is there any here MD in the philippines are we allowed?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Are md'rs from the Philippines allowed here? Of course you are welcome to post here. Why wouldn't you be? But be aware, the cost for anyone from the Philippines is $100 each. Just paypal to my account :laughing7:

Seriously now, welcome aboard. There's probably some other hobbyists from your country here.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet friend. Everyone is welcome here. :hello:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
k0y18 said:
as titled thanks

Not sure but I think he is asking if anyone else on this forum metal detects in the Philipines and if you are allowed to metal detect there....

I think.....

could be wrong....

OP
OP
K

k0y18

Greenie
Aug 17, 2011
yes youre right mr. TORRERO, im asking if anyone from the Philippines here using MD, and are we allowed?thanks mr sandman..

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
There is a subsection of T'net forum specifically for the Phillipines, but it doesn't get much traffic/posts. But a quick look down the page at various topics there, and I see your question has come up before. And at least one answer was, that you can detect (the beaches anyhow), with no problem. You might scroll down that list some more, and perhaps the question has come up in different ways in more threads on there.

But of course in the Phillipines, there is a lot of "treasure lore", so a lot of people who talk about wanting to detect the Phillipines, are after giant treaures (which they're convinced lie in every cave ::) ) So when the question of legality of detecting in the Phillipines comes up, it may get colored in some sort of broad brush of national treasures, exporting of gold bars, and other such things. So if you just meant casual coin-hunting, well ....... those same shipwreck salvor type laws, and trying to "secret gold bars out of the country" type things, might not apply to casual beach-goer resort type question. Because it appears from the philipines forum, that there are hobbyist there doing the beaches at least.

bearcat7

Aug 21, 2011
:) hi to all im also from the philippines and new to this forum to answer coy18 question yes it is ok to metal detect here in the philippines but you got to ask for permission from the property owner. sad to say that metal detecting is still in its infancy stage here in the philippines and almost all the time as far as my personal experience is if they see you metal detecting the thing that goes to their head is you are looking for cache or japanese treasure lol!

RETROJETS

Jul 28, 2012
LUZON
Detector(s) used
2-FISHER 1225-X, 1-FISHER 1260-X, 1-FISHER 1266-X, 1- DISCOVERY TREASURE FINDER 900 AUTO,1- FISHER GEMINI-3,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did a lot of detecting up in some foothills above port of San Fernando in 1999-2001 and found lots of neat stuff-- Nambu machine gun strips and Arisaka rifle rounds on 5 round stripper clips along with "used" Japanese hand grenades-- top only blew off so they can be used as pencil holders on a desk....returned here in 2009 and the area is so overgrown with vegetation I hardly could find it...to search I gave the local farmers some surplus folding German Army shovels to let me search.. we both were happy.. no problems as long as you compensate the locals with something useful

jacksingh

Aug 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am just a beginner and I want to find anything related to World War 2. If anyone from you can help me get the right location to do relic hunting. Thank you

Coconutman

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2014
Mindanao
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Jack, I'm a new guy also. Am located in Agusan del Norte, Mindanao. Looking to beach hunt after arrival of new machine from states. PM me if you want.
Berto

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Persus , you had me laughing my b*tt off. Thanx for the post. :)

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you are looking for a Japanese looted treasure in the Philippines, you will most likely fail 99 times over a hundred tries.

metal detecting is allowed in PH.it needs no license to detect. But be prepared if some multitude of crowd will watch over you while you detect. metal detectors are so unusual here in the PHilippines. In fact, in the minds of the common folks, if you have a metal detector, you will surely get it. But they don't know the truth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread