Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was supposed to go to lauderdale and get on the big yacht for the trip north, but......my buddy fell down fishing and broke his jaw and drove 3-5 of his upper teeth into his sinus cavity all the way to his nose.......so I have been hastily signed on to the skippers dolphin tournament. I guess the yacht will wait to leave until im done with this tournament. I have great luck in this one. I won 8 grand cash in the calcutta one year, and our boat swept it 4 years ago for 40000$. We have finished this one in the money alot.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh Man! That's awful for your buddy!

I hope you do well in the tourney. Sounds like your due to win it again!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was actually my friends son who is thirteen I think. The boy is a fishing machine, and his father is the owner of the shark boat that I work on. We have fished together since high school. My heart is breaking for them, im sure the oral surgeon is hard at work now. We have all fished this tournament for years, sometimes together, sometimes on opposing boats. All of us have won and lost in this tournament over the years, so I owe it to my friend to try and salvage something and at least try for them. We lost our female angler and our junior angler. It will be the mate and I and thats it !! The yacht said they will wait for me one more day to finish the tournament. I need a 40+pound mahi mahi to be in the hunt so we will run and gun with live goggle eyes and have rigged bally hoo for the troll and cut bait for the schoolies !! Gotta try for my friends son BO. This ones for you buddy !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-900.JPG got a little skipjack and am in second place in the tuna division. Really thats considered a trash fish......but its allowed so I weighed it in. Turns out that was smart, im on the board for some kind of booby prize !! Tomorrow is another day and we will try again. We caught 7-8 dolphin all 7-8 pounds. Not big enough to be in the money, but we're on the board. Well see what we can add to our total weight tomorrow !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-905.JPG photo-902.JPG
Little bryce !! My friend's son. he fished with us today, and was a great help loading fish in the box !! We caught 35-40 fish but the biggest one was only 12 pounds. We didnt even bother weighing in today as we knew it would not matter. I had a great time tonight at the awards ceremony, and saw many longtime friends from childhood !! I forgot how much I missed that group of friends that fish this local key largo dolphin tournament. My tuna got smoked off the board by a 26.9 pound black fin. Heres our advantage, we are a commercial boat, so we can Legally sell our catch. At least the expenses are covered.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Having fun and the comaraderie is what it's all about! It's always great to see little ones get in to it! At least you could sell yours. Mr. WD doesn't have that opportunity. The joke up here is, "If you want to make a million $$, you have to spend $2 million." LOL!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1598285
View attachment 1598286 to bad they dont give prizes for the most dolphin. My wife will fish the womens dolphin tournament next week. Hopfully she can do better than we did. She will probably do better without me there coaching her. Lol !! I leave for the great lakes today !! Gonna be a long boat ride !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-906.JPG
photo-904.JPG
Pictures not loading. Hmmmmm ??

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1598285
View attachment 1598286 to bad they dont give prizes for the most dolphin. My wife will fish the womens dolphin tournament next week. Hopfully she can do better than we did. She will probably do better without me there coaching her. Lol !! I leave for the great lakes today !! Gonna be a long boat ride !!

Well, you know us wives love the opportunity to out do the hubby! LOL!:laughing9:

How many days does it take to do that trip? OH, FYI... there's a tournament on Erie this weekend.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Try clearing your cookies and history. See if that helps. I had to do that last week.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
005.JPG
This morning on S.M.Lake.........1 boat...3 fishermen...6 live bait polls...for 6 hrs....And this is it :censored:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that the same lake that you posted a pic with all the debris and logs?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My daughter and her family came over for Father's Day. Of course, the boys had to fish! LOL!

View attachment 1603366 The first one caught was a $5.00 money fish. Grandpa is out $30.00 so far this year!

View attachment 1603367

View attachment 1603368 This is the same fish as the one above. All the rest are different catches.

View attachment 1603369

View attachment 1603370

View attachment 1603371 He definitely caught the most.

View attachment 1603372 Big bro comes back out and right off the bat little bro gets a fish and the lines get tangled!

fish8.JPG Watch out for that treble!

View attachment 1603374 After all that, he pulls the fish in by hand.

I hope you guys had a great Father's Day!

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_1965.JPG
This was a couple days ago.

Well maybe a few more than a couple day ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread