Season 5

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be good way to get a 33' diameter hole excavated there. It seems they don't have too much extra money budgeted beyond what was spent this year. What would be the ratio of the additional cost to do a big dig like this compared to the 3 they sunk this year - X10 , X100, or X1000?
The actual cost was relatively cheap to get to the bottom , 1 Million for the concrete piles , 200,000 for the grouting of the bottom and sides and about a 1 million for excavation ( we also had to blast through some limestone in the center) we also had to excavate another 120 feet horizontally once we reached the bottom to tie into a sewer tunnel. It took about 4 months to do start to finish . ... I don't know what the OI boys spent per hole over the last 2 years .. but a little over 2 million for a big , safe, dry hole is pretty darn cheap

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How was it proven? and please don't say because no one has dug it up... If Chapel made a death bed confession, that would be different..

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How was it proven? and please don't say because no one has dug it up... If Chapel made a death bed confession, that would be different..

Still waiting on one factual, proven, empirical piece of evidence. None have ever been brought forth.....

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, but that does not prove that Chapel was lying.. only that it hasn't been found.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, but that does not prove that Chapel was lying.. only that it hasn't been found.

He stated that he found a vault. Its been proven that a vault never existed. He was lying.

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He stated that he found a vault. Its been proven that a vault never existed. He was lying.

Theyre afraid of flood tunnels ... Im not coffer.jpg LOL

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your thinking that Dunfield would have found it in his digging, if you look at his holes he could easily miss alot of stuff the way he had them tapered down and really only dug deep in certain spots. I've never seen a picture that he dug or anywhere else on the island that was 100' in diameter and 100' deep or more the full diameter all the way down, because they could not do that without serious bracing walls which they did not use...

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

He found the side chamber that was at the bottom of the pit.

Last time they found it they called it the Chapel Vault, then afterwards called it the chamber at the bottom of 10x

They claim that they found it the second time by dowsing ?

They had extensive maps from FDR's crew there, as well as surveys that held perfect points of reference from all over the island.

This being done professionally by the Halifax-based crews that were there for years.

Basically the Blankenship + Lagina Partnership came onboard and based on the assumption of the facts, realized that the only leftover info about the area related to the Nolan Cross.......

Fred Nolan held out and feuded over the affairs with Blankenship, about them trying to turn it into a tourist trap, and he was constantly denying the new partnership access to the rest of the puzzle pieces there.

Only when someone said that there was something discovered in Shakespeare that was leading to the cross did ANYONE get access

He was the ONLY one that was granted access.....they wouldn't even let the Laginas there, as they knew that they were trying to take over the whole island, and make it a joke, erasing the history of it all to make it into the "Treasure Island" of lore.

Nolan was the strongest resistance to this *******ization of history there......as the English have constantly tried to alter evidence and leave a trail of completely absurd theories behind, as they claimed their sovereignty was that of the crown.

The issue dates back to the original explorers there being the French and Spanish, that were chasing out the Pirates of Ingram and Drake's Triangle Trade racket.....then the French colony was settled in the area, then the English come through and proclaim themselves sovereigns over the whole Continent?

See where this goes?

The embarrassment of having been ruled over by literal Pirates that were using the colonies for their affairs became a little too obsessive and the natural resistance to such corruption was known as "The Great Rebellion".

By the time this BS Colonization of the Continent was going full bore with the men in Boston, we see the first tales of Green Lanterns on the Island in Nova Scotia.

The Green Dragon Pub......the Sons of Liberty......etc etc etc

The show is enraptured in the tales of a regal treasure, yet leaves no king or kingdom to have set it into motion?

In that time, there were only two types of people that were able to navigate the ATLANTIC OCEAN......Kings and their regents.......Or the Pirates that were under employ of them.

Why do you think the Spanish Armada was sent to blockade the English Fleets shortly after Ingram was discovered there in Nova Scotia?

Because they had been caught Pirating the waters off of Acadia, and using Oak Island as their camp.

The French captain M. Champagne was the first to find the captain "scuttled" on the shores of Cape Breton on the southern coast, and when interrogated about the reasons for their presence there, he concocted the story that was known as the "Impossible Walk", later claiming that at the end of it had been camped on the Island, 60 miles west of the rescue point. This places them right on OAK ISLAND

Now with all this History available for a real documentary to be shown lasting 100 shows....you would think it would follow the KNOWN and WRITTEN history of the area?

But nothing was ever shown, as they continue to reveal the answers to parts of the mystery, and then sweep it under the rug of their own viewer base's opinions......don't forget the two tag-a-long's Pulitzer and Wolters and their ponzi front of pseudo sciences.....

Advertisements pay a lot of money to be seen on these podcasts apparently....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So many vaults being found......

LOL

Geez wonder why they claim to have found one and can't show an entrance to anyone?

cause its not on Oak Island.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He found the side chamber that was at the bottom of the pit.

Last time they found it they called it the Chapel Vault, then afterwards called it the chamber at the bottom of 10x

They claim that they found it the second time by dowsing ?

They had extensive maps from FDR's crew there, as well as surveys that held perfect points of reference from all over the island.

This being done professionally by the Halifax-based crews that were there for years.

Basically the Blankenship + Lagina Partnership came onboard and based on the assumption of the facts, realized that the only leftover info about the area related to the Nolan Cross.......

Fred Nolan held out and feuded over the affairs with Blankenship, about them trying to turn it into a tourist trap, and he was constantly denying the new partnership access to the rest of the puzzle pieces there.

Only when someone said that there was something discovered in Shakespeare that was leading to the cross did ANYONE get access

He was the ONLY one that was granted access.....they wouldn't even let the Laginas there, as they knew that they were trying to take over the whole island, and make it a joke, erasing the history of it all to make it into the "Treasure Island" of lore.

Nolan was the strongest resistance to this *******ization of history there......as the English have constantly tried to alter evidence and leave a trail of completely absurd theories behind, as they claimed their sovereignty was that of the crown.

The issue dates back to the original explorers there being the French and Spanish, that were chasing out the Pirates of Ingram and Drake's Triangle Trade racket.....then the French colony was settled in the area, then the English come through and proclaim themselves sovereigns over the whole Continent?

See where this goes?

The embarrassment of having been ruled over by literal Pirates that were using the colonies for their affairs became a little too obsessive and the natural resistance to such corruption was known as "The Great Rebellion".

By the time this BS Colonization of the Continent was going full bore with the men in Boston, we see the first tales of Green Lanterns on the Island in Nova Scotia.

The Green Dragon Pub......the Sons of Liberty......etc etc etc

The show is enraptured in the tales of a regal treasure, yet leaves no king or kingdom to have set it into motion?

In that time, there were only two types of people that were able to navigate the ATLANTIC OCEAN......Kings and their regents.......Or the Pirates that were under employ of them.

Why do you think the Spanish Armada was sent to blockade the English Fleets shortly after Ingram was discovered there in Nova Scotia?

Because they had been caught Pirating the waters off of Acadia, and using Oak Island as their camp.

The French captain M. Champagne was the first to find the captain "scuttled" on the shores of Cape Breton on the southern coast, and when interrogated about the reasons for their presence there, he concocted the story that was known as the "Impossible Walk", later claiming that at the end of it had been camped on the Island, 60 miles west of the rescue point. This places them right on OAK ISLAND

Now with all this History available for a real documentary to be shown lasting 100 shows....you would think it would follow the KNOWN and WRITTEN history of the area?

But nothing was ever shown, as they continue to reveal the answers to parts of the mystery, and then sweep it under the rug of their own viewer base's opinions......don't forget the two tag-a-long's Pulitzer and Wolters and their ponzi front of pseudo sciences.....

Advertisements pay a lot of money to be seen on these podcasts apparently....

No side chamber or any chamber was ever found... once the investor's money dried up, so did his storyline...........

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your thinking that Dunfield would have found it in his digging, if you look at his holes he could easily miss alot of stuff the way he had them tapered down and really only dug deep in certain spots. I've never seen a picture that he dug or anywhere else on the island that was 100' in diameter and 100' deep or more the full diameter all the way down, because they could not do that without serious bracing walls which they did not use...
He didnt shore anything , he dug straight down with a clam bucket, the soil will naturally stabilize itself creating what is called the "angle of repose" or the big V shape, the deeper you dig the wider it gets at the top to keep the angle. The same thing happens when you dump a pile of loose dirt or gravel only its inverted... He might have had better luck if he dug on the south side of the Hedden shaft

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
What I am saying is, with current tech, doing a sloped pit 100' by 100' is a viable option. Clear out all the debris and artifacts. They will know, for certain, what this island is all about. Then they can do a proper excavation further. As for permits and other non-sense, this can all be avoided with money.

IF I had the money, this is what I would do:

Get the officials off my back. I don't care if it took monthly lifetime pay-offs.

In the dead of winter, start the digging process.

Build coffer damns around the island where the money pit is.

Excavate the whole money pit area with a 100' by 100' area.

Get as much volunteer help as possible to sort through all the finds.

Film the whole thing for future generations and donate it to someone who cares.

Once the pit was dug, I would drill holes in the whole bottom of the pit to continue to see if there was anything else.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only decent finds have been with the metal detector.....why not have a team combing that Island?

I love the story, but it always seemed odd that if a treasure was buried there, they would leave their block and tackle hanging over the pit.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From everything I have read Chapel did not know if he was drilling in the original pit or not. Even if he was in the pit as they showed with their own geo tech drilling at those depths the drill shaft often was not straight down. I believe Chapel probably just drilled into another searches old shaft. No one else that has searched since has been able to find any evidence of the "alleged" vault. All people find is left overs of other searchers. At least 100 drill holes have been made since.

40 holes were drilled in the 1960s alone

geo-tech.jpg

I believe Chapel probably just drilled into an old searcher tunnel like this one

mineshaft.jpg

source: https://www.oakislandtours.ca/uploa..._island_mystery_toronto_les_m_may_22_2013.pdf

If the vault still existed the Laginas would of discovered it with their Geo tech drilling as would the guys who drilled in the 1960s.

I now believe Chapels vault was created from wishful thinking by Chapel when he drilled into an old shaft....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I am saying is, with current tech, doing a sloped pit 100' by 100' is a viable option. Clear out all the debris and artifacts. They will know, for certain, what this island is all about. Then they can do a proper excavation further. As for permits and other non-sense, this can all be avoided with money.

IF I had the money, this is what I would do:

Get the officials off my back. I don't care if it took monthly lifetime pay-offs.

In the dead of winter, start the digging process.

Build coffer damns around the island where the money pit is.

Excavate the whole money pit area with a 100' by 100' area.

Get as much volunteer help as possible to sort through all the finds.

Film the whole thing for future generations and donate it to someone who cares.

Once the pit was dug, I would drill holes in the whole bottom of the pit to continue to see if there was anything else.

The govt officials are off of their back. The too finally realized there is nothing to be found on hoax island. Even the archeologist they hired can barely manage to stay awake at the “war room” meetings...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only decent finds have been with the metal detector.....
There have been ZERO finds made in the last 200+ years that support treasure being buried on OI. The metal detector finds at best only support that human activity has been going on at OI for a few hundred years at least. NO ONE is questioning that. Everyone excepts that as a proven fact. Even Dan said as much on the last episode... I would guess OI is probably one of the most metal detected places on the planet. To start with Fred Nolan had a metal detector and had been searching OI for years...

If the value of everything ever found on OI over the last 200 years is totaled it would not sell for the $25,000 that they told us 1 day delay on their drilling operation was costing.

Nothing treasure related could justify spending more money digging up this island.....

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s the rock that was hit that ended the latest drill hole!

7E9F956F-5799-4F41-A3D6-D6F578F97D17.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread