A strong start - season 6

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even more sadly - the preview implies that the soil next to H8 and the Mega-Can-Digger collapses, thus ending the season at the Money Pit.

Yes, thank you. I now remember dozing off at that point. Looks like they are pulling the can up and the the 6' hole looks to be collapsing in on its self. Wonder if they will move off to the left or right and do another hole?

I never thought it would be a good idea to remove the caisson... looks to be unstable and collapse is imminent.

So close to discovering the Money Pit again!!!

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
From what I heard, I can say a lot is being held back in concerns to the show...for now. I can also say that the parchment with the ink on it is the lynch pin to the entire thing.

Lastly, there were many holes drilled down into the pit in the 1800s. Is it possible that drills can shred books?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lastly, there were many holes drilled down into the pit in the 1800s. Is it possible that drills can shred books?

Sadly, yes. Unfortunately we may never know if that was important or historically significant because it has now been, or previously was, destroyed with abusive "recovery" techniques.

Or it was from a Pringles container or comic book Dan Blankenship dropped in the hole when he was digging 10-X.

Last edited:

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The recent spoils have to be taken with a grain of salt, more fluff if ya will as that hose Jack was using.... what was the PSI rate of that? Looked like it could peel paint off a truck. Is that optimal for finding things in dirt that was dug up from a hole? No way!

Sad for me to say this but... Cough, planted.... Cough, evidence.... Oh man, looks like my cold is back. :occasion14:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse Of Oak Island...Is Just...Unstoppable!

Tuesday February 12th, 2019...cable ratings: ‘Curse of Oak Island’ defeats NBA, ‘WWE

The History Channel series broke through to the highest slot on the chart when it recovered to a 0.8 rating in adults 18-49, up one-tenth of a point from the 0.7 it scored last week. This performance is all the more impressive considering the substantial challenge from the second place finisher, in which the Boston Celtics played the Philadelphia 76ers on TNT. The game received a 0.7 rating, which it shared with “WWE Smackdown” in third place.

ShowNetTimeTotal viewers (000s)18-49 rating
CURSE OF OAK ISLANDHISTORY9:00 PM3,7000.8
NBA BASKETBALL: CELTICS/76ERSTNT8:13 PM1,8030.7
WWE SMACKDOWN: WWE SMACKDOWNUSA8:00 PM2,0340.7
COLLEGE BKBL REG SSN — DUKE/LOUISVILLEESPN9:08 PM1,8750.6
Cable Ratings.jpg

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tuesday February 12th, 2019...cable ratings: ‘Curse of Oak Island’ defeats NBA, ‘WWE

The History Channel series broke through to the highest slot on the chart when it recovered to a 0.8 rating in adults 18-49, up one-tenth of a point from the 0.7 it scored last week. This performance is all the more impressive considering the substantial challenge from the second place finisher, in which the Boston Celtics played the Philadelphia 76ers on TNT. The game received a 0.7 rating, which it shared with “WWE Smackdown” in third place.

COLLEGE BKBL REG SSN — DUKE/LOUISVILLEESPN9:08 PM1,8750.6
View attachment 1680846

BAD ROBOT!

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

COLLEGE BKBL REG SSN – DUKE/LOUISVILLEESPN9:08 PM1,8750.6
View attachment 1680846

Comparing a “meh” reality show to other “meh” shows........Meh

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what years Franklin Roosevelt was connected with Oak Island?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1909 - 1911

Do you know if FDR remained interested in Oak Island as a stockholder after 1911 till after he was President? The reason I am asking I have articles coming up on a blogsite of a fellow treasure hunter. Do not know if I can supply a link? You can not post there but there are links to other sites. Anyway FDR when he was President was approached by Henry A. Wallace, Secretary of Agriculture in 1934 about placing the reverse of the US Treasury Seal on the reverse of a US Coin. FDR recommended placing the Observe and the Reverse on the back of a US One Dollar Bill. The US Treasury Seal tells you how to find and locate the Ark of the Covenant of God. I was trying to find out if FDR knew about what was on the US Treasury Seal as he and HA Wallace were both 32nd Degree Master Masons.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Do you know if FDR remained interested in Oak Island as a stockholder after 1911 till after he was President? The reason I am asking I have articles coming up on a blogsite of a fellow treasure hunter. Do not know if I can supply a link? You can not post there but there are links to other sites. Anyway FDR when he was President was approached by Henry A. Wallace, Secretary of Agriculture in 1934 about placing the reverse of the US Treasury Seal on the reverse of a US Coin. FDR recommended placing the Observe and the Reverse on the back of a US One Dollar Bill. The US Treasury Seal tells you how to find and locate the Ark of the Covenant of God. I was trying to find out if FDR knew about what was on the US Treasury Seal as he and HA Wallace were both 32nd Degree Master Masons.

I know FDR kept tabs on OI until his death.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then FDR must not have known the secret.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FDR figured out the SECRET.....He was being milked out of his money by hoaxers............

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FDR figured out the SECRET.....He was being milked out of his money by hoaxers............

Do you have any documents or letters to verify then just your speculations?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What did FDR learn at Oak Island?

Make big promises.

Add layers and layers.

Produce nothing.

That's just how The New Deal made government huge and citizens dependent on it. ;-)

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did FDR learn at Oak Island?

Make big promises.

Add layers and layers.

Produce nothing.

That's just how The New Deal made government huge and citizens dependent on it. ;-)

Yes but it keep millions of poor souls from starving to death during the Great Depression. Our government is still strong and solvent today if rich politicians would stop giving all the money to the rich. When I worked for about $20,000 a year I paid more taxes than Amazon. The money Amazon made last year is more than one half million workers liked me could earn. Yet Amazon 0 in tax dollars and the one half million had or was forced to pay over $3.5 Billion of their $11 Billion earned. So do not lay all of that about FDR on America for the condition we are in_______It is the rich that are causing all of the problems. Now back to Nothing on Oak Island.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So tonight's show was a complete waste - ghosts only. The only good part was Matty as narrator was more interesting than the standard narrator. It looks like the show picks up again next week with actual content.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!! Fred Nolan never spent a night on the island.... That is truly amazing.. That he traveled everyday to his house and left at sunset.... I am stunned...

The rest started of OK. The ghost stories about the shinny eyed dog and the British soldier ghosts are also told in J.steeles book. They are legends..

The black cloud and possessed cast members...hmmm

The ghost hunter was just rubbish

The line of the show: I do not want to just jump to conclusions....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread