Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike3366 said:
I have a Rolex , it was a gift from my wife . And no it can not be replaced ! It is irreplaceable ! We are not rich but have made decisions over the years that afford us a comfortable life . If mine was lost I hope the person who finds it has enough morals to return it . JMHO

Souldnt wear it to a beach if u dnt wanna take the chance of losing something that valuable

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will you keep it or sell it?

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Produce Guy said:
Will you keep it or sell it?

Id sell it in a heart beat

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So would I, but only because I would throw in a few more grand and buy a new one that's a bit bigger. :headbang:

I found it 5 years ago and I am still clinging to the dream of finding a gold Rolex.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it 5 years ago and I am still clinging to the dream of finding a gold Rolex.

No kidding there, the price of those has really shot up over the years. There's much better scores in watches, but they're not near as likely to make it to a beach, or survive the elements as well as a diver. I think you already beat the odds bigtime with that one considering every other posted seems to be a fake.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!

skateandcreate

May 5, 2008
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Minelab GPX 4800
Funny at everyone arguing what they would or wouldn't do with it. I believe some views would change if they made a similar find

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Senseless debate...It is Gary's watch whether you agree with that or not. I would have looked for the owner if it was me but it is not so end of story.

Congrats again

NJ

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny at everyone arguing what they would or wouldn't do with it. I believe some views would change if they made a similar find

You got that right! I have no question that many of the do-the-right-thing guys would hum a different tune if a $5,000 watch popped out at their feet.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't understand why some one would spend $5000 on a watch, then not have it engraved, or marked for a swift return if lost. And for those who say about serves himself right for going in the water with it, why else would you buy a submariner :icon_scratch: I think I would keep it also, unless like I stated it was engraved or marked. Good score.:thumbsup:

SS

Kayleealways

Aug 19, 2012
After getting a $20 reward for your last one the only way it would be returned from me would be at a 25% reward on value. Great find and enjoy it. Possession is 9 10ths of the law. HH

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
I can't understand why some one would spend $5000 on a watch, then not have it engraved, or marked for a swift return if lost. And for those who say about serves himself right for going in the water with it, why else would you buy a submariner :icon_scratch: I think I would keep it also, unless like I stated it was engraved or marked. Good score.:thumbsup:

SS

All Rolex watches have s serial # that is recorded . It would not take much to locate the owner .

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hope you meant $20 Double Eagle cause damn!!! I know if I lost something worth thousands and it got returned I'm pretty sure I'd start with a handshake/hug, maybe a tear of joy lol, followed by breaking out my wallet and hooking it up.
In your personal opinion, if you wouldn't have returned the Tag Hauer, do you think life would've still hooked up the Rolex?
Thats a bummer Don, I have found a fake stainless & gold ladies one also. The first thing I did was get this watch authenticated and appraised by my main jewelry guy. I found and returned a $5000.00 Tag Hauer and got a princely $20.00 reward. I paid my dues and I will enjoy this one until I find a gold one.
Cheers Gary

Ren

Greenie
Dec 26, 2012
Solano County
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's nice. I would probably actually keep it and wear it.

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you meant $20 Double Eagle cause damn!!! I know if I lost something worth thousands and it got returned I'm pretty sure I'd start with a handshake/hug, maybe a tear of joy lol, followed by breaking out my wallet and hooking it up.
In your personal opinion, if you wouldn't have returned the Tag Hauer, do you think life would've still hooked up the Rolex?

I have no regrets finding the other expensive watch and running up into the parking lot to chase the person down to give them the watch. Another 5 minutes and I would probably be wearing a $5000.00 Tag Hauer watch as the people were leaving the ultra high end beach side resort for the airport and a flight back to Europe. I added an extra $5.00 and took my family out for dinner at McDonalds with $20.00 reward lol I do however regret spending a Sunday morning a few years ago searching for a lost $11.000.00 platinum & diamond ring in the pouring rain , finding it and having the ungrateful owner snatch it out of my hand before slamming the door shut in my face. No thank you, no nothing, wow! I have returned 4 gold class rings without a reply or a thank you, a Grammy judges wallet complete with driving license, credit cards, IDs and a wad of cash to Canada without a reply or a thank you. When the lifeguard told me the story of this Rolex Submariner and how the guy said if you find it enjoy it he will have a replacement covered on hs credit card, I am respecting the guys wishes. I'm enjoying it ! I see the Duddley do right comments on this thread, I must have found and returned close to $20.000.00 worth of jewelry without a thank you. I also find and return many pieces of gold jewelry, cameras, cell phones while beach and water hunting every year but I do not feel the need to make a big deal of doing the right thing on the forums. When people ask me to try and find lost items on the beach I try my hardest to make them happy. One of my favorite find and returns was a couple of years ago on Miami Beach, a 24 K gold band hand made by a Cuban guys Grandfather from gold panned in the river Cauto in Cuba. This guy was crying like a baby after I found it and vowed never to go to the beach with it again, talk about a feel good story. With the previous owner of this Rolex saying the credit card purchase would be covered and if you find it enjoy it and because I have found and returned more jewelry than most beach and water hunters out there , I can sleep like a baby at night.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread