Another newbie question

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Fisher 1236-X2 is one of the best detectors out there that will perform with ease. Unfortunately, Fisher is not the company it once was as they are owned by the same company that owns Bounty Hunter. I don't have confidence in them honoring the service contracts. Many have went with the Garrett Ace 250 and are raving about it.

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
One of my hunting buddy's has a 1236 and he likes it a lot. But he won't use my Garrett with the digital readout ,he is afraid he would be wanting to trade up. ;D
I also use a Fisher CZ70 but when it comes right down to it I prefer my Garrett.
It's all a Ford and Chevy game when it comes to which brand you like best though and sometime which model. ???
Sorry I cant tell you which of the 2 Fishers your looking at are best, that is going to come down to which one you like most and will keep you hunting more. No matter which one you get they all take practice to get use to and more practice to keep getting better with the one you pick.They are both good detectors.
Good luck and HH
red

CHEVY IS BETTER ;D

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Go with the 1236x2. Great detector. Sandman.... First Texas is honoring the warranties as we are told. Until otherwise noted I think they will. 8)

OP
OP
R

rich2

Ok then how about the pro's and con's between the Fisher 1236 X2 and the Garret Ace 250...thanks again

Rich Kroon

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher 1236 X2 is an under rated machine. Downside is that its more heavy than the Garrett. Plus side is its deeper, more accurate I.D., better pinpointing.
Garrett 250 gives a great deal for a low price but not in the same league in my view.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Although the Ace250 is a great starter unit , the 1236 is as Brian said an under rated detector. Lots of power without the frills.
Still my choice of the two.

OP
OP
R

rich2

Thanks for the input...thougts from anybody else

Rich Kroon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread