Back in the saddle again

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got lucky in a few way's today. I was supposed to have a dentist appointment yesterday so i got off work at noon. Ends up the dentist called my wife and changed the appointment date. So i got a few hour of detecting in and scored my first gold in awile.

I headed into an upper fork of the same stream i was hunting in the snowy pics i posted. Shortly after i arrived i noticed an area that had scoured from the recent Super Cell down pours. The scour was small but it exposed a little bedrock just along the edge of an old tailing pile. The tailings split the stream into a very uniform braid. I had found pieces down stream under the edge of the old tailings therefor i dove in and tossed some boulders and moved some dirt to expose an area a few meters long by a half meter wide. With my first pass of the coil i heard a faint warble nearly like old lead but a bit different. Hmm i thought with a smile. In many locations i'd have thought lead but i had never found any lead in this stream and very little in the entire area for that matter. After afew swings of the coil and waves of the hand i was smilen big at a little rough nug. Sweet! Into my poke and back at it. I focused on a spot just above this piece that showed a big boulder resting on the bed rock and as i passed it seem a mellow sweet signal. Awesome its under the boulder and very unlikely anything but gold. Needless to say i tore that boulder out and their underneath about 3 inches lay a beautiful dwt piece. Made my day and broke my little dry spell. Super stoked i continued on but only came up with a few nail tips and a piece of very thin wire. All of these were a little above were i found the gold. After i pulled the big piece i burrowed into the bank more but had no more signals. I'll let her rest until i want to return and dig. This weekend i'll be out to find the new patch I've been determined to find. The place i'm going is a 3 mile each way march so i'll be gettn in early and out late to spend as much time as possible swinging my good old SDC.

The little rough piece was .1 dwt and the big one as i said above 1 dwt exactly.

Good Luck
AjR

mulecrkgld52815.jpg

Upvote 0

californiagold

Aug 7, 2014
California goldfields
Detector(s) used
Makro Gold Racer, Nokta Fors gold plus, Makro racer2, Nokta fors gold, minelab gpx5000, fisher gold bug pro and many many others
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good job scott valley man!. You sure u didnt play hookie from dentist appt. Lol. Glad to see your back at It. Hope u find more next time.
Take care

OP
OP
Featherdfishead

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nope didnt hooky it. I doubt if Karma would have allowed me to find any gold if i had.
Thanks for the Good wishes. I have high hopes for the place i'm hiken into tomorrow. Up at 4:30 and gone by 5.

AjR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions