Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't know if you remember Rick was banned here....LOL..

Well ..TH ..Sort of banned .. i think just by some members .. some got really upset with him & his show … I think some got so upset they could have had a heart attack …. Why they let there selves get that way i will never know...

Last edited:

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obviously the show has created a lot of interest, good or bad, depending on your viewpoint.
luvsdux

I think Hollywood producers would tell you that bad publicity is as just as good as good publicity....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Hollywood producers would tell you that bad publicity is as just as good as good publicity....

Very True unfortunately.

Howard Stern Proved that.

However once you have done it all, it still becomes a Bore

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Why were the upset with him? Because he was trying to make a living at what he was doing?
.. I will say that you hit it right on… I guess you could call it "Lets make him unemployed "and of course some were jealous .. and as usual a lot follow the pack … They want to look good to everyone … You know mob mentality

Last edited:

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Ha! I knew it. Well, I like that show hundred times more than what I saw the other night on DIGGERS... Did they cancel that show? I haven't seen it in a while

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Ric Savage has a lot of knowledge on treasure hunting and relics . And can give good info on fakes ….

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If someone asked to film some of your hunts and they offered to pay you say twice what you normally make at work what would you do?
I would tell them to jump in the back of the truck and hang on.
"Pop Top City" here we come.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well he has his radio show now and it is doing well …. I would tell were to hear it at but to many on here would try to destroy that show also.. And to me his detecting tv show was better than any on the air now..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree. I think it is a very bad thing for "the hobby." The more attention we get the harder it becomes to practice our hobby. More and more restrictions, more and more newbie’s digging holes in easily accessible parks and private properties without permission, proper technique or ethics. The only people that profit from these shows are the advertisers and metal detector manufacturers.

Lost a few colonial field permissions because of the show - owners think im finding all kinds of "rare" buttons cause they say half the stuff they find are rare
like treble gilt flat buttons - and pewter musket balls -same buttons I show the farmers im finding and I find pewter musket balls around here too
I got offered a show before they did - still have a copy of the contract - so you cant go there with me

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Lost a few colonial field permissions because of the show - owners think im finding all kinds of "rare" buttons cause they say half the stuff they find are rare
like treble gilt flat buttons - and pewter musket balls -same buttons I show the farmers im finding and I find pewter musket balls around here too
I got offered a show before they did - still have a copy of the contract - so you cant go there with me
… I can and i did..So you did not take the show and he did so what that gets you bitter… So you lost a few hunting spots you say… So what self pity does not go far with me…Your a grown man chin up and find another spot...

Last edited:

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crap!! No one has posted to this thread in 22 hours.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the next episode hasn't aired yet

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crap!! No one has posted to this thread in 22 hours.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOP IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Let This Crap Thread Die Already.

Then I post and feel pissed that I posted to stop posting!

Nooooooooooo!!! :p

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If thread bothers you have the option of not reading it...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Besides all the juvenile antics, ridiculous hoopla, and unfounded speculation on targets, they are detecting areas that the rest of wouldn't stand a chance in hi** of obtaining permission to hunt. I YOU like it, watch it. I'm opting out.
luvsdux
You started a nice long running thread here..or forum..or what ever it is called ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread