Tv show diggers

EagleEyes

Jul 17, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I totally feel you. They kinda go over board with the excitement.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yee haa! Wait a minute, somebody beat a horse to death?

OP
OP
shanemcn

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
Wait, I found a rusty nail that could have belonged to a famous person, I have to celebrate yeah!!!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been brouht up many times...Unfortunatly, its the way hollywood rolls...Sometimes I can see them Overacting a bit much, but its all about ratings...Im just glad i dont see that Fat Arse Savage anymore....I told my wife that I could totally watch the Show with it on Mute..which i do, and still understand everythign that is going on.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same with the show Ice Cold Gold on discovery channel. Two of the guys on the show are really annoying. One is a so called mountaineer from colorado, the other is a geologist. They always portray themselves as know it alls.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its tv its made for entertainment, just like the recent show that was aired diggers, a couple of those guys same thing, then there were the pranks being played. Silly but thats what hollywood wants im sure they dont reallyy act like that but also im sure to that if alot of people were given the opertunity to go in tv and do something they like but would have to act kinda silly im sure ud do it. i definetly would for the fact of new areas to go out and explore

Chlorophylliate

Aug 7, 2013
Western MA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeez what people arent allowed to be excited? The reason why they land these tv show gigs is because they look for dynamic people that naturally will help get ratings. Who wants to watch a MD show with a guy finding a cool artifact and saying "just another one for the collection" and just moving along? Not to mention half the time they are digging for a museum or somewhere to put their finds on display which is worth more than a private collection. Something of historical value should e shared with everyone, which is what their job is. Calm down and change the channel.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeez what people arent allowed to be excited? The reason why they land these tv show gigs is because they look for dynamic people that naturally will help get ratings. Who wants to watch a MD show with a guy finding a cool artifact and saying "just another one for the collection" and just moving along? Not to mention half the time they are digging for a museum or somewhere to put their finds on display which is worth more than a private collection. Something of historical value should e shared with everyone, which is what their job is. Calm down and change the channel.

Exactly its just a show & I watch every one of them myself, they let u see hoe different machines are & act. Ill watch these shows & enjoy

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, but.. but... now everyone is going to want a Garrett machine and dig everything up and ruin it for everyone now! :laughing9: Where is that horse again? :tongue3:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I enjoy the show but why do they have to act like 10 year olds every time they find something, drives me crazy. Lol

Because mainstream media,government owned and run by the way,thinks that everybody is an idiot.

Terreldactyl

Feb 26, 2013
I have yet to find a silver coin but I got pretty excited when I found my first gold ring. These people just may be super excited when they find a 200 year old coin, as would I.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to find a silver coin but I got pretty excited when I found my first gold ring. These people just may be super excited when they find a 200 year old coin, as would I.

No, it's an act for the cameras.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
beatdeadhorse.gif

popc1.gif
popc1.gif

OP
OP
shanemcn

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
Changing the channel to Duck Dynasty where people act normal,, lol

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Im not gonna lie....You can even find my first post from when i found my first silver ( 1943-Walker)..But when I found my first Silver, Not only was I Shaking...but was on the verge of tearing up...I know other people dont react this way, But when you are passionate about your hobby, You cant help control your feelings...The only problem with this show, is there excitement seems like its being re-acted for camera which doesnt really show the intial reaction.

i was just with a guy last weekend that found his First gold ring...and I will never forgot the look on his face when he pulled it out....made me feel as good as if i found it.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The boys seem to be a little calmer this year though I think. I wish I could find something good enough to that excited about though,lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions