Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Goldtron

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2018
BC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Treasurenet.com is a friendly community dedicated to all kinds of treasure hunting!

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have treasure hunting questions, sharing finds and discuss treasure hunting in general.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

Placier prospector from bc.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello new too TreasureNet site looks awsome!!
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Illinois for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Josephus

May 18, 2018
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am new to the site. I am from Texas. :occasion14: This is a nice site by the way! Lots of interesting things here.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Forest4050

May 20, 2018
Iowa
Detector(s) used
At Pro
Whites MXT
Whites M6
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone!!! I’m from Waterloo Iowa. Been reading on this blog for several years, wanted to become a part of it!

BizzyLizzy

May 20, 2018
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all thanks for allowing me to join the site. I am from a lil ole place in Central Louisiana. I've always wanted to metal detec I just have not been able to afford one just yet but sooner or later. I find other treasure I'd like info on and hope someone is able to lend a helping hand. Thanks again.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois, Joseph, Forest and Lizzy. 🙋

kamogawa

May 29, 2011
Hi - Brian here from Indianapolis. Would like to find some detecting buddies to go hunting with. Give me a holler.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois, Brian. 🙋

Jun 12, 2018
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
XP Deus White Coils
XP Deus 11-inch
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all, I am brand new to any metal detector thread, detecting mainly out of Illinois and also throughout the US and Canada when traveling. Handle is Coinspillfinder. Detecting on-and-off for about 10 years, but largely gave up until finding out about the XP Deus.

Was using the Deus white coil on 14 KH, with Gary's Ultimate program, no discrimination and made a fantastic find. Wanted to share with all. Any help appreciated.

A very fine way to introduce to all is the find on June 6th of a fantastic and ultra-rare Indian Head, a 1909-S. It was so incredibly exciting to find this, about five inches down in a dirty patch of land.

I have not done anything to it other than rinse off the dirt. Any ideas of what to do next? Do not want to harm it in the least. Coin dealer kind of belittled it and said the wreath was half gone, which is clearly not the case:

(Note: 1909back.jpg 1909 front.jpg 1909 front : penny.jpg

Attachments

• 1909s.jpg
    1909s.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from North Central Illinois. 🙋

northwren

Jun 16, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Northern California!!
Northwren here, new to the treasure seeking community. I just bought a metal detector, not an expensive one, but something to start with...
Found my first " artifact" possibility three days ago, and Id like some insight as to whether I am on the right track...
Happy to be a part of your group, and happy to have a new hobby!!!!

Born2Scavenge

Jun 14, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi!
I'm Amanda and I'm currently located in central NC with access to a lot of private farm land. I just got my Garrett ACE 400 and I'm eager to start hunting! I have access to private property on Edisto Island, SC and in Indian Valley, VA as well. We're planning a Gettysburg (and surrounding areas) trip for later this month. I would love to connect with anyone who has any tips about any of these areas.
Thanks, and happy hunting!

RevAndy

Jun 16, 2018
RI
Detector(s) used
Teknetic 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hullo all, getting ready to hit retirement at 72, and have been checking this hobby out for the last 10 months. Did a lot of extensive reading, hit YouTube and checked out a massive amount of detecting video's, disappointed that there is no active club here in little Rhode Island. After a lot of research I settled on my MD, and hitting the dry sand beaches to get exercise and plenty of sun as the doctor ordered. Discovered this website and have adopted as my Club! Looking forward to continue my researches and cheering on the members of my new community, all I ask is patience as I begin this apprentice journey. Blessings to all.........signing off as the Scrooge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread