M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colleen, here's an interesting observation for you. From what I've seen most people that speak Portuguese can also speak and understand Spanish, but the Spanish have no clue when it comes to Portuguese. :tongue3: I started picking up some Portuguese when I worked for a Portuguese guy that had several Brazilians working for him. Dated several Brazilian woman and learned more. One thing I can tell you, it has to be the sexiest language out there, so soft and I love that accent.

Hi Spartacus53, The Brazilian accent is different than they who live in Portugal. Both accents are nice...the Brazilians tend to stretch out the words sort of like a southern drawl but sounds "sing/song" like to me.

As to Spain and Portugal, well, I'm under the understanding that they both understand each-other's language but pretend not to...Not sure about all that. I just know some phrases, few greetings,,,lots of "pepper" words, of course...:)

Colleen

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper words huh... I have those covered in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, German, Korean, French and Yugoslavian to name a few. Geez, I sound like a slut :laughing7:

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pepper words huh... I have those covered in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, German, Korean, French and Yugoslavian to name a few. Geez, I sound like a slut :laughing7:

Well its always good to know what people are saying about you...Haha

MinerGirl

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've worked for several foreign owned company's and it's a must. You hear in in context enough, you can pick it up, or at least get the gist and get a translation later

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learned to rely on a translator when I was served "Tripas"...was told it was Fish, well it's not! Being polite, of course, ate it and asked, "Why aren't you having any Tripas?...They said...I don't like Fish...Later I found out...Ewwwe...Thanks for telling me!

Very nice people and glad I didn't know. But when you finish your plate they give you more and more...omg...I was thinking...make it Stop!..Haha

Fun Memories...MinerGirl

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many years ago my old firm was bought out by Hanjin Shipping of Korea, who also own Korean Air Lines. Anyway, I had one good friend Paul Lee, who a colleague on our sales team and he of course spoke Korean fluently. Through him I would pick up terms at least twice a week during our meetings. Did well enough on the accent to even fool other Koreans, but the best part was all the little lines I picked up.

We had 2 young Koren girls that would literally run though the office when working (A cultural thing I guess) Anyway, I learned the phrase chun chun Hee sic. which means slow down. I would say it as they zoomed by me and it did catch their attention :laughing7:

The best was a longer phrase that means, you never know who understands your language. I had used this at a bar where these 2 Korean woman would stand in a corner and make comments about people around them. It was like a Seinfeld episode, I noticed them talking and past them with that little ditty. Well, it was fun watching them turn colors :laughing7:

I have always made it a point to be convincing in any situation, so I could better entertain myself. Pick up a few obscure phrases and it makes them think twice :laughing7:

The best part is you don't need many phrases to get over on anyone :tongue3:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really like the befor kids picture, Also would love to hunt that farm house sometime,problem is I'm in massuchusetts.Welcome to tnet,leprechaun.:leprechaun-hat:

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leprechaun,

Thanks for the compliment...I like that one too..Haha...Wonder where she went...:) I'll get to the farm soon...Just don't have the detector I want yet...Soon, I hope.

Spartacus53,

Not many foreign languages here in MI, so don't have to try and figure much out here...unless its trying to understand the U.P. accent...:)

MinerGirl

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not having many foreigners in your state can also be sad to a degree. Living between NY/NJ has been interesting to say the least. NY/NJ towns, neighborhoods in many areas are broken down into small countries to a degree. Every ethnic group has an area where they thrive and it's great when you want something different to eat. NY is still big on Irish, Italian, Greek, Polish, Russian, Middle Eastern, and Chinese. NJ has those and Thai, Vietnamese, Filipino, and Indian. One city has so many Indians it's know as little Bombay :laughing7: But if you enjoy different cuisines these areas can't be beat!!

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spartacus,

True...Thankfully I spent a few years in San Francisco, CA and can appreciate what you're saying.

Michigan Has it's special "Treasures"...

MinerGirl

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MinerGirl,don't know what cind of machine your looking for,I have a whites DFX for sale.:leprechaun-hat:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me bold :icon_scratch: Nahhh :tongue3: Confident, yes :laughing7: No brag, just fact :headbang:

minergirl, I learned from an early age, "you snooze, you lose". That is the one constant in life, so live it to the fullest. I like to boast that I'm unique, but then again, so is everyone else :laughing7:

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leprechaun,

Not too sure which one...right now I'm "budget" driven and want to get the best for my funds...(like everyone) Buying one just on price could mean missing alot and wasting time...Also I've heard the 250Ace might beep at "passing cars"..Haha and my Mom doesn't want me tearing up the Farm!...Haha There's already too many gophers...:) So I'm just trying to sort it out. Not brand specific at all and doesn't have to be waterproof since I can't use it in Florida anymore:(

MinerGirl

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spartacus,

You're defiantly right about that and I'm just kidding with ya...'cause its fun...:)

Later I'll try to post a cool pic of Michigan...Have to find it...Its a "Treasure" in of itself! (Kinda like me..Ha!)

MinerGirl

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert in judging one detector from another, but I can say I have no problem with my ace250. Many also talk about the Tereso, especially when they have lifetime guarantees. I would also suggest not going too high on the cost as this may not be the hobby for you. Yes, you may say I'll love it no matter what and a month down the road it'll be collecting dust, just like many of those various exercise machines people buy :laughing7: Buy one from $190-250 and if you do enjoy it, there is a good chance you'll recoup that expense in a year, or so. You can always upgrade at another point in time

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spartacus,

That sounds like what I should do. I'm sure many times its not the detector but who's behind it...:)

Leprechaun,

Curious what yours goes for too.

MinerGirl

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spartacus,

You're defiantly right about that and I'm just kidding with ya...'cause its fun...:)

Later I'll try to post a cool pic of Michigan...Have to find it...Its a "Treasure" in of itself! (Kinda like me..Ha!)

MinerGirl

I guess finding that one cool pic of Michigan, is like trying to find me in my old pictures. I think you're looking for a needle in a haystack. :laughing7: However, I will accept your picture as the treasure.

Yea, it is fun with back and forth banter on these posts and you have a good sense of humor.

That being said, I have to find a thread to annoy someone :laughing9:

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spartacus,

I think NASA locked up their "Photo Dept"...I'll try later...

MinerGirl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread