wrmickel1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2011
Jamestown ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500
Primary Interest:
Other
Please don't embarrass yourself by going down the path of "I was posting fake data to test certain people, etc..." route... that's the last gasp effort people who get caught in fibs usually take.

No, I always come out on top.

babymick1

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan tried to pull the same scam.
Remember the E-Bay locket cross ?
Claimed it was treasure that Travis had found.
Hangs out with a "different" crowd now......
Kiwifarms.net /@RXG

Last edited:

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a firm grip on reality until I came on Treasure net, now I'm not real sure.

PotBelly Jim

Dec 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
WHY???

No matter how outlandish a story, there will always be some who believe it. That’s why people have flocked to the Supes from all over the country since Oren Arnold started publishing local treasure tales in national newspapers. The tales just grew louder as more people flocked in and wrote books, mostly untrue.

Many have died. Nobody, that I know of, has made their fortune there. Most just have fun following up their theories and spending time in the mountains, alone or with friends. Great memories are made there, and some really cool things can be found and seen.

There have been, though, many deaths and suicides because people believe they can find the answers to their financial problems out there. Financial problems are the second worst kind, after health, and people can believe strange things when they’re desperate.

So posting fake gold bars, fake jewels, fake nuggets the size of baseballs, placer gold that supposedly came out of crushed ore, and attributing these to photographs of empty tunnels, or found at the end of some map trail, is a very mean thing to do. Most people will see this for what it is, but as history proves, there will be some that WILL be harmed.

Then there will be those who spend thousands on plane tickets, rentals, hotels, etc. trying to find something like a huge quartz pegmatite because they believe there must be some valuable minerals there. Or whatever they’ve been led to believe by some false claim. This form of deception is costly in dollars, and costly in the form of lost time and research. Caveat emptor.

If we let such outlandish claims such as we’ve seen here go unanswered, it won’t be long until this forum is filled with a bunch of guys trying to “out-lie” each other with tales of their prospecting/treasure-hunting prowess…it will also become a place for desperate people to look for answers to their problems.

It’s OK and normal not to share your theories, clues, and places you’re investigating…those are yours and yours alone. If someone asks and you don't want to answer, just don't. But there is a line that shouldn’t be crossed. Don’t mislead, don’t post pictures of fake riches, don’t make up a place in the mountains and post fake pics about it. Don’t post fake coordinates. It just wastes everybody’s time, money, or worse.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
No matter how outlandish a story, there will always be some who believe it. That’s why people have flocked to the Supes from all over the country since Oren Arnold started publishing local treasure tales in national newspapers. The tales just grew louder as more people flocked in and wrote books, mostly untrue.

Many have died. Nobody, that I know of, has made their fortune there. Most just have fun following up their theories and spending time in the mountains, alone or with friends. Great memories are made there, and some really cool things can be found and seen.

There have been, though, many deaths and suicides because people believe they can find the answers to their financial problems out there. Financial problems are the second worst kind, after health, and people can believe strange things when they’re desperate.

So posting fake gold bars, fake jewels, fake nuggets the size of baseballs, placer gold that supposedly came out of crushed ore, and attributing these to photographs of empty tunnels, or found at the end of some map trail, is a very mean thing to do. Most people will see this for what it is, but as history proves, there will be some that WILL be harmed.

Then there will be those who spend thousands on plane tickets, rentals, hotels, etc. trying to find something like a huge quartz pegmatite because they believe there must be some valuable minerals there. Or whatever they’ve been led to believe by some false claim. This form of deception is costly in dollars, and costly in the form of lost time and research. Caveat emptor.

If we let such outlandish claims such as we’ve seen here go unanswered, it won’t be long until this forum is filled with a bunch of guys trying to “out-lie” each other with tales of their prospecting/treasure-hunting prowess…it will also become a place for desperate people to look for answers to their problems.

It’s OK and normal not to share your theories, clues, and places you’re investigating…those are yours and yours alone. If someone asks and you don't want to answer, just don't. But there is a line that shouldn’t be crossed. Don’t mislead, don’t post pictures of fake riches, don’t make up a place in the mountains and post fake pics about it. Don’t post fake coordinates. It just wastes everybody’s time, money, or worse.
excellent post jim..apache junction is filling up with homeless people that have mortgaged their homes to finance their treasure hunts....then lost everything only to find theirselves living on the streets or out in the desert..makes me sad to see it.....matter of fact apache junction has had to put in a mental health facility to try and take care of these people

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent post jim..apache junction is filling up with homeless people that have mortgaged their homes to finance their treasure hunts....then lost everything only to find theirselves living on the streets or out in the desert..makes me sad to see it.....matter of fact apache junction has had to put in a mental health facility to try and take care of these people

LD Memorial.jpg

Time to tear it down, Dave ?
Burn a few books maybe ?
Honestly, I believe what you are seeing has far more to do with the growing permissiveness of drug use, as well as the decline of morality and personal responsibility in today's society. Far more than anything people will ever read on TNet or hear at events like the Rendezvous..

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously?..Purple-talking-holy-stone - people Oh Boy !!!! ........... Purple People? I have no doubt you'll run into those types here but as always you find your self trying to determine what to believe, and what to disregard. Reading between the lines is not the easiest here on the Treasurenet post, but I don't expect 100% accuracy from folks who rightfully have something to hide/guard.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
View attachment 1904654

Time to tear it down, Dave ?
Burn a few books maybe ?
Honestly, I believe what you are seeing has far more to do with the growing permissiveness of drug use, as well as the decline of morality and personal responsibility in today's society. Far more than anything people will ever read on TNet or hear at events like the Rendezvous..
yes..you are correct but we never saw it here until the reality shows started coming out and the ldm got popular on the forums....Phoenix and mesa are totally ruined ...and you hit the nail on the head as for the reason for those cities...and alot of the homeless that were in phoenix and mesa are heading east to apache junction now that we have a mental health facility (thats where they get their drugs and monthly checks from)....take a ride out to hackamore road off highway 88 and talk to some of the people living out there....most of them aren't druggies...they came out here to find the ldm because they thought it would be easy ...they soon found out there is a reason the ldm is still lost....as far as phoenix and mesa...i only go there if i have to...

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Seriously?..Purple-talking-holy-stone - people Oh Boy !!!! ........... Purple People? I have no doubt you'll run into those types here but as always you find your self trying to determine what to believe, and what to disregard. Reading between the lines is not the easiest here on the Treasurenet post, but I don't expect 100% accuracy from folks who rightfully have something to hide/guard.
actually we never had any purple people..lol...some nut found a few pieces of amethyst buried at burns ranch off peralta road and proclaimed they were holy stones that held the key to the universe

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh yea...it has definitely been worse...they dont call it the loony bin for nothing:laughing7:

It could be worse Dave...And more than a few might end up in the loony bin trying to figure out where in the world my little playgrounds are...I will be 100% honest in saying that they are somewhere between Mazatlan Mexico and Grants Pass Oregon...lol...Go figure...Maybe one day some lucky prospector will figure it out...

Heck...Who knows???I have been certified loco by more than one shrink...lol

Ed T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread