Whats the strangest thing you have found Metal Detecting?

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dug this in a couple feet of water the day, it was mainly buried but the post was partially visible. The beach is about 600 feet from the road at this point, so not sure how it arrived in the water.
sign2.jpg

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago was hunting the Battle of Milton TN. Dug a large piece of lead sabot and noticed a tooth. It was confirmed to be a human jaw tooth. John Hunt Morgan (CSA) took huge losses of his troops in that little field. Gave it to the dentist who confirmed the tooth was human. He was thrilled and I was chilled. Now ya know why I am not a poet. :laughing7:

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relic hunting in the middle of a plowed field and dug a freakin pull tab!!!!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a small island in a Florida park, on the beach...a freaking car bumper. I was almost a yard down...I could just touch it with my arm all the way in the hole and my fingers outstretched.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well to answer that there was a quarter inside them so they shown as a coin on the ace 150,but even plucking coin out of the ground i do some how run into a rain coat from time to time
I'm scared to ask how those registered..............lmao

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday at the beach, I got a good signal in the dry sand and dug down about 16" or so and found a quart (maybe liter?) size beer bottle. I'm thinking, what the heck set that thing off? I dig the hole out a little more and put my coil down inside, and nothing. I swing it over the bottle again and get a good signal. What the.....I look inside the bottle and it's empty. I then realized it was the label on the bottle making my detector sing! I didn't realize that beer companies were making metalic labels.

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
cudamark said:
Yesterday at the beach, I got a good signal in the dry sand and dug down about 16" or so and found a quart (maybe liter?) size beer bottle. I'm thinking, what the heck set that thing off? I dig the hole out a little more and put my coil down inside, and nothing. I swing it over the bottle again and get a good signal. What the.....I look inside the bottle and it's empty. I then realized it was the label on the bottle making my detector sing! I didn't realize that beer companies were making metalic labels.
I had the same thing happen to me except it was metallic paint on what I believe to be an old miller high life bottle shards.

Sent from my Android using TreasureNet

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I once found a boat anchor about a 1' down. It had a rope on it. I followed the roap about 2' further down and would you believe? It was tied to the bow of a rowboat. I kept the anchor.

After a bad storm, the beach was cut about 8'. I started detecting the vertical sand wall that was left hoping for a really old find. I got a signal about 6' down the wall. I brushed away the sand and looked in. The hole looked back at me. Yes there was an eyeball looking back at me! It turned out to be the lens of an old German Leica camera that had "silvered over with age and exposure to salt. There was also the remains of a radio of some type with old style Wax capacitors. Not much left from either. I surmise they were left by spies during WWII on the Delaware shore.

Attachments

• coins_0012 1euro eagle_edited-1.jpg
    coins_0012 1euro eagle_edited-1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
while searching homestead site, I found an oval picture frame complete with leaded glass just lying on top of the ground. the home was just a pile of debris, & cattle had been run on the property for who knows how long. to find it, glass intact, seemed nothin short of a miracle to me.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, after reading all these strange finds I feel kinda sad. I've found anything stranger than a metal pot pipe. Great posts everyone!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a diabetic needle @ a tot lot as my strangest find,for my coolest find is my Gold ring:hello:,,HH

rovnrbl53

Sep 29, 2011
Hibernating toad and a hibernating lizard - two different locations. Best - Continental Army USA button.

rgalan2003

Jun 14, 2005
pachuca mexico
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
deus xp v2.0,cscope 1220xd,yukon compass 77b(automatic and no automatic)nautilus IIB,teknetics mark I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strangest thing I detected was a large glass bottle whit steel cap and inside ash,visicous liquid,and a hard black wax male figure whit a large steel needle.I was detecting in Acapulco´s beach

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, this comes up every so often here so i'll post it again. The strangest thing I found while detecting was a goats head. I didn't actually dig it but it was lying there on the public beach in Ft.Lauderdale. Here's the story- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...u-gotta-see-warning-pic-may-graphic-some.html

and here's the pic-
goat head lauderdale.jpg

Strangest thing I ever dug was a gold crown with a partial tooth still in it. No pic sorry.

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
My wife and I went camping 2 weekends ago and of course I brought my detector. My wife usually runs the detector and I dig. She is 37 weeks pregnant and wasnt quite up to the task so I ran solo. I didn't find much but my wife seemed to find something every time she left or returned to our campsite. I'm pulling melted pop can blobs and rotted zincolns out of the rock hard dry ground in the heat, at a pathetic rate and she comes back from the bathroom with stories of some knife throwing, barking, butt naked hippy chicks building a cabin out of salvaged wood two campsites up from us. Of course I have to hide my curiosity and go back to it, the next time she leaves and comes back she walks toward the tent and stops 5 feet from a massive hole I have labored over for 15 minutes which likely contains another pop can sitting perfectly on end buried 16 inches down ( found two of them and a Vienna sausage can.) and says " oh, when did you find this?" and picks up a pocket knife. Great, she just casually found something better than 1.5 days of my finds combined. 45 minutes later she leaves and comes back again, walks over to another fruitless hole I have dug and once again says " oh, what's this" reaches in the bushes and pulls out a brand new rod, reel and lure someone had stashed there. My finds amounted to $1.73 in clad and one gold plated earring. My wife found 2 naked, knife throwing hippy chicks, a Gerber pocket knife and a brand new rod, reel and lure.

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I went camping 2 weekends ago and of course I brought my detector. My wife usually runs the detector and I dig. She is 37 weeks pregnant and wasnt quite up to the task so I ran solo. I didn't find much but my wife seemed to find something every time she left or returned to our campsite. I'm pulling melted pop can blobs and rotted zincolns out of the rock hard dry ground in the heat, at a pathetic rate and she comes back from the bathroom with stories of some knife throwing, barking, butt naked hippy chicks building a cabin out of salvaged wood two campsites up from us. Of course I have to hide my curiosity and go back to it, the next time she leaves and comes back she walks toward the tent and stops 5 feet from a massive hole I have labored over for 15 minutes which likely contains another pop can sitting perfectly on end buried 16 inches down ( found two of them and a Vienna sausage can.) and says " oh, when did you find this?" and picks up a pocket knife. Great, she just casually found something better than 1.5 days of my finds combined. 45 minutes later she leaves and comes back again, walks over to another fruitless hole I have dug and once again says " oh, what's this" reaches in the bushes and pulls out a brand new rod, reel and lure someone had stashed there. My finds amounted to $1.73 in clad and one gold plated earring. My wife found 2 naked, knife throwing hippy chicks, a Gerber pocket knife and a brand new rod, reel and lure.

PRICELESS!!!:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions