Minelabs new GO FIND 20,40 and 60 Metal Detectors

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Bluetooth also allows connection with smartphones' Minelab apps....should be exciting.

Bluetooth would have been a plus on a waterproof machine to avoid any point of failure.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to get a machine. I have been looking at the Fisher F2 the Ace 250 and now this. For me this seems like a great thing for me as a total noob. Its a pack and play which I like. I do not know anything about freqs etc.. I don't want to buy from that Fl company because I don't want all the fluff they include with each purchase. dose the 300 bucks include free shipping I wonder???

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait to find out how it performs in the wet sand. Don't forget, it's half way to an atpro price wise. Atpro is waterproof!

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's that good in the wet sand, I will buy one, cos I like the portability side of it.

whitjake

Oct 12, 2013
Warren, Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold bug 2, fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait to find out how it performs in the wet sand. Don't forget, it's half way to an atpro price wise. Atpro is waterproof!

I would rather spend half the cost of an AT pro being new over the 500-600 for something that I don't use much.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, I've seen enough of it to know it will work very well in the wet sand.... :) You can move from wet to dry sand without any issues.

Whitjake- you can be assured if you buy from us the shipping will be included.

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer, Minelab Go-Find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was very excited to get a 60..until I watched this video. I am going to wait for more videos and hope things get better as I really thought it would be a great scout machine.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO, that video means squat.
Air tests are meaningless, especially with GB Tracking machines.
Until I see real world tests, done on targets in the ground, on this side of the pond, on targets that I'm likely to encounter, I'll reserve judgment. All of this speculation is just silly. Everyone that I know that has actually had their hands on one have been impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But arent the only people have had their hands on one either employed by minelab or selling their detectors? the video means squat but you have no problem being impressed with what you hear from biased reports?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But arent the only people have had their hands on one either employed by minelab or selling their detectors? the video means squat but you have no problem being impressed with what you hear from biased reports?

Sounds to me like you asked & answered your own question.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, most testers are NOT employed by Minelab, nor are they dealers. They receive NO compensation for their time.
And beyond that you should read what I wrote, which was that "I'll reserve judgment", and "the people that have actually used them were impressed".

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the 60 model, plan to use it in the Nevada desert nugget hunting. Price is right, water proof up to 2 ft, and has new updated technology integrated into its brain. I like the fact the coil is hard wired, but I will never use the bluetooth smart phone sync. Even though minelab is slanting sales of the detector toward a younger group , I"m guessing it will perform well in the field with many finds other more expensive detectors would be expected to find.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, most testers are NOT employed by Minelab, nor are they dealers. They receive NO compensation for their time.
And beyond that you should read what I wrote, which was that "I'll reserve judgment", and "the people that have actually used them were impressed".

When I see very prof photos from the same guys always trying the lastest product and finding straight away an equivalent of a year (in value) of finds... not sure they "test" for free....

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I dont buy that for one second...if nothing else, they are at least getting the machine for free. That IS a form of compensation. I would also say it might be hard for them to say anything negative with the fear they might not get picked to get a FREE test unit the next go around...

Last edited:

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find just 1 item with a new model detector, coin, ring, etc., then you cant possibly say the new model detector is a wash. It is as good as the most expensive or the cheapest costing detector that can be bought.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont buy that for one second...if nothing else, they are at least getting the machine for free. That IS a form of compensation. I would also say it might be heard for them to say anything negative with the fear they might not get picked to get a FREE test unit the next go around...
I'm not even going to try to change a mind that's already made up with no understanding of how the process works.
The simple fact is, that a tester would be far less likely to be chosen again if they whitewash a report allowing Minelab to put a turkey on the market. And bashing a machine that you know nothing about, two months before it's release, paints a clearer picture of you than the machine.
If you don't like it, don't buy one. I will, and I'll do my own evaluation, as will many others that don't harbor pre-conceived notions.

bigboar

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not even going to try to change a mind that's already made up with no understanding of how the process works.
The simple fact is, that a tester would be far less likely to be chosen again if they whitewash a report allowing Minelab to put a turkey on the market. And bashing a machine that you know nothing about, two months before it's release, paints a clearer picture of you than the machine.
If you don't like it, don't buy one. I will, and I'll do my own evaluation, as will many others that don't harbor pre-conceived notions.

lol..show me where I bashed on the detector besides stating it did poorly in an airtest which is included in a video I found on the internet. Did I not even state that I was anxious to own one until I saw the video? You need to go back and read my first post... In all honesty, you said "it paints a clearer picture of me" but after reading your responses it actually paints a much clearer picture of who/what you are buddy.....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread