Novice To Gold Coin (The Book)

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Novice To Gold Coin
Successful Treasure Hunting With Inexpensive Metal Detectors
Long ago I found a rare gold coin with my Bounty Hunter metal detector. I found many old coins and posted them here on Tnet. Jeff also said I gladly helped out many folks new to the hobby back then as well. Jeff knew I was working on a book that would have a nice mention of Tnet (covered in the section dealing with internet sites, which is a resource for those new to the hobby seeking assistance in learning about the hobby). Yesterday the first copy came back from the printers and here it is.
Novice to Gold Coin
Successful Treasure Hunting With Inexpensive Metal Detectors!
This book is about treasure hunting with Bounty Hunter metal detectors and finding the type of stuff that caused you to have purchased a metal detector in the first place. Many times folks come to believe that their machine isn’t good enough and they should have spent more money to begin with, this just isn’t so. I started with one that cost $160 and found many older coins from before 1900, eventually I dug a gold coin as well. This book covers the types of sites where I had my success and the types of signals I learned to dig. I decided it was time to share what I learned, hopefully your success will improve as well!
Book Cost​
Well it is time to set a price for Novice To Gold Coin, Cost will be $18.95 plus $4.90 shipping and handling, it will be mailed off priority U.S. mail. Send a pm if interested or if you have any questions.

Attachments

• Novice front.jpg
    Novice front.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 474
  • Novice back.jpg
    Novice back.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 468
Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice!
This should answer a lot of the new comers questions.
Should be a must have.
That coin is amazing and finding it with lower funded machine makes it that more impressive.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
4-H said:
Very nice!
This should answer a lot of the new comers questions.
Should be a must have.
That coin is amazing and finding it with lower funded machine makes it that more impressive.
Well thanks for your comments , Jeff remembers I am sure the finds I use to post here back in the past. I did not add anything about cost or ordering info, due to I am not sure of the rules of the site. It was hard to not release anything about this up coming book, other than a special project was in the making.

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Congrats on being a published author. I just wanted to chime in that I nicknamed my daughter "Pete" over 15 years ago and it has stuck with her so far. So I guess the Moral of the story is girls named Pete are awesome people:) Grats again and let us know how we can get your book.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I will get your book when it comes out . I have been saying for years just because you pay a big buck for a detector does not make it better than one in a lower price range. And in all the years i have been in this i have seen $200.00 detectors find as much as a $1500.00 detectors.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
In this book I covered a bit about going to organized club hunts with my Bounty Hunter and getting laughed at. Two years later I returned to that hunt with the gold coin. Many times I've seen those posts about folks not finding older coins with their inexpensive machines and many saying to up grade. The book covers much of what one needs to learn regarding site selection and types of signals to dig. It is loaded with photos of dug finds and what they sold for, from that folks can also learn what some of their stuff is worth as well.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Not sure it that information is allowed to be listed here at this site, being Easter weekend none of those in charge have most likely reviewed this thread. If they let me know it's allowed then I'll post information on how to get it.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Well, I sent Jeff a pm to see if I can sell them to those interested, later I guess I'll get an answer.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
I recieved Jeff's reply, he says you have to pm me about wanting to get a copy. I can not pm folks seeking to make sales. I can reply to pm messages I recieve from folks interested.
I still have to set a price on this book, I will talk this over with my wife. I will update this later, take care.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
I added a price to the first post about this book for those interested. Since March of last year I have been working away on some books, so far in one year I have put out eight titles.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Montana Fireball said:
I added a price to the first post about this book for those interested. Since March of last year I have been working away on some books, so far in one year I have put out eight titles.
Later I'll post some of them so you can see what my metal detecting hobby has branched out into.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I have a BH QD II, once you mention you own a BH you have to wade thru all the naysayers telling you that its junk before you get to the good advice. Even here on t-net you get it, fortunatley, they're outwieghed by those who dont care what MD you have and are willing to share their knowledge. Almost every thing I've read (article or book) before I saw this book is about is usually referring to a Garrets, Whites or Fisher MD and they don't even mention a BH machine. Please look for my PM inquiring about the details so I can get a copy.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Mighty AP said:
So when are they available, can we get them directly from you & how much? ???
They can be ordered directly thru me. No where else has them for sale, currently working on a web site for the books I have written.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Tony66 said:
I have a BH QD II, once you mention you own a BH you have to wade thru all the naysayers telling you that its junk before you get to the good advice. Even here on t-net you get it, fortunatley, they're outwieghed by those who dont care what MD you have and are willing to share their knowledge. Almost every thing I've read (article or book) before I saw this book is about is usually referring to a Garrets, Whites or Fisher MD and they don't even mention a BH machine. Please look for my PM inquiring about the details so I can get a copy.
Yes, I seen your private message and sent a reply. This book is all Bounty Hunter finds and is the first book covering that brand that I know of, thats one of the reasons I wrote it.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
Here the first book I did up:
Texas Ghost Towns Volume 1

I wanted to take the time to post some pictures of the Texas Ghost Towns Volume 1 book. While we did the book with the intention of producing it in color, costs were much too high when it came to printing and so it is only available in black and white. I also wanted to provide a sample of what one can expect to see if they order it. With 70 sites in a 5 county area that would quailfy as a ghost town, I selected a little known location called Exit which is near the state line next to New Mexico. Over 160 plus pages of information.
Any questions feel free to ask...

Attachments

• Texas%20Cover.jpg
    Texas%20Cover.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Texas%20back%20cover.jpg
    Texas%20back%20cover.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Exit%20page%201.jpg
    Exit%20page%201.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Exit%20page%202.jpg
    Exit%20page%202.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 304

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the book, Free.

I always wanted to do a book too but had to settle for oil painting under another name.

It's good to see you post again with that old avatar. I mean that sincerely. It's kind of like a little window back to the old days here in TN. I sure do miss those times.

Let us all know how to get signed copies.

Badger

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
We are building the web site today, signed copies, thats nice of you to ask about. One fellow ordered my Montana book and requested that.

OP
OP
Montana Fireball

Montana Fireball

Apr 8, 2008
We hit publish for the site and were told it is 24 to 48 hours before it is up. When it is I'll post a link to it and folks can check it out and see what they think of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread