CTX3030 Andy Sabisch book THE CTX3030 HANDBOOK now available

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my copy yesterday...đź‘Ť

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Got my copy yesterday...��

I'll likely get mine tomorrow.

What do you think about it? At least it won't be like the Explorer/Etrac so the whole thing will focus strictly on the CTX.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still reading but I think it is a real good book....

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A excellent source of information on bringing the CTX to all it can be. Especially for those new to the CTX it is so much better than the owners manual information. Even for those who are very experienced on the 3030 will find there is good information in this well written book. Thanks Andy.

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just ordered the book and figure I can hopefully use some of the information up until the start to deer season (late Sept.) then, I will be able to take in all in while sitting in my stand waiting on Mr. Bigbuck.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got back from picking the book up from the Post Office. I understand why TH said he was still reading his!

Holy Cow Batman! This is a textbook. But with fun thrown in as well. It'll take a bit to read = 8 1/2 x 11, 185 total actual meat & potatoes pages, and I'll need to put on my reading glasses.

Edit:

Also note that purchase of the book includes access to CTX mode / settings files for download.

Last edited:

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I received my copy today. This guide should be the official owner manual. Awesome

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
They send it priority mail, so you should receive it by Thursday.

I ordered Sunday from Treasure Hunting Outfitters

My book was shipped Monday and will arrive Friday (Tomorrow). Just providing more info to shipping.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not that far into the book yet, only up to page 40. This is a book you'll have to read several times for it all to come together. I read sections, and then keep going back to those sections. My copy will get dog-eared. I've actually found information which clarifies a lot about my Etrac as well - things the manual, 2 years of use, and Andy's Etrac book did not explain to me, yet still very applicable to the CTX.

Plan to re-read, and keep reading as things come together, I'd imagine even for accomplished users.

Andy Sabisch

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2009
I appreciate the feedback and hope everyone finds the new book to be of value - input from others is what makes it a comprehensive book for the CTX 3030.

It took longer than anticipated to get through the writing / proofing / printing process this time but hopefully it was worth it in the end.

Andy & Charlene Sabisch

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
I have found the information very helpful. I love my CTX and Andy's book has helped my understanding much more than the "manual". I feel more in control of the machine purpose and utilize more of its features now!

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We now have them in stock, ready to ship if anyone wants to pick one up. :)

raymondj

Jun 11, 2013
Batemans Bay NSW AU
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II ...Minelab SDC2300... Minelab CTX3030 and for the missus a Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I received mine and am very impressed with the professional way the book has been written and laid out. It answered all the questions that I had and gave me a through understanding of what the knobs on the 3030 will do. Well done Andy, you need to be congratulated.

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine should be here monday! Right along with the new machine

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am about to get one, but I have 3 years on the CTX and I am unsure of how much I will learn. I hope I can get a few pointers that will squeeze a little more out of my old spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions