Question for the experienced seasoned MDers

Dogtirednj

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a stream that runs through my property just before it feeds into the Delaware River. When it rains a lot the stream becomes a raging river. Over the years in various storms we've had some pretty odd things turn up on the banks once the flood waters recede. We also get a lot of junk/trash. So here's my question: do you think it's worth hunting the stream or will I likely go insane from the constant noise from all the trash and from digging a fair amount as well?

Thanks
KD

Upvote 0

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait till the water is low and wade on in with your detector set on high descrimination- only to beep at coins and dig away. I have a small river near me and when it was low I went in and carefully dug standing liberty quarters and a nice brass pocketwatch! The local jeweler said the watch dated to approx. 1910-1920. Happy Hunting!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's an easy way to find out.....go hunt it! If the area has some history, even "junk" sounds might be worth something.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would totally hunt that....hell, it couldnt be any worse than some of these trashy parks i hunt...and the trash is even 50+ years.

But I would hunt it for sure...You just never know...Like mentioned above, i would "cherry pick" a few times first, then when the signals are scarse, start hitting it with less discrimination.

good Luck!

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dig it, sounds like a sweet spot!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMHO there are practically no spots that aren't worth at least trying. It won't take too much effort on your part to determine whether the area is worth your time or not and you will be building experience with your detector.
luvsdux

OP
OP
D

Dogtirednj

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. Now if it'd just stop raining long enough for the water level to drop a bit. After Super Storm Sandy we found half a mannequin had been washed down stream. The lower half. Very creepy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions