Finally! A NEW Abandond House To Search! A Great Adventure Awaits!

M

mattjd

I was exploring this place called the West End (in Pgh) looking for abandond houses to do some TH'ing in. I went on this one road that was a no outlet road. It was still a really long road though. I DID finally find a abandond house after searching the West End for about a half an hour on bike not to mention that I had rode past two kids and one of them threw a spray paint bottle at me from across the street (he's really lucky it didn't hit me as I have a very low level of tolerance for those types of people from being around them in my past). So anyways I was walking around the abandond house trying to find a way in. It was all boarded up! But if you know me well you know that I don't let anything like this get in the way of me potentially finding treasure. So he's my resort: along side the house are fairly thick vines (the kind with green leafs on them) that are growing along side the house. I'll climb up the vines and onto the roof. Hopefully they'll be a window on the roof that's open cause there's open windows on the higher levels were there used to be glass, but it's gone now. So I'll climb in the roof window (if there is one) and unlock the second story portch door for my friend to enter in (the easy way!). Anyway, I will have Pics of: the house, me climbing up the side of the house (should be interesting), and hopefully some nice finds! And by the way there is a water well in the back that has water filled to the top!

I didn't go in the house today cause my friend is coming with me were going this one day THIS weekend coming up) I just detected the yard today. Not much, just a corroded IH and a silver Rosie not to mention TONS of nails that kept reading as a penny! There were nails everywere! Even when I was digging the Rosie my pinpointer found a small nail in the same hole then the rosie was found next.

I promise Pics by this Sunday so stop back then!

HH and wish me luck on this rather dangerous hunt!

Matt

Upvote 0

SugarSand

May 4, 2005
Iowa
Jeff, Gold Digger, jimmileo, and others have spoken the truth. It better not be my property you are breaking into Matt, cuz I WILL press charges. And beware, the vines may well be Poison Ivy!!!

Harley digs it

Jun 27, 2005
New Brunswick, Canada
Wow, Jim I've read alot of your posts and have never herd one like your last one.

They could certify you as an adult and send you to the penitentiary for about 5 years where you at your age would become an unwilling lover to some burley con who will kill you if you don't give it up.

I'm sold and I didn't even do anything!

I've never done those things stated in this post, granted I did hang out in a abandoned house when I was a kid but every kid in our town did for the past 20 years before me so it really was abandoned.

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Jim...Way to go and wonderfully said. Even if your post doesn't stop Matt hopefully it will make at least one person stop and think what they have done or are contemplating doing. I for one say thank you for obviously caring.

Dave

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matt,

I think we are all saying this not to be jerks but because we care about a fellow human being. We don't want to see you go to prison for maybe a few hundred bucks at most. I think we all understand that your doing this for the thrill of the hunt and find. You need to think is it really worth the suffering that may come because of it?

I think we are all concerned about our name as Treasure Hunters. We don't need some newspaper print saying man with metal detector was caught breaking an entering and steeling $20.00 worth of coins in a bank owned house. I am willing to bet a lot of money that the bank will have no problem pressing charges against you.

I also think you will be surprised at how nice people are and find that people will give you permission to hunt legally most of the time. If not the houses at least the lawns.

Dude, the main thing I am saying is. What you are doing can get you into a lot of trouble for what could be no treasure or a very little one. Also like someone else said the stuff you could find could be some inheritor that needs this stuff for grief and or money more than you.

SO PLEASE, PLEASE RETHINK YOUR ACTIONS AND HUNT WITH CARE, RESPECT, AND DIGNATIY!!

PS: Cutting your elbow that one time did not tell you anything? You will only get so many warnings then the worst happens!!

HLH!! (Happy Leagal Hunting)

Attachments

• Jailbird.jpg
    Jailbird.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 358
OP
OP
M

mattjd

Yah you guys are right.

Anyways, for anyone that lives in Allegheny County PA (I think like 5 people on the forum do), you can use this website to find a property's owner's name. Just type in the address. Then you look up his/her name in the phone book to get a phone number and call to get permission to hunt. This is the method I use to get permission too.
Here's the website:? ? ? ? ?http://www2.county.allegheny.pa.us/RealEstate/Search.asp

HH Matt

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Hopefully Matt by U saying we were right it has deterred you from doing anything that you would later regret.

HH
Dave.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, if you think about it, kicking in doors is a lot cheaper than buying a metal detector. Wish I had thought of that before I bought mine. I have a neighbor that abandons his house every morning about 6:30.....Hmmmmmmmmm

OP
OP
M

mattjd

packerbacker said:
Actually, if you think about it, kicking in doors is a lot cheaper than buying a metal detector. Wish I had thought of that before I bought mine. I have a neighbor that abandons his house every morning about 6:30.....Hmmmmmmmmm

It was a door that was inside the house.

cableman79

May 17, 2005
Mobile, Alabama
Look at it like this; some folks (like us) think coins, jewery, and gold are tresure. Some folks think their children are treasure. Some folks think historical items are treasure. Some folks think a park is a treasure. The idea is that even if it is a door inside there is a group of people that may thing you are kicking in their treasure. For example; if it is an older home, the historical society believes that to be a treasure. So even if you had permission dont you think you should leave it as you found it? Good luck Matt and if you are gaining permission pretend it is your house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread