charlie3.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 536

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
The summer beauty of the Ohio River Valley ! The American Queen, as well as the other 2 (Delta and Mississippi) pass by our backyard during the summer months. A wonderful sight to behold ! They often play their calliope's and we exchange greetings with passengers as they pass by. Americana at it's best!

Attachments

• americanqueen.JPG
    americanqueen.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 538

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Have you ever spent the late afternoon

From the first line "Have you ever spent the late afternoon" I saw this lady siting on the dock at the lake and thought it would make a good picture,so I ask her if I could take her picture. She said yes and this is the results. Turns out she is a professional photographer doing portrait type work.Her request was that I send her a copy via email. She seemed to like the picture a lot. She was going to go kayaking,but since it was such a pretty sunset she decided she would just sit and meditate. Isn't our freedom a wonderful thing!
Van

Attachments

• motivator8249742.jpg
    motivator8249742.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 494

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
MEinWV said:
The summer beauty of the Ohio River Valley ! The American Queen, as well as the other 2 (Delta and Mississippi) pass by our backyard during the summer months. A wonderful sight to behold ! They often play their calliope's and we exchange greetings with passengers as they pass by. Americana at it's best!

Delta Queen?? Hmm, how about this one??

deltaqueen12.jpg

Taken in front of the Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati Ohio in May 1992. The 100+ year old Central Bridge was being replaced by a larger bridge. This was the next to last section to be removed before the new bridge can be built. I thought it would be a cool pic to have the Delta Queen in a once in a lifetime photo.......see ya mark

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
You folks are awesome!

Thom hog it all you want, your pictures are awesome! Makes my deer look mediocre?

Van, Priceless! Really, nice story to go with it!

Mark....Perfect, just perfect!

I really appreciate the love of this Country, God Bless America, from a little Country Girl. If it wasn't for Charlie and you folks.....I'd never have seen this country as I am.

THANKS FOLKS!!!!!!

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
How about the sounds of high school football in small town America. Cars surround the football field, horns honk after a touchdown, Strangers and friends pat the back of a father who's son just made the "big play". The calm still peacefulness of the Great Plains on a hot August afternoon. If a person has never experienced small town football in the midwest then I believe they are missing part of life in this great county.
We serve this country because we love it. we risk our lives so the next generation can experience what we have had the pleasure to enjoy.
This is the best country in the world, we are free to express our opinions. But do not tread on Her, she is still strong, strengthened by the people who love her.
Thank God for tnet, because we are here some of the most patriotic people of this wonderful nation, and how America is. LET'S KEEP IT GOING.

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
From the line in the song "America The Land Of The Free" This is our front door here in the heartland of America,showing our Son's dedication to this great country.He is a career Soldier, having served in Iraq in an Army mash hospital.He has seen lots of the tragedies of war,but still believes in what they are doing.Our thanks go out to all who have played a part in this great country being free.
Van

Attachments

• P5270001-Changed.jpg
    P5270001-Changed.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 479

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
VanGone said:
From the line in the son "America The Land Of The Free" This is our front door here in the heartland of America,showing our Son's dedication to this great country.He is a career Soldier, having served in Iraq in an Army mash hospital.He has seen lots of the tragedies of war,but still believes in what they are doing.Our thanks go out to all who have played a part in this great country being free.
Van
Your son is a hero. And I am very grateful to what he is doing for our freedom. Please thank him for me as well as all the other vets from other wars.

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Totally awesome thread. I will add something when I get home, and wake up.(Im working the graveyard shift.)
TN Joe

OH I found one of Falls Creek Falls In Good Tennessee.

Attachments

• HPIM0900-262x250.jpg
    HPIM0900-262x250.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 420

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Hey Joe...ever climb down to the bottom? You literally "slide" down and the trip back up is grabbing a hold of anything you can to help pull you up. At least that's the way it was in the 60's!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Dont know where these fit in,but we are the home of the largest Ride for MS ...Tomahawk WI...Home of Harley Davidson

Attachments

• fall ride.jpg
    fall ride.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 438
  • fall ride 2.jpg
    fall ride 2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 445
  • fall ride 3.jpg
    fall ride 3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 454
  • tomahawkride.jpg
    tomahawkride.jpg