Makro Racer

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, add another one to the saturation list. Recently picked up a Racer Pro package and stepped outside to my test garden with the 11" coil and bam! saturation alarm. No matter what I did, just received saturation alarm. Threw on the little 5" coil and no problem whatsoever. Worked through the test garden and hit the local middle school. No fantastic finds but the Racer Pro with the 5" was definitely cleaning up whatever clad had been left over from previous visits. Worked great in a moderately trashed field. Had multiple finds that were in the hole with foil or other junk that did not throw off the signal I was receiving.

Also had great experience with support. New 11" coil is on its way to me and should have it within 2 days.

Best of luck with yours HD - 1. Hopefully we both nail some banner finds in 2016!

Happy Hunting
-TwoYewts

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe I was being a little hasty....I was really impressed with this detector when it was first introduced but after hearing of the coil issues, I held off with purchasing a Racer until it was resolved...In no hurry to get a new detector but now there is the Nokta Impact which is being introduced sometime in 2016 has caught my attention...Just want to make sure, that I purchase the detector which is right for me...

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I to have a RC26 that do little but engage the saturation alarm as soon as the Racer is switched on ........ also sent Nokta/Makro 2 videos illustrating the happenings ..... was told it was an older (first) type coil ..... had a look for a new one at our local dealers, but all they show is the same old type coil as mine and I figur the experience I've had with one of those is one to many ......... so instead I went and got a Tiger DD coil made by MARS MD in Ukraine ..... if it keep behaving nicely, it is very likely to be my favorite coil to use on the Red Racer .......
P1048959b_800.jpg
.......... ivanll

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I to have a RC26 that do little but engage the saturation alarm as soon as the Racer is switched on ........ also sent Nokta/Makro 2 videos illustrating the happenings ..... was told it was an older (first) type coil ..... had a look for a new one at our local dealers, but all they show is the same old type coil as mine and I figur the experience I've had with one of those is one to many ......... so instead I went and got a Tiger DD coil made by MARS MD in Ukraine ..... if it keep behaving nicely, it is very likely to be my favorite coil to use on the Red Racer .......
P1048959b_800.jpg
.......... ivanll
Where did you buy that from? Are you in the states?

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Correction: Racer coil above is a RC29, not RC26 as stated ........... to find a dealer look up " mars md coils"

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer & Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think there are any Mars dealers in US I've been looking at those pretty hard the last week or so. I guess a person could just order one from an European dealer and pay for shipping. Like they do when we sell them something.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea the Impact has a lot on standby. If other unit are a indication of what's to come... It should be interesting.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I tried to get a Mars MD Tiger coil from UK, France, Netherlands and Italy, none of them actually had a coil ...... so I went to eBay to look for this coil direct from Ukraine, but could only find a Tiger coil for a Garrett Ace, asked the dealer (andreyle (1582) politely if he could source a Tiger coil for the Red Racer ..... he did just that and made an eBay page with this coil just for me ..... the purchase was made at the same cost as the Ace coil and free shipping ..... postage delivery took 4 weeks, considering X-Mas/New year brakes where very little postal movement take place over here in Oz it was acceptable .... I do not intend to upset anyone by placing a link to an eBay page where this Tiger/Racer coil is now available, so search for .... "Search Coil 9x12" for Makro Racer series MarsMD Tiger (with cover)" on eBay and you should find.

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was interested in the mars goliath.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Sorry that do not get the right page ....... metal detector search coils ebay ......... will get to the right start , after that I went to page 4.

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll wait and see how this new updated coil does and just go from there

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got an email new coil has been shipped and should be here Tuesday that's a 7 day turn not bad. I've waited longer than that on priority mail. Love this customer service so far. No question asked didn't even bother with a copy of the sales receipt.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my replacement 11" coil in 3 days. Was told to toss the defective coil out. Tested the replacement coil and all is good to go now. Have to say that I'm impressed with customer service also.

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean just come home today and mine was waiting on me. 6 days from the time I sent mine in till a new one arrived.

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
I just bought a used Racer from a private seller on the "other" forum. Hoping to get out and try it this weekend, but wouldn't you know they are actually predicting some snow/sleet/crap this weekend for upstate SC! :BangHead: Oh well, I did run out and buy all the milk & bread they had in the nearest Food Lion!! :laughing7: Hopefully I will get the Racer out pretty soon and see how it does for me.

Any more tips you folks can add? Just turn on and go for now, then later start adjusting the gain, etc? What do you all typically run the disc, gain, etc, depending on location, soil, etc?

diggininms

Nov 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually run factory settings but i usually run the gain up a little. I like to run 3 tone. If i cant ground balance i turn on tracking and go. I havent noticed a loss in depth.

OP
OP
H-D 1

H-D 1

Dec 25, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in eastern Ky and we are about 20 inches right now on the snowfall. So it will be a couple of weeks before the Racer will ever start earning it's keep. Got mine for Christmas and still haven't gotten to use it. Maybe one day I'll have the chance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread