New Minelab machine coming.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, it really all comes down to whether this thing has deus like recovery. Heck, I would take F75 like recovery.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll bet the optional rear mounted anti-sloshing beer/beverage holder counterbalances the nose heavy design perfectly!

"Larry, it's amazing. This thing hasn't spilled a beer yet. It's sensational"! :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It wasn't or isn't meant to replace the 3030, it is a midrange detector, with that said it does have amazing potential to be a game changer. My money is on Minelab and I have already talked to a dealer about buying one.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to try one of these new machines out if anyone needs a product tester ;)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It wasn't or isn't meant to replace the 3030, it is a midrange detector, with that said it does have amazing potential to be a game changer. My money is on Minelab and I have already talked to a dealer about buying one.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!
Yes sir TH so have i... I am going for the 800 no use to get the 600 then wish i would have got the 800 .

Last edited:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
12/46 Silver 12/12 Nickel FE/CO Numbers

I will buy the 800 model just for a great backup unit to my Etrac and CTX. Also I can let my grandson use it.

I also find the FE/CO numbers one of the best things about my Etrac and CTX. I dig less trash than ever with these machines due to target ID accuracy using these numbers.

Target trace pinpoint and the target cursor are also great tools for target ID on my CTX.

I wont be selling my CTX anytime soon :)

But this machine is going to shake up The Deus, Garrett AT Max, Whites MX Sport, etc...

Great job Minelab !

Gary from Oregon

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
12/46 Silver 12/12 Nickel FE/CO Numbers

I will buy the 800 model just for a great backup unit to my Etrac and CTX. Also I can let my grandson use it.

I also find the FE/CO numbers one of the best things about my Etrac and CTX. I dig less trash than ever with these machines due to target ID accuracy using these numbers.

Target trace pinpoint and the target cursor are also great tools for target ID on my CTX.

I wont be selling my CTX anytime soon :)

But this machine is going to shake up The Deus, Garrett AT Max, Whites MX Sport, etc...

Great job Minelab !

Gary from Oregon

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I will be throwing my hat in the ring as well! I may have to sell off one of my CTXs though

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 600 may be the better buy if your not hunting highly mineralized ground. It appears to not be wireless headphone though in addition to no 20 and 40 khz

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I think after looking at the videos and reading some messages that this was made to take over the market from 650 to 1000 range of detectors plus compete with the deus. I don't think like others have said it was meant to undermine their flagship detectors. If so, you would see a price drop on the etrac and ctx. I think if you want a detector to be put out to compete with those models, it will be done by another manufacturer and not minelab until their hand is pushed to do so. I hope i am completely wrong though, and want to see some head to head tests with this machine and the fbs machines.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If this is meant to challenge the Deus.... 2 points.

The first is swinging fast over a single target means nothing, my explorer can do that.

And the coil is too large. That alone will create too much masking and I highly doubt will be able to do what the Deus can in iron. To me that`s a neon sign blinking that this is more a marketing play.

Do I think it will hurt Deus sales, yes, but I think it will hurt the new Garrett sales more. It looks like a great all-around detector and would probably be my choice if I was new to the hobby... but I personally don`t think it will rival the Deus in the places I think it excels.

Equinox will have 3 different coil sizes, the one showed is the standard, a smaller and bigger one will be available.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like the videos posted it did rather well over multiple targets even with its big coil.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure how anyone can tell if it is a machine for them when they have never touched it and nobody has even used one in real world use??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread