Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeez what people arent allowed to be excited? The reason why they land these tv show gigs is because they look for dynamic people that naturally will help get ratings. Who wants to watch a MD show with a guy finding a cool artifact and saying "just another one for the collection" and just moving along? Not to mention half the time they are digging for a museum or somewhere to put their finds on display which is worth more than a private collection. Something of historical value should e shared with everyone, which is what their job is. Calm down and change the channel.
Ive been trying to tell everyone the same thing since the show started. Ill send you a PM and tell you which group of people don't like the show...The Mods don't like us to single out that group in the open forum.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The boys seem to be a little calmer this year though I think. I wish I could find something good enough to that excited about though,lol!
Did the new season already start airing?

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find their personality funny. especially when they find trash. which you never see on reality tv. I like the show, seen all the seasons and hope they come out with more. but boy do they act like 10 yr olds haha its sorta humorous

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy the show but why do they have to act like 10 year olds every time they find something, drives me crazy. Lol

Yeah they BURST out in a dash for where ever! Then fall face first in a puddle, really? The names they have for their finds are goofy as well!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been trying to tell everyone the same thing since the show started. Ill send you a PM and tell you which group of people don't like the show...The Mods don't like us to single out that group in the open forum.

I'll out myself here. I don't like the show, however I wouldn't stop people from watching if they truly enjoy it. Unfortunately there are people on BOTH sides of the issue who routinely resort to back-handed comments and hyper-posting on the topic which only infuriates the others further.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I use to watch it all the time. Sometimes i called BS on them finds they found. Like one was a civil war cannon in a development pond that had orange paint. Yes I know what red clay looks like also. This was paint you could see it chipping. But I still like it, the old buzzard got me interested in MDing many years ago. His boys cool to watch also its really educational.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personaly I dont even c y this a discission its a tv show. Do what everyones been doin since forevor if u dont like it dont watch it simple.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I use to watch it all the time. Sometimes i called BS on them finds they found. Like one was a civil war cannon in a development pond that had orange paint. Yes I know what red clay looks like also. This was paint you could see it chipping. But I still like it, the old buzzard got me interested in MDing many years ago. His boys cool to watch also its really educational.

I think that was american digger, with boom baby.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because mainstream media,government owned and run by the way,thinks that everybody is an idiot.

how did I know it would somehow be the Gov's fault? even overacting is in the regime's control..

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah I like the hunting, but the overacting is tiresome. I would never do it ( don't even offer me 75k a season) ( ok then I would overact my arse off)

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They must be doing something right.. They have all of us talking about them and their show... Annoying yes but still watched..

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, it's them or the kardashian's- I would cut my net wire first

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well, it's them or the kardashian's- I would cut my net wire first

I'm tired of reality TV period.

If you're going to script something regardless, I'd like to at least be entertained. I'll be glad when reality TV falls from its throne.

It should be a story OR real life- but you can't do both if you're going to dictate what happens???? They don't even make an effort to make some of what happens believable at all?!?! WTF???

Those guys on that one show act like total idiots, but I don't like any of the dig shows so I just don't watch them.

But it's too bad really, I'm into the hobby and the premise of a show like these, is a great idea.... Just poorly executed.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the truth is reality shows are so cheap to produce they are here for a long time. just the bottom line

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll just keep this reply short. Do I like the show. Yup. When you work a 9 to 5 job 5 days a week, its nice to see someone swinging. Whether its kg or deep digger dan, i have to get my fix some how.

Plus, after people flock to get an MD and realize its not ease, there will be the proverbial blue light special on auction sites for some nice tectors! LoL

Night Owl

Aug 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to find a silver coin but I got pretty excited when I found my first gold ring. These people just may be super excited when they find a 200 year old coin, as would I.

Don't judge they are just Happy people. Plus Dopamine is released so he gets a real rush. Scientific stuff. lol

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll out myself here. I don't like the show, however I wouldn't stop people from watching if they truly enjoy it. Unfortunately there are people on BOTH sides of the issue who routinely resort to back-handed comments and hyper-posting on the topic which only infuriates the others further.
Love it or hate it...it does get some interest.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread