorstops are some kind of map and lead to something....time to put up or shut up.....my side has already presented massive evidence they are bogus..now it's your turn..prove to us they are real and lead to something.. ..i will tell you this and you can draw your own conclusions...my old buddy carrol ingle told me years ago the stone maps were phony and not to waste a second of time pursuing them....why would he know?...think about this...carrol and travis were both born about the same year...they were very close to the same age...they were both from texas..the same part of texas...carrol got here in 1948....in 1948 travis was very active in the supers....also carrol's name was found in travis's papers when they went through his storage shed...chew on that for a while:icon_scratch:

The stone maps displayed are not the originals. The maps are real. The H/p is what I have chased and led me to my cave. The entrance was opened or should I say widened by human, can't deny that. I will only post these pics one more time. Baby mick might be a dick, but to say ones beliefs are incorrect without real knowledge of the facts is foolish. FB_IMG_1588038699388.jpg FB_IMG_1588038478067.jpg FB_IMG_1588038507518.jpg FB_IMG_1588038708452.jpg FB_IMG_1588038728301.jpg

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barry Storm, John Clymenson, did not come to Arizona until January 5, 1937, six years after the Adolph Ruth death. He worked in Phoenix at odd jobs and as a reporter. Storm lived in South Phoenix when he met Barry Goldwater. The two went in the Superstitions together and in 1939 Storm published his first book, Trail of the Lost Dutchman with Goldwaters photos and financing. In April of 1942 Storm leased all of Abe Reid's mining claims in Gila County. . Two months later he filed claim on a copper deposit near Four Peaks. In 1943 he enlisted in the military during WWII. In 1945 he wrote his famous book, Thunder Gods Gold.

Goldwater was apparently the good friend of Forrest Fenn as well, AKA Lt Col Michael Aquino

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
The stone maps displayed are not the originals. The maps are real. The H/p is what I have chased and led me to my cave. The entrance was opened or should I say widened by human, can't deny that. I will only post these pics one more time. Baby mick might be a dick, but to say ones beliefs are incorrect without real knowledge of the facts is foolish. View attachment 1902097 View attachment 1902102 View attachment 1902103 View attachment 1902104 View attachment 1902105

"but to say ones beliefs are incorrect without real knowledge of the facts is foolish"...doc..i have lived here most of my life and have never seen or heard of anyone finding anything of value using those silly maps...and i know or have known most of the old time treasure hunters around here....i have talked to dozens of people that say the maps have led them to mines..treasure burial sites and caves....none of them ever found anything at any of these sites.....they all went broke trying to decipher those maps....do you know what the word statistic means?..according to google it means: [FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]a fact or piece of data from a study of a large quantity of numerical data.....in example...[/FONT]the facts show that the crime rate has increased...in other words i'm basing my info on statistics...or simply put..facts....now unless someone can prove that they have located (and recovered) anything of value or substance using these maps i will continue to denounce these doorstops as bogus..they are basically artwork or someones idea of a cruel joke...these are undeniable facts ..and to quote tony baretta.....that's the name of that tune

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"but to say ones beliefs are incorrect without real knowledge of the facts is foolish"...doc..i have lived here most of my life and have never seen or heard of anyone finding anything of value using those silly maps...and i know or have known most of the old time treasure hunters around here....i have talked to dozens of people that say the maps have led them to mines..treasure burial sites and caves....none of them ever found anything at any of these sites.....they all went broke trying to decipher those maps....do you know what the word statistic means?..according to google it means: [FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]a fact or piece of data from a study of a large quantity of numerical data.....in example...[/FONT]the facts show that the crime rate has increased...in other words i'm basing my info on statistics...or simply put..facts....now unless someone can prove that they have located (and recovered) anything of value or substance using these maps i will continue to denounce these doorstops as bogus..they are basically artwork or someones idea of a cruel joke...these are undeniable facts ..and to quote tony baretta.....that's the name of that tune

U have seen the pics of the mineralization at my location, even offered u the ore. So... Just saying u could of had proof in hand...Anyone can believe what they want, but have shown what I found and proven and still ridiculed as not real. Good thing is I don't have to have people believe. That's on them, not me. Btw I will be leaving a very expressive bottle of scotch for the next person that finds it to celebrate their success.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
U have seen the pics of the mineralization at my location, even offered u the ore. So... Just saying u could of had proof in hand...Anyone can believe what they want, but have shown what I found and proven and still ridiculed as not real. Good thing is I don't have to have people believe. That's on them, not me. Btw I will be leaving a very expressive bottle of scotch for the next person that finds it to celebrate their success.
i've offered anyone here that thinks they have found a rich mine using the stone maps a free xrf scan of their ore...nobody has ever taken me up on it...i even brought my xrf to the rendezvous one year.....the only one that brought ore for me to scan was woody..and it came from dewey az. ..but nobody else..also doc...mineralization proves nothing......gold does

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
For what it's worth, I think I've only been to South Dakota twice in my life - hardly "from South Dakota," although I suspect that comment was some sort of attempt at humor.

As far as the Stone Maps are concerned, the only interest I ever had in them was who made them and why and that was only a minor passing interest. I never felt they were authentic "treasure maps" of any kind and never put in 1 second to try to "decipher" them - too many people are 110% certain they lead to an exact spot that only they know of in those mountains (heck, a number of people are 110% certain they lead to a treasure in other states for that matter :P), and yet every one of those people are in completely different places - THAT tells me A LOT about what they lead to which imho is absolutely nothing.

Mick's still mad that we figured out all those gemstones he posted were just left-overs after making his Elvis impersonator jumpsuit with his "BeDazzler Pro"...

Bedazzler.JPG

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The original is below of when he found them, the Moel pics.. The one above is what the museum shows. U can see the differences... The ear in particular gives it away... The second is the lines of the mane. I put them as close as possible to show them. I've done my research... Now what else is there?? Like I said believe what u want..
Screenshot_20200520-194623.png

Last edited:

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i've offered anyone here that thinks they have found a rich mine using the stone maps a free xrf scan of their ore...nobody has ever taken me up on it...i even brought my xrf to the rendezvous one year.....the only one that brought ore for me to scan was woody..and it came from dewey az. ..but nobody else..also doc...mineralization proves nothing......gold does

Az Dave your back-stepping. Or got short term memory loss... I'll refresh your memory.. I wasnt the one lying when I said u could of had proof in hand... Screenshot_20210214-221856.png

Maybe u will remember my ore pics... Not a question if there is gold... How much is the question.. Still haven't gotten them analyzed. Will tho before I go back down, but really no reason as my guide has been back up there as I had stated on his own.

Screenshot_20201013-212854.png Screenshot_20210214-224007.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread