G

gman17

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469445557.429690.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

gman17

Hi; Well I guess the only thing left to do here Folks is : I hereby Vote Banner. What say ye Folks?? PEACE:RONB

PS: My Vote is in.

I'm glad someone knows about rare belt buckles. Lol
Thank you!

OP
OP
G

gman17

For all the non believers here is a pic before I washed it off.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469663015.197271.jpg

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gman17; I guess the old saying is "The Proof is in the Pudding." :laughing7: PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
G

gman17

I can honestly say this is the last time I post something on this website.

davemihm

Feb 1, 2015
Mcminnville or
Detector(s) used
Whites xl Pro 6000 , MX Sport. Coin Master pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find.... Such a rare and wonderful beltplate...

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

gman17

If you all want to check out a real website for relics check out South Carolina relic hunters on FB.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep posting! Some may just be jealous, I know I am!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this is a fake too! Lol
I'm glad someone knows about rare belt buckles. Lol
Thank you!
Who said they thought it was fake? If you responded to my first reply to begin with "banner" would have been my follow up response. Although it looked good, a single photo of something so rare with no contextual support or back photo, does not offer proof of it's authenticity. Thanks for the additional photo. That's all, wasn't so hard was it? A banner find but not a banner attitude from the OP.

Last edited:

pen

Apr 7, 2015
Ardmore, AL
Detector(s) used
Deus, AT Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can honestly say this is the last time I post something on this website.

Awesome banner worthy find but I'm not sure what got you upset??? I went back and re-read all the posts. I think you are misinterpreting someone and I am jealous too LOL. Great Job!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome banner worthy find but I'm not sure what got you upset??? I went back and re-read all the posts. I think you are misinterpreting someone and I am jealous too LOL. Great Job!
I agree. This is a great find! The title says it all.
If you read the stickies in today's finds for Banners & how they work, you will see that " Post with great stories are more likely to be selected."
You can do this without giving up any info on your site or location.
People asking and answering questions about each other's finds are how we all learn more about them. There was no harm meant. Congrats again on a great find.

HH RN

OP
OP
G

gman17

Sorry guys, I haven't slept in 3 days of finding this thing. Im not used to the excitement.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think its natural to have a dose of skepticism for certain finds, metal CW items are most often found in relic condition, and there has recently been proven fraud posters here before. I would expect doubts if I found and posted a CSA ground dug buckle in near pristine condition, and would feel the same as you if it was in fact legit and people expressed doubts.

Not much to be done about that, its human nature and precedent, but we all know not everything from that era comes out of the ground rusted to hell. and though I personally have no way to eliminate all doubts [only you know for sure], I offer congrats on a sensational find.

OP
OP
G

gman17

I agree, but they don't even make reproductions of this buckle. After a cleaning with q-tip and olive oil.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1470066671.146080.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread