Season 5

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He had a boat once.

So that makes it likely he buried treasure on Oak Island.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I love their logic. </sarcasm> If they find a British coin dated 1673, then there must have been someone there in 1673. Apparently there is no way that it could have been dropped 1, 5, 10, or even 100 years later.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not like tonight show. They wasted our time looking for single coins and not for the chests of treasures.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
since we are not "experts" and "professional" diggers----- all the PEWTER we find is actually "POOER" :tard::icon_biggrin:
like the "GOLD COYEN" the twit found last week---- but it was a button :laughing9:

the CTX 3030 must be defective :dontknow: if it can't see the difference between iron and EVERYTHING ELSE----

NAH____ just the tool swingin' it :laughing9::tongue3:

gotta get me onadoze "war rooms"

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did not like tonight show. They wasted our time looking for single coins and not for the chests of treasures.

The most interesting part was the metal that defeated the drill bit. It will be interesting when they test it: was it just some piece of machinery from an imploded dig, or older?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty lame episode last night.

Couple of old coins found... now Dan is the Lucky Charm when out swinging! 1670ish coins do prove someone was there on that exact date!
Like Keith said above... Couldn't have been dropped anytime AFTER that date. Why did they stop after 10 mins of swinging in the Dunfield spoils? I could have done that whole place in a day or two. Get back there!

Metal in one pf the grid holes? What can that mean? I did wonder what it was from. Keep gridding!

Now they have to have an Archie follow them around? That could add 10 more years to the show/search. Not sure I can stand that kind of torture! Rocks under a stump? What's that? Could this be the secret entrance to the Money Pit? Why did we go to a different part of the island? Oh yea, cause they never do much in any one spot.

Now we wait till next week... New spiral hole right to the treasure??? Stay tuned!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Literally millions upon millions of dollars being spent over the past few years. Yet another Treasure hunter who wasn't bright enough to realize he already had Treasure a plenty and was blowing it all! I know, it's the hunt, not the treasure. Following that reasoning though, chasing woman cost me a fortune too and in the end one just ends up with some overused spank bank memories and hefty child support and alimony payments the next 18+ years!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta say I've watched Every episode.What IS the treasure to be found ? I think,its something really BIG (historically). Not just a pile of gold coins.

skybolt

Dec 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty lame episode last night.

Couple of old coins found... now Dan is the Lucky Charm when out swinging! 1670ish coins do prove someone was there on that exact date!
Like Keith said above... Couldn't have been dropped anytime AFTER that date. Why did they stop after 10 mins of swinging in the Dunfield spoils? I could have done that whole place in a day or two. Get back there!

Metal in one pf the grid holes? What can that mean? I did wonder what it was from. Keep gridding!

Now they have to have an Archie follow them around? That could add 10 more years to the show/search. Not sure I can stand that kind of torture! Rocks under a stump? What's that? Could this be the secret entrance to the Money Pit? Why did we go to a different part of the island? Oh yea, cause they never do much in any one spot.

Now we wait till next week... New spiral hole right to the treasure??? Stay tuned!

I'm just glad that the archaeologist wasn't around when I was landscaping my backyard and found a couple of large rocks near my patio.

As was mentioned above, there were residents on the island in the early to mid 1700's. It's not impossible to believe that they were using coins minted 50-75 years prior. Heck, at any given day, I have change in my pocket dating back at least 50/60 years. In any case, who cares about finding these relatively inexpensive coins five years into the show. The whole point is not whether or not someone had been on the island 250-350 years ago, but whether there's any buried treasure there. I'm sure that these type of coins can be found all over the place throughout North America if we dug 140 ft holes everywhere.

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like I don't havta waste an hour next Sunday to watch.

Time would be better spent getting a root canal, me thinks....8-)

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
They only spend a short time at each place..off to the next. What they need for the coin hunt a 1/2 dozen metal detect hunters to go over the whole island, then we can concentrate on the big drill outfit. They need a bushel of coins to pay for the mounting expenses.OH to be a hunter on OAK ISLAND, a coin hnter...one better watch out the Government could arrive wanting the coins.. they always want something.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty close to the most useless episode over the hole 5 seasons I thought. They did nothing and found nothing related to treasure.. What a waste of time. This is what I was worried about with this series what they would have to include to fill up a whole series.

The ONLY bit I am interested in now is the pattern drilling of the pit area. This is where they will show once and for all no treasure is buried there.

On a side note I thought the Australian Government was the most anal in the world with regulations... Now I am beginning to think Canada's is even worse... What a joke that you need an archeologist for every little hole you dig anywhere. No wonder people hide discoveries and do not tell the Government.... Nothing would ever get built with these kinds of ridiculous rules.

Heaven forbid if an old piece of spoon goes missing...

Once again this show was so frustrating with NO follow up from the last episode. Nothing about the explosion of water coming out of C1 last time. No one to explain why it happened. No one to theorize on what it meant for how the holes were linked. The most interesting thing from last episode simply ignored.

For example why not try the dye test in C1 and see where the water is actually coming from..

Last edited:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
On a side note I thought the Australian Government was the most anal in the world with regulations... Now I am beginning to think Canada's is even worse... What a joke that you need an archeologist for every little hole you dig anywhere. No wonder people hide discoveries and do not tell the Government.... Nothing would ever get built with these kinds of ridiculous rules.

Heaven forbid if an old piece of spoon goes missing...

This restriction is only for designated historic sites or whatever they are called in Canada. If I could bear to watch the episode again, I would go back and find where he read that part of the letter.

Once again this show was so frustrating with NO follow up from the last episode. Nothing about the explosion of water coming out of C1 last time. No one to explain why it happened. No one to theorize on what it meant for how the holes were linked. The most interesting thing from last episode simply ignored.

For example why not try the dye test in C1 and see where the water is actually coming from..

Didn't they do a dye test at one point? I remember seeing video of something like that or maybe it was in a preview for this season.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
\Didn't they do a dye test at one point? I remember seeing video of something like that or maybe it was in a preview for this season.
That was showing the one they tried in 10X from the first season (was on the what has happened so far - pre start of this season episodes).

This restriction is only for designated historic sites or whatever they are called in Canada
That would mean they have declared all of Oak Island a historic site.. What a joke...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread