New Minelab machine coming.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not an Excal replacement, of that I am sure.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes it does matter what it costs... I hope its expensive...

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's one thing for sure that we don't have to worry about.
I gussing it's not going to be as expensive as some might think.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it makes other detectors obsolete – then it sure is **** is going to be expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_1841.PNG

Product Notices for 2017

16 Sep 2017
Pending release of new EQUINOX Series
1200x900-EQUINOX-announcement-FB.png
Representing our most significant coin & treasure introduction since the launch of the CTX 3030 in 2012, Minelab is pleased to announce the pending release of our new EQUINOX Series Metal Detectors.

The EQUINOX Series is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions… just select your detecting location and go!

The EQUINOX Series has been designed for the serious coin & treasure enthusiast looking to upgrade to a high performance detector, without the high cost. It’s also suitable for the new detectorist, having several pre-set modes for different detecting locations. The EQUINOX Series features Minelab’s STATE-OF-THE ART Multi-IQ simultaneous multi-frequency technology and combines fast recovery speed with low-latency wireless audio in a lightweight waterproof platform.

3 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach)
4 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, Multi)
Wired Bluetooth Headphones Supplied

4 Detect Modes (Park, Field, Beach, Gold)
6 Frequency Options (5kHz, 10kHz, 15kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz, Multi)
Bluetooth Headphones and WM 08 Wireless Module Supplied

“EQUINOX, with Multi-IQ, has the potential to obsolete all the traditional VLF detectors that enthusiasts have been using for decades.” —Minelab Electronics Pty Ltd.

Expected retail prices are:

EQUINOX 600 USD 649
EQUINOX 800 USD 899

Other regions will have relative pricing, taking into account variables such as foreign currency exchange rates and government sales taxes.

Further product details and product availability will be announced in the coming weeks, on minelab.com

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see how it compares to the E-trac and CTX-3030 in multi mode. If it is as good as the E-trac and balanced like the CTX and has as fast a recovery as my Tesoro's and Impact in single kHz mode then they have a winner!

Last edited:

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks very promising.. I saw in the one video the guy say good to 10 meters under water. But one guy said 3 meters.. hoping for the 10 meters since I shallow dive..

As far as the balance of the 3030, well it cant be. You can tell it is going to be nose heavy like the deus or etrac. Just much lighter than minelabs before

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a killer of:
XP Deus
ATP
Safari
+ others I don't know well enough to comment on.

I may have to get one of these if they are as lightweight as everyone is saying.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks very promising.. I saw in the one video the guy say good to 10 meters under water. But one guy said 3 meters.. hoping for the 10 meters since I shallow dive..

As far as the balance of the 3030, well it cant be. You can tell it is going to be nose heavy like the deus or etrac. Just much lighter than minelabs before

He misspoke, he meant 3 meters or 10 foot.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I gussing it's not going to be as expensive as some might think.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Its definitely under what I thought they would ask for a detector with those features. Good call.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Great video of the new machine... but waterproof to 3 meters not 10 as in the video...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a killer of:
XP Deus
ATP
Safari
+ others I don't know well enough to comment on.

I may have to get one of these if they are as lightweight as everyone is saying.

Add the Nokta Impact to that list.

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If it is as nose heavy as the Deus, that would be a good thing (i.e., I don't consider the Deus nose heavy).

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is as nose heavy as the Deus, that would be a good thing (i.e., I don't consider the Deus nose heavy).

It is. 90% of it weight is out in the coil. It is just so light over all so for most it is a non issue, but indeed nose heavy. I would bet if you center weighed it by percentage it would be heavier by percentage than the etrac.

Last edited:

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C´mon boys, until now we have only marketing banter from Codan/minelab.

And while it will make all other (relic/hobby) detectors obsolete Minelab will continue to sell the CTX 3030 for the double price. Why if its obsolete?

Lets see how it tests. Lets not forget that the Go-pros were announced as ACE killers and they were well ...... some say worse than china non name trash.

Multiple frequency sounds interesting, well agree.

Ususal Minelab slow swing speed or ergonomics the kind of CTX would also be a red flag for me.

Until now, Codan has done what they promised their anaylsts and shareholders in the last presentation: They introduced a mid range hobby detector.

If its gonna be a new paradigm has to be awaited...

Greets Namxat

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delete, double post

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread