Metal Detecting

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A fatal mistake as it looks like it ruined a $2000 - $5000 scanner. Fired on the spot! Long walk home from OI!

Not necessarily true. Could be depositor, searcher or a natural cavity... Lets do Rock, paper, scissors to see what one!

Like I said above.... could be any one of the 3 but they have dug here, have had core samples and even a 6' caisson hole.... looks to be nothing to me.

Yea I looked them up... Chaper 11! :occasion14:

So when they pull up the caisson, they hope the "Chapel Vault" will fall back into the hole like it was before the caisson moved it? OMG, give it up! I was gonna take some pics of this nonsense as it is total Tom Foolerie!
Dunfield filled in a 100'x100'+ hole with all the rubbish he pulled up and could bury. That might create pockets and voids as I am sure he didn't really care about creating sink holes and voids.... he just wanted off the island.
IF they pushed it down and off to the side when they drilled , I cant understand the reasoning that it could magically pull itself back UP to the original position ...... more drama .. drill another hole

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I understand the Sonar screen they were showing but when it showed the "Right Angle" it just kinda ended, and didn't go across the full screen as the device rotated in the hole and the "Right Angle" rotated on the screen the ends never got longer per say. Like it was just a cave with an angle if you will... Shouldn't the lines off the corner have gotten longer as it rotated around on the screen to where it had room to show it...

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
in regards to the vault and money pit, they need to dig a large hole nearing 200 feet about 60 feet round. Then sift through all the spoils and put this to rest once and for all. This nickel/dime procedure they are doing is costing more money than just digging.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not sure if I understand the Sonar screen they were showing but when it showed the "Right Angle" it just kinda ended, and didn't go across the full screen as the device rotated in the hole and the "Right Angle" rotated on the screen the ends never got longer per say. Like it was just a cave with an angle if you will... Shouldn't the lines off the corner have gotten longer as it rotated around on the screen to where it had room to show it...

I think all this was because of the water that got in the sonar.... all happened about the same time. Look, a right angle, boom, sonar dies cause of water leak. End show and speculate of a new tunnel or cavern under ground!

Tune in next week when........

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
in regards to the vault and money pit, they need to dig a large hole nearing 200 feet about 60 feet round. Then sift through all the spoils and put this to rest once and for all. This nickel/dime procedure they are doing is costing more money than just digging.

60ft is not enough..... and 200ft may not be enough..... It will always be just out of the investigated area.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sonar clearly showed a right angle and the sonar tech said... "It could be a tunnel" BOOM! Proof!

It showed (at naseum again) yet another example of the natural common underground passages carved by nature. Meh...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having the robot submersible flood internally was on purpose. That way it can't be stated on the show that the hole contained.....NOTHING
Ha ha... You are such a cynic my friend..

So the premise is.. They got the right angle on the sonar BUT then nothing else showed up.. They wanted to drag this out for a few more weeks so got the guys to bring up the camera and organize an equipment failure (loosen the water proof casing or remove O ring) and send the camera back down. They then show equipment failure and leave us with the "tantalizing" prospect that a cavity exists there. Now they can justify a couple of episodes with a diver etc before they admit nothing is found/no cavity....

:laughing7: One would hope the Laginas have not "sunk" to that level yet.......

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Ha ha... You are such a cynic my friend..

So the premise is.. They got the right angle on the sonar BUT then nothing else showed up.. They wanted to drag this out for a few more weeks so got the guys to bring up the camera and organize an equipment failure (loosen the water proof casing or remove O ring) and send the camera back down. They then show equipment failure and leave us with the "tantalizing" prospect that a cavity exists there. Now they can justify a couple of episodes with a diver etc before they admit nothing is found/no cavity....

:laughing7: One would hope the Laginas have not "sunk" to that level yet.......

Sonar from the bot shows nothing of consequence. I doubt anyone would engineer what you are suggesting HOWEVER, there was more to that scene we weren't shown.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the History Channel.

They wouldn't do any editing, or use multiple takes, or tamper with history.

:occasion18:

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't notice a scale. Perhaps it was so limited the sonar was just looking at the inside of the bore hole. Was it 6 inches or 40, I've forgotten. Anyway, malfunctioning equipment delivers faulty data. Useless. This why they fix stuff.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much shown on that last episode really.

The rubber(ish) pipes found in that concrete surely must mean it is modern. It looks like it was used as a tank or trough to me. Why have they not yet got a piece of the concrete analysied. This will show is date (range) origin by what the recipe/mixture is. It seems very unlikely if those pipes are modern that the concrete could not be modern. The speculation by Marty that someone drilled holes in the "Ancient" concrete to put modern rubber hose/pipes in is just ridiculous..

H8 spoils are pretty ho hum... A bit more "parchment" maybe another piece of bone and a heap of wood... They made it seem like the reports of "possible" gold on the drill by Chappel were contemporary with the drilling operation at the time. THEY WERE NOT! The reports of gold (which ONLY Chappel was meant to have seen) were not first reported until 30 years later.... The first reports of this gold were used to try help raise funds for another treasure search...

I do not find R.Sullivan credible. His claims are not supported by the early documentation or by others who have published books/reports on OI. His theory about Bacon just seems crazy to me.

The speculation on the "ancient" slipway which is meant to exist under the modern pier are interesting. I do hope they get the timber dated..

(Latest episode: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x72bvcj )

Last edited:

cachenut

Jan 31, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is so e assy to make fun and I enjoy it too. But there may be treasure there. Negativity is always possible to express for some reason but then so it positivity.

I read in some of the documentation on the internet that some searchers used concrete to try to block the flow of water to the pit. Can this be some of theirs.

Maybe the rubber pipes are from the spartans who made it to oak island too. I heard they were early developers of rubber stuff.

Got an appointment so I have to go now.

Joe.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP DĂ©us & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Episode full of Yawns!

Gazzahk gave a pretty good summary of what I watched. .2 on the excitement scale!

Nobody drilled through ancient concrete cause that's recent concrete with in and out pipes in it! (Supply & return)

I liked all the hammer grabs shots.... last was the best.... EMPTY!!!! Looks like Chaples vault didn't fall back into the hole! Haha... like that could ever happen.

Sullivan's Bacon theories are absurd. Lets take manuscripts across an unexplored ocean, dig hundreds of feet of tunnels and a hole to hide these manuscripts in a Mercury filled Lead chest at the bottom... ahhhhh sure, sounds plausible... next you will tell me Tom didn't find all those Gold coins in the sidewalk tear-outs!

I can't even remember the previews for next week... anyone? More lame stuff or we gonna see some action?

goldnsilver

Jun 25, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID
Vintage 1980's
Whites Goldmaster
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sullivan was right. Bacon was on Oak Island. So was ham & eggs, and a good cup of coffee.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't even remember the previews for next week... anyone? More lame stuff or we gonna see some action?

Even more sadly - the preview implies that the soil next to H8 and the Mega-Can-Digger collapses, thus ending the season at the Money Pit.

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Even more sadly - the preview implies that the soil next to H8 and the Mega-Can-Digger collapses, thus ending the season at the Money Pit.

Ooh I cant wait..... This island with its sinkholes has been baffling bafoons for century's.

Obviously it must be another treasure chamber that caused the collapse.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread