6/5/2011 ohio field hunt,monster celt find!!

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
The plan for todays hunt was for choo and I to go kayaking/creekin since all of our spots were freshly plowed and needed rain.Mother nature changed our plans last nite with 3 to 4 inches of rain.The creeks were rippin this morning so we decided to hit one of choos honey holes and the hunt got off to a killer start within the first 30 minutes.The tapered celt is 7 and half inches long and in incredible condition(the pics do it no justice),it is highly polished on the whole piece except for the bit which leads me to believe it was never used,there was about 3 inches of one face exposed when I walked up on it I had the feeling I had a hardstone piece but had no idea until I flipped it out of the dirt,and to add icing to the cake, choo found a sweet 3 inch+ point 20 feet away from where I found the celt.I found 4 good points,the intrusive mound point is a beauty,2 hafted scrapers and a few endscrapers and blades,not to mention 20 brokes.It was a killer hunt and choo found some killer flint as well(thx bro for taking me to that spot today!!).good luck hunting everyone.
IMAGE_396.jpg
IMAGE_397.jpg
greg-rocks artifact collection 561.jpg
greg-rocks artifact collection 563.jpg
greg-rocks artifact collection 564.jpg
IMAGE_398.jpg
greg-rocks artifact collection 566.jpg
greg-rocks artifact collection 567.jpg
greg-rocks artifact collection 568.jpg
greg-rocks artifact collection 573.jpg

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seem to remember some other finds of yours that were banner worthy as well. Glad to see this fine artifact up on top. It is a dandy and well deserved Banner. Was just a matter of time. I hope you bought your bud a beer on this one!!
Congratulations Greg!!!! :occasion14:
TnMtns

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
thx alot allen and ec.hey richard how u been? havent seen u around much.u been huntn any?i have been trying to get up there for a while.lol.im coming to tennessee in august for sure.maybe we can hook up for some huntn a day or two??take it easy bro!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creek astronaut said:
thx alot allen and ec.hey richard how u been? havent seen u around much.u been huntn any?i have been trying to get up there for a while.lol.im coming to tennessee in august for sure.maybe we can hook up for some huntn a day or two??take it easy bro!!

I am like bravo whiskey slipping out of the fog,lol. Doing ok had some friends loose their homes n the storms Been hunting some archaic doing ok nothing that has not been seen before though :icon_pirat: C,mon down and we will get out the boat and head down river. Proud for you on that celt. That is a worthy artifact. C'mon down.

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much hunting for me bought a new car and drive drive drive

Attachments

• RubyLovelandCastle.jpg
    RubyLovelandCastle.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,085

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
I got in late on this one that is a killer celt and the point's are nothing to sneeze at either. That celt is Banner piece for sure.

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx Kirk!!Good hearing from you,have you been getting out huntn any??Have you heard from Pick?he just fell off the earth.
lol im on earth most days,we need to kreep the korn,im heading out sun. i'll text ya, few celts ive found recently fligga,

Attachments

• IMG_20130507_105959.jpg
    IMG_20130507_105959.jpg
    669 KB · Views: 108

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread