Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I total disagree with my good friend, # 20. There is treasure to be found, if the brothers can some how can hold the water back.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm really hoping they find something.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And we may be wasting our time watching this show.
==============================================================
At least it is better watch than "Dancing With the stars" or the rest of the mindless drivel that is on the tube.
They don't call it "programming" for nothing ya know.

Hehhehheh

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
When they start the phrases,"Is it possible", "Could it be", "What if", etc. like Ancient Aliens do, I'm so done....:BangHead:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
History channel pattern: unsupported premise followed by "and if so . . ."

MUCH easier than actually doing any research or proper archaeology.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Following up on their recent finds, Rick, Marty and their partners use today's most advanced technology as well as heavy digging and drilling equipment to go deep inside the island. The Lagina brothers will be ... launching a three-prong engineering assault on their top three findings from season two: the Money Pit, 10-X and the Swamp. They also will welcome new researchers and explore intriguing theories as to what exactly is buried on Oak Island and where X marks the spot."

Read more here: Television Q&A: 'Oak Island,' 'The Fall,' 'The Brink,' 'Cedar Cove' and more | The Olympian

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
OAK ISLAND Season Three Spawns New Game Based on Video Classic “Dig Dug”
October 27, 2015 by Mechele R. Dillard
Fans of THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND are already celebrating the return of the hunt for lost treasure with the Laginas. But, now they have something else to cheer: the release of a new THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND in-browser game–available right now to play on-line!

THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND game is being released as a desktop game, but it is also mobile friendly, for those on the go (and who isn’t on the go these days?). According to History Channel, the in-browser game, officially titled “Oak Island Dig,” was inspired by the video classic “Dig Dug.” Here is more info:

OAK ISLAND DIG

This retro and nostalgic game is inspired by the classic game “Dig Dug”. The goal is to dig deeper underground to find more treasure! Beating levels or depth goals increases your score and stamina. Treasure increases your score and cash reserves to earn health, lives, and power ups. Treasure could unlock image galleries or a related video clip. You must avoid traps that entice you with nearby treasure.

Want to give the game a try? “Oak Island Dig” is available now! Play Now! THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND Season Three Spawns New Game Based on Video Classic ?Dig Dug? | TVRuckus

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sure that the brothers are running out of money. I ran out of money many years ago.

This show and those two clowns are maybe other than the bigfoot shows the biggest jokes on "the History Channel" They can dig the whole island to below sea level and they will never find a thing....because there is nothing to find.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this on for a change....... a different costume for Halloween......this time more regal and dignified, and instead of being filled with crap for five years, you get to see the full solves of BOWTH TT MAPS as Petter Amundsen has confirmed.

Enjoy.

http://www.facebook.com/secretmission4king

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Please tell us more about that big dome-shaped rock that appears on "The Secret History of..." Facebook page.

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Season 1 & 2 were as exciting as watching grass grow.

I pasted some screen shots of the season 3 trailer.

What are your thoughts????

tim

8_zpsappjpigd.png

7_zpsh81uor9s.png

1_zpsx3cn0d2x.png

3_zps8jhqyu27.png

4_zpsckt8ockg.png

2_zpsk3mmzfev.png
Gold Coin is mentioned at some point, but I think I see 2,.

5_zpshli4jprd.png

"We figured we’d bring 20 years of untapped tech to the pursuit,” said Rick Lagina.
“It’s proven less than fruitful. You can see light years into space, but you can’t look a meter or two underground for small targets with any degree of certainty… It’s been a tough slog.”

In the first new episode, the team uses nuclear magnetic resonance imaging from satellites,
like a gigantic MRI of the entire island. In a screener copy of the episode, the electromagnetic imaging showed evidence of tunnels criss-crossing the island – and of gold and other precious metals secreted within, as shown by the faint wavelengths of light they emit.

A follow-up with electrical resistivity (using an arc of current underground) confirmed a cavern underground where the images had pointed – leaving a cliffhanger for the second episode.

A headless body also appears to be at the bottom of the watery shaft where they’ve investigated for more than a year.

Last edited:

Petrik

Nov 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Day,

This is my first post upon discovering this site yesterday.

I must have read the same article in Reader's Digest when I was a kid. It seems more like it was Weekly Reader, though.

There was something there at one time. It may have long since been removed. I can't imagine anyone going to such depths for a hoax.
If there is anything there, I'm betting Knights Templar.

Regards,

Petrik

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Things are "Heating Up" leading up to... The Curse of Oak Island!

Rick and Martin.jpg

Interview with Rick & Marty Lagina: As THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND Season 3 Approaches, Brothers Express Appreciation
November 3, 2015 by Mechele R. Dillard
It has been a long process, above and below ground, in the search for treasure by the Lagina brothers, Rick and Marty. So far, we have not seen a lot of evidence that the “main” treasure, so to speak, is there, although, as fans know, there have some been some intriguing hits and finds along the way. What makes the Laginas so sure that the treasure is still there—if it ever was?

Rick Lagina is the Oak Island enthusiast, and speaking with him it is easy to hear it in his voice: THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND is more than just a show to him. He genuinely feels and believes that the treasure—whatever it is—is there.

“I cannot tell you exactly why,” Rick said, “but I do believe. Sometimes it’s your gut. Sometimes you compromise, and refuse NOT to believe. And,” he added, “we’ve made no discoveries to the contrary.”

Younger brother Marty Lagina is the skeptic of the two, as fans are well aware. But, like so many of us out here watching, Marty says he wants to be proven wrong. “I don’t quite have Rick’s faith in the deal, but I want to believe,” he said. “And you have to try until you eliminate all reasonable possibilities—and we’re not there yet.”

Marty also points out that, of all the possibilities floated to them, “We don’t think it is a hoax, because hoaxters usually create a big sensation and leave.” That is definitely not the case with Oak Island; it seems, in fact, that the belief in and hunt for the treasure rumored to be hidden there gets passed on—and taken up again—through generations. As an example of a legitimate Oak Island believer, Marty said, “We have a letter in the files from FDR and he’s writing the then-Professor Hamilton (1939).” President Roosevelt had been on the island with the Old Gold Salvage group of 1909, and according to Marty, his letter expressed an interest in returning to Oak Island someday.

The brothers are definitely not in this without a sense of humor, which is good, because a lot of things have gone wrong on the search for treasure. Like, for instance, the infamous dye test, in which they tested for outlets/caverns with green dye. The dye did end up in the sea—at least, it appeared it did. It was hard to distinguish the green dye they used from the seaweed and algae in the water, as fans of the show will well-remember.

Will they be doing the test again?

Well, without giving away any secrets for Season Three, Marty said this: “If we do the dye test we’re sure not going to use green dye,” laughing about the incident. There was some confusion when they were advised for the test, it seems, and the bore test experts chose the green dye. However, they were choosing the color not realizing that the ultimate goal was to see the dye in the sea; they were looking at a more conventional test, that would be testing the structure of the ground or soil, looking for underground shafts/caverns. In this case, the green would actually be the better choice, as it would be more visible in the ground/soil. Had they understood that the goal was to see it floating in the water—yes, they would have chosen the red dye, just as so many viewers suggested after the much-discussed episode aired.

The Laginas are living out a dream, and they realize that by doing so on THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND, it allows viewers to become a part of that dream, as well. They feel the responsibility of the need to keep the show family friendly, and do so with pride. “It is extremely gratifying,” Rick said of the show, that “people become not just entertained but invested.” They also expressed their sincere appreciation of the many words of encouragement they get from people who cheer them on. And, as Marty added, they hope that kids watching will get a real sense of what math and science can do in the real world, and that education CAN help them live out their dreams!

Of course, Marty has real-world experience in the energy business, and has brought his knowledge of math, science and oil drilling—along with that of partner Craig Tester—along to the hunt. And, as Marty indicated, although they have years of combined understanding regarding drilling to bring to the table, “We’ve been humbled, because it is a lot less similar [to oil drilling] than we thought.” One thing that has been frustrating has been the lack of speed they can get on the digs, due to varying factors, from geological conditions to not always having access to the proper equipment. “We’ve been involved in wells where we dig 800 ft. in a day, and here we are frogging around,” he says, referring to the slow descents that fans often see them take into their projects on Oak Island.

Plus, Rick adds about the overall project, “It’s a lot harder than people think.” It’s true: As viewers and armchair critics, looking back with 20/20 hindsight—not to mention footage that eliminates a lot of the more tedious aspects of the process—we tend to forget that what the Laginas are doing is a big, BIG undertaking, and no doubt has problems and implications that … well, sometimes the old saying is true: You just have to be there.

Ultimately, the brothers seem fully invested in the search for treasure on Oak Island. “If it quits being fun, then that’s probably when we quit,” Marty said. And, the legend of “the curse,” which indicates seven men must die before the treasure is found—and at last count, it had only reached six? Do they worry about it? Neither seemed concerned—Marty is a skeptic on the treasure’s very existence, after all—and true treasure believer Rick dismissed any belief in the supposed curse.

“I don’t [believe in the curse], as intriguing as it is,” Rick said, pointing out that working on such a project is simply dangerous in nature. “You have to be aware of the risks and take proper precautions.” He further added, “Do strange things happen on Oak Island? Yes, but that’s as far as I’m willing to go.”

Fans will be able to find out more about the Laginas, the status of the dig, and whether or not Rick and Marty repeat the dye test in the new season of THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND, premiering on History Channel on Tuesday, November 10, at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Get more info on Season Three of THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND right here on TVRuckus!
TVRuckus thanks Rick and Marty Lagina, as well as History Channel, for their time; we look forward to the new season of ups and downs on THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND!

Image: Courtesy of History Channel, Used with Permission

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread