Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Back in 2005 I found a very rare free slave tag that made W & E Treasures top finds for that year. Now in 2010 I made another rare find only this time it's a coin. Dug this one a few weekends ago in a pounded colonial site. It just goes to show you can't dig it all.A friend told me it was pounded and that everybody and his brother had been in it. I told him I hadn't been there yet :laughing7: I was trying out my new omega 8000. I usually hunt with a T2 LTD and love it, but this little detector is going to make me some great finds. Shoot with this coin it sure is one heck of a way to break it in ;D. it's a 1795 flowing hair half dime, and the condition is amazing!Hope you enjoy the pics!

Laszlo

Attachments

• inground.jpg
    inground.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 2,691
  • dimeback.jpg
    dimeback.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,660
  • justdug.jpg
    justdug.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 2,709
  • inground.jpg
    inground.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 2,621
  • dimeback.jpg
    dimeback.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,643
  • justdug.jpg
    justdug.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 2,611
Upvote 7

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the top 10 coins I have ever seen posted here--and that includes the gold ones, too.

Outstanding.

-Buck

jrandy

Jan 13, 2010
San Angelo TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GPT 1350, Predator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW , I can only find an 1796 in my book???? A million dollar coin ??? :icon_thumright:

melonhead74

Greenie
Dec 28, 2008
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! I am speechless looking on the beauty of this 215 yr old lady, who looks breathtaking for her age! I have her in my book, and would be scared to even hazard a guess on grade, any way u look at it, it will be some major $$$$$$! Beautiful coin, and congrats on finding such a rare beauty, in such wonderful condition. Thanks also for sharing it with us. HH Melonhead P.S. you probably know this already, but my red book says only 86,416 minted!

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing condition indeed! :icon_thumright:

Truly outstanding coin. Huge congrats!

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Revere, Massachusetts (5 Miles North of Boston)
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum/White's Eagle II
What can a person possibly say after seeing this rare, exciting, and beautiful coin????

You made my day with this one, my fortunate friend....this is the stuff that treasure hunting dreams are made of....it has to be one of the most beautiful coin finds I've ever seen on the Treasurenet forums!

My sincere C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S on a spectacular piece of Amercian coinage history!!

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Larry G.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy silver :notworthy: that is beautiful and rare my 2011 Red Book page 137 has that listed as
86,416 Minted AU 50 at 7000.00 but it might be even be better maybe MS 60 13,500.00 :headbang: fantastic find :thumbsup: Dd60

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:headbang:
Wow! This is the best early US mint coin I have seen recovered! Congrats on an amazing piece of US history!
Keith

U

umrgolf

Just like everyone has already told you, this might be one of the best, if not the best coin I've ever seen here :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :notworthy:

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Wow Wow Wow

Time and Earth were certainly friendly to that beautiful coin.

Congratulations on a spectacular find.

Wow

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
what luck what a find CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my book says many thousands of dollars they made 86,416

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
very impressive! You should consider sending it to PCGS (or NGC) for grading. It may even come back in a problem-free holder!

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
BuckleBoy said:
One of the top 10 coins I have ever seen posted here--and that includes the gold ones, too.

Outstanding.

-Buck

This one definitely belongs at the top of this page, as it is a banner find for sure! Unfortunately the "My Best Finds" forum does not have the same visibility as "Today's Finds". I hope to wake up tomorrow morning to see this one on the banner.

Can I ask what state it was found in?

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Laszlo - I thought I'd seen this coin. Did you post this at the Teknetics site also?

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Neil in West Jersey said:
BuckleBoy said:

Outstanding.

-Buck

This one definitely belongs at the top of this page, as it is a banner find for sure! Unfortunately the "My Best Finds" forum does not have the same visibility as "Today's Finds". I hope to wake up tomorrow morning to see this one on the banner.

Can I ask what state it was found in?

Hi,

yes the coin is featured on the teknetics website. I use teknetics products and Mike Scott is a good friend of mine. They have pictures of other finds I've made on their website too. The coin was found in the lowcountry of South Carolina.

Laszlo

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...would love to find an early american silver but a rare one... congrats, she's a beauty...now why not post it on "Today's find" and it will soon be a banner!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions