Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
go team BURLAP:laughing7:

I just noticed that! :laughing7:

I'm thinking we need a hat or a BURLAP T Shirt to make the club official.

I think the BURLAP club motto will have to wait until after morning coffee.

Heavy Pans

p.s Are those yard decorations or are you into one of those "fun" California religions?

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa take it easy cowboy. My comment wasnt directed at anyone in particular. There is no attitude, it's easy to assume non existent attitude while reading the text of a person you don't know. I'm just stating how I feel on the subject in general. I love the mylandmatters website and the work that has been done for others to benefit.

If you guys wanna go off in some bickering match have fun without me. I'm not going to get in a back and forth with you. I'm not gonna play your game.You can have your opinion I can have mine. If anyone doesn't like it too bad.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whoa take it easy cowboy. My comment wasnt directed at anyone in particular. There is no attitude, it's easy to assume non existent attitude while reading the text of a person you don't know. I'm just staing how I feel on the subject in general. I love the mylandmatters website and the work that has been done for others to benefit.

If you guys wanna go off in some bickering match have fun. I'm not going to get in a back and forth with you. You can have your opinion I can have mine. If anyone doesn't like it too bad.

Hey I ain't no cowboy! I grew up riding a horse in the wide open desert and I've done a lot of ranch work but I'm not into cows at all and I'm waaay too old to be mistaken for a boy. :laughing7:

The internet is really good for sharing factual information but it sucks at conveying unformed thoughts and emotions.

No harm - no foul. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if my post left lots of room for imagination. I could have worded it alot better but I'm lazy :)
I know your a valued member of the forum and I know what your saying is fact or as close to it as we can currently get for land status. I don't disagree with anything your saying, i just think it's sad that one can't go on and adventure in the wilderness without worries about land status when there's no fence no signs.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry if my post left lots of room for imagination. I could have worded it alot better but I'm lazy :)
I know your a valued member of the forum and I know what your saying is fact or as close to it as we can currently get for land status. I don't disagree with anything your saying, i just think it's sad that one can't go on and adventure in the wilderness without worries about land status when there's no fence no signs.

I like the no fence no signs thing, wide open spaces and all that. Just my style. Different strokes for different folks.

Don't worry about the wilderness. Despite the gov making lines around things and calling them "Wilderness" there is still a lot of places folks rarely visit that aren't restricted. That's why I like the no fence no signs thing. :thumbsup:

There is a lot of freedom in understanding land status before you put boots on the ground. When you know how and where you can roam you can avoid stepping on other folks toes. It's pretty roomy out there if you look around. Even California has quite a few open places left that aren't named "not yours". Some of them even have some pretty good gold.

Heavy Pans

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed that! :laughing7:

I'm thinking we need a hat or a BURLAP T Shirt to make the club official.

I think the BURLAP club motto will have to wait until after morning coffee.

Heavy Pans

p.s Are those yard decorations or are you into one of those "fun" California religions?

yea, I meant it when I said I was putting skulls on pikes and building a graveyard.....that's my front yard we were decorating.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry to come across like that. there are people who think that all boundaries are b.s. and shouldn't exist. Guys that feel like "I'm the only one who comes out here so I'm gonna do what I want". I agree with Barry there is so much open land that I don't ever feel held back. I do get bummed sometimes when an area has some cool potential then I find its someone elses or in an area that is withdrawn but, I deal with it. Fences on the other hand yuck....if everybody who could put up a fence did it would be even worse. There are numerous places that land owners let people pass through. If they find a bunch of people disrespecting their land they won't be so generous. It would be quite expensive for many of these people to put up a fence in the first place and people would get offended and cut it anyway...That goes back to the integrity of the person who doesn't own the land and is on it or going to cross it....Why does it have to fall on the owner...all they did was become successful enough to become the owner.. What right does anyone have to disrespect that? fences won't change the attitude of someone who doesn't care when no one is looking.
I realize you are speaking mainly of lands that are managed by agencies and again as Barry has mention that really is a very little obstacle 'Land manager" typically means there is some sort of approachable out come vs. the screw the government approach. And every bad deed committed that gets discovered slings mud in the eye of other users. eventually they might start putting up fence.
This thread is essentially about knowing where you go before you do. It is our duty. You chimed in with a comment that was basically saying its difficult to sort through this stuff so screw that...its other peoples fault I have to deal with this. the majority of these boundaries and lands help by the state etc. were created more than 130 years ago. Who are we to come along and change things...its not the same as "loosing rights" when you are infringing on the rights of others.. I'm not going to work out a way to do that.
You are right it is hard to decipher attitude on an online forum. I am sorry you think we want a back and forth. I am most certainly not trying to play a game with anyone. you came in told someone to stay in the city...and it had been Barry and I discussing this stuff.. for the benefit of others really.Info that helps people has come up because of it. That's what happens when you can have a conversation and not go back and forth or play games.... Barry and I weren't doing either you should worry that your comments would be treated as such...I am directing what I said at everyone who reads this just like you... I prefer facts and information over opinion...opinions can get you in trouble.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Start here attachment-9.jpeg

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Go to here and collect your gold! attachment-10.jpeg

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the discussion guys. Although this is not in my area it has been very informative. All of you deserve a big Thank You for the work you do.

Rail Dawg

Oct 11, 2015
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MineLab GPZ 7000
Garrett ATX Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Who owns the land under the river? Do private landowners own the land under the river or is there a "high-water" mark where private ownership ends and state ownership begins?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread