Newbie in Northern Missouri

TxA_GunFighter

Feb 23, 2005
Fairview, Oklahoma
Hi all. I am a newbie in northern Missouri. I have been reading posts and picking up info. I will be getting a Tesoro Lobo ST shortly. Hope to learn all I can from the forums so I will be able to really get into this hobby.....addiction ;D.

Hope to get to know everyone on these forums, at least the regulars.

Just wanted to say HI and start getting to know everyone.

Best of luck to you all,

gunny

Upvote 0

bootyhunter

Feb 3, 2005
Welcome GunFighter, when you find the goodstuff be sure to show us the pics, 8)

lots of history in Missouri, probly some nice leftovers for ya,

Good Luck
BootyHunter

V

Vingamel

Welcome to the group!

I'm in Clay County (Kansas City), Missouri. I'll be checking out an old farm that's been in the family for over 150 years, up near Chillicothe.

OP
OP
TxA_GunFighter

TxA_GunFighter

Feb 23, 2005
Fairview, Oklahoma
Thanks for the welcomes. I have learned much in a short time. I hope to order my MD in two or three weeks. When I start finding stuff I will post it. I got lots of PCs and digital cameras. I get paid to work on computers and am a Certified Hacker.

The history around here is great and I am looking forward to some fun times. I live in Hannibal and the tourist flock here.

Thanks again for the welcomes.

gunny

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Howdy there Gunny

I noticed you were getting a Tesoro to start out with..Great choice I found they are real good at finding the small stuff and they sniff out gold great.

I have a post in" Everything Else" section and a lot of the people on the form have written what they like about there detectors that you might want to check out.

Any you will notice I am one of the TH that don't like to hunt parks to much so my advice to you is start your hunting hobby around old houses where there is a lot less trash to find..and you won't get burned out while just learning how to use your detector.

Best advice read read read you owners manual.

Great to have you on the form.

Red

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Welcome Gunny, looking forward to the pics. I know St. Louis was the jumping off point for most people heading west but I'm sure a lot came through Hannibal as well.HH

OP
OP
TxA_GunFighter

TxA_GunFighter

Feb 23, 2005
Fairview, Oklahoma
Vingamel,

We will have to get together sometime and do some MDing. Sounds like you have a great place to go. I am researching old town sites and old abandoned houses. They sound really good.

GH

gunny

OP
OP
TxA_GunFighter

TxA_GunFighter

Feb 23, 2005
Fairview, Oklahoma
Red,

I make one or two trips to Marble Falls, Texas each year. I have some computers to work on there. I love the country as I am a transplanted Okie and love the Southwest.

The gold prospecting is one of the reasons I picked the Tesoro Lobo ST. Plus it is a good all around detector. I know I will have several detectors in a couple of years. :D

We will have to get together on my next trip and see what we can find.

Tried to post one to you earlier but it went off to lala land as I haven't seen it since I posted it.

I went to your Everything Else post and got some good info.

GH

gunny

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Hey,Just thought I'd welcome you and give you a lead or two on contacts.Our GPAA chapter is having an outing in Mexico in Apr at one of our members places.It has been sampled and gold was found.You can join our chapter or just inquire about it at:
www.showmegold.org
Many of the members live in Jeff City,Columbia and ST Louis.They are up your way all the time.Hope to see you--

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread