Review- Minelab CTX 3030 1st Month

Overvoltage

Apr 23, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett GTAx500, Infinium L/S, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GH, great review. I purchased a CTX from Bart several months ago and I have to agree it is amazing especially running your program. I do have a question for you. I am having a hard time carrying my relic shovel or my sand scoop in the field or on the beach because the CTX is so sensitive it picks it up. I typically have to carry it over my shoulder. I prefer to drag it behind me so I can keep track of where I have been but the CTX dosent seem to like that. Running the CTX in the GPS screen just dosent really work for me. Any suggestions?

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange that with the shovel behind you, that it is a problem. I sometimes take a 31" Sampson T handle shovel with me hanging off my left hip without issue.

Overvoltage

Apr 23, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett GTAx500, Infinium L/S, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the Lesche King Of Spades Model 38 D is beefy enough that if it is by my left side, every time I sweep the coil past the forward plane of my left leg it picks up the shovel. If I drag it behind me I really have to exaggerate and not let my left hand start creeping foreword.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really envy you guys with the 3030's. Someday I am hoping to be able to handle the $$$ to get that machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions