New metal detector under $1500

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all id like to buy metal detector under $1500

mainly for coins relic jewelry im in australia so gorund is fair minralised i have the ace 350 but would like better iron discrimination. water proof is not a must... but dont mind if just the coil can be put under thats it... i was looking at AT pro seems like a good detector.. i looked at extera 705 and fisher f75 also e-trac im just not really sure which one is best.... would love to hear everyones opinion. thanks heaps...

Upvote 0

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I hear, the etrac gets some awesome depth on coins.

I Dig Jesus

Feb 10, 2013
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster DB / Classic ID / M6 Matrix / & now The Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With your currency exchange rate, you should be able to get yourself a Spectra V3i by whites. If your seriously going to spend that kind of money, might as buy easily one of the best machines on the market. Remember, once you buy, your pretty much stuck mate. If you go to the kellyco website, it will allow you to do a side by side comparison of detectors. This should help. Good Luck

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet! I would choose between the E-trac and the V3i...........in fact, I did!

hopefulgold

Feb 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying out the new Nokta Golden Sense it is a deep detector for around $1,079 from Kellyco. Check it out on there web site & see what you think.

OP
OP
P

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ill check those 2 out watch few reviews etc :P

forgot to mention kellyco charges heaps on shipping like $100-$120

Last edited:

The Punisher

Feb 6, 2013
Elkin NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Garrett CXiii
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a Fisher F75 LTD is a sweet detector, goes deep and with a Sun Ray probe is a heck of a pair check them out, you wont be disappointed!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying out the new Nokta Golden Sense it is a deep detector for around $1,079 from Kellyco. Check it out on there web site & see what you think.
We'll let you be the guinea pig on the off brands. :laughing7: Let us know how it works out compared to a known detector.

OP
OP
P

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leaning towards etrac mainly for ease of use guess what about XP DEUS?? i seen few videos on youtube of one of the guys getting some good finds with it. anyone have expirience in using this and how would it compare to the etrac? or at pro? would it be in between? or just as good as E trac

OP
OP
P

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would like more opinions please

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FREE domestic shipping on Metal Detectors

Hi Poida84,

I assume you live outside the USA, if you let me know where you live I can provide some options for you. Kellyco provides free shipping on Metal Detectors in the USA, and depending on your country, and what you order, and how quickly you want it shipped. But usually we are very competitive on overseas shipping rates.
Try not to order oversize scoops as these can be very expensive to ship internationally.

Let me know if I can help.
Cheerz

Metal Detector Super Store - Kellyco Metal Detectors

Kellyco Joe

Jul 30, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
E-Trac
Tesoro Tejon
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FREE domestic shipping on Metal Detectors

Hi Poida84,

I assume you live outside the USA, if you let me know where you live I can provide some options for you. Kellyco provides free shipping on Metal Detectors in the USA, and depending on your country, and what you order, and how quickly you want it shipped. But usually we are very competitive on overseas shipping rates.
Try not to order oversize scoops as these can be very expensive to ship internationally.

Let me know if I can help.
Cheerz

Metal Detector Super Store - Kellyco Metal Detectors

OP
OP
P

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FedEx International Economy – $237.32
FedEx International Priority – $249.76

australia east coast.

id be more then happy to just order the detector it self with out all the freebies you guys put in the 2 options... if it means only 40-50 on shipping :P as it still be cheaper then buying locally but not with those shipping prices...

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own the F75 and it does very well. The only other machine I would buy right now would be a minelab. The F75 is noisy, and tuning it can be a fine hair. But it will kick butt as I do well with it anywhere I go. My next purchase will be a minelab once I can afford it. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

poida84

Greenie
Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeh my 3 main decisions atm is F75 LTD E-trac and XP dues...

from what i read F75LTD can match E-trac in most areas but when it comes to trashy areas E-Trac seems to do a lot better job when setup right.
thats if i dont take the depth into consideration F75 seems to do better with gold ear rings and smaller rings. but E trac a lot better on silver...

from my area bieng crap load of minerals and trashy areas of iron.. prob do E-trac like everyone says. thats where XP dues comes in im completely in the dark on that.. some say its way better but others say if you learn the E trac inside out thats another story LOL so im not sure out of those two i prob would fork out more if you guys tell me to get XP or id stay with E trac if you guys tell me that hahaha decisions decisions.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't Minelab an Aussie company? You should be able to find those locally. It would be a no brainer for me.

MikeO

Feb 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely purchase a Minelab product.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget the Garrett's for where your going to hunt. You'd be better served by the Etrac or the White's V3i with the Etrac as my first choice.

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a minelab and I love it. I have a se pro but it is still going to take forever to learn inside and out lol Cant imagine how long it would take but you will probably never grow out of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread