SEASON 8

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost all vague answers to which your not tied down to anything yet again. 2 or 3 sets of people where digging before the story got out to hear some say. I'm asking what ya'll think. Not looking for answers like I don't know, to the questions of do you think they dug a hole. You have to be thinking something to keep playing along. I give up the goose. Ya'll have fun...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well yesterday, I located all the treasures of Great Britain up until the time of King John about 1216 AD. Today, I located the cave or tomb where King Arthur was kept during the Winter of 579AD in Kentucky. Yes in Kentucky. What have all you been doing posting "hit me first" no you "hit me first." I do not go for that kind of talk or work. I work. I get things done. And eventually the whole World will see what I have done.
Let me guess.........you used GE..:laughing7:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yesterday, I located all the treasures of Great Britain up until the time of King John about 1216 AD. Today, I located the cave or tomb where King Arthur was kept during the Winter of 579AD in Kentucky. Yes in Kentucky. What have all you been doing posting "hit me first" no you "hit me first." I do not go for that kind of talk or work. I work. I get things done. And eventually the whole World will see what I have done.

LOL.....Even found the tomb of fictional story book character....

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And people on here wonder why we are skeptical, LMFAO

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost all vague answers to which your not tied down to anything yet again. 2 or 3 sets of people where digging before the story got out to hear some say. I'm asking what ya'll think. Not looking for answers like I don't know, to the questions of do you think they dug a hole. You have to be thinking something to keep playing along. I give up the goose. Ya'll have fun...

I really don't know what the heck you are talking about... Vague answers? Why do you feel we need to be "tied down" to a viewpoint? Where the heck does that attitude come from other than your desire for character assassination? Why are we supposed to give a concrete answer about some hypothetical situation you've provided that has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not someone buried treasure there hundreds of years earlier?

There is no way to prove a negative. So there is nothing we can do to prove anything to you. There IS something you can do to prove it to US.... show us decent evidence. So the only role we can play in this discussion is one of "peer reviewer". It's not up to us to provide you with answers or be tied down to anything. Why are you expecting us to play any other role?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easy to not take a stand so that you can nick pick every little thing any one says regardless of which way it is going since your not on either side... You get to say no they didn't dig a hole. Yet never give even a thought on what then started it all. Surely these folks that don't believe the hole was EVER dug, atleast have some thoughts as to how it got started then.. Some won't even admit which side of hole they are on. Yes they did dig a hole or no they didn't. They just say there is no proof they did dig a hole. I have to assume at that point that they think that NO THEY DID NOT DIG A HOLE.. I'm asking what do you THINK. All I'm asking is to take a stand, stance, opinion and say it but word as just like that, not like it is a fact... Some of these folks are probably on the Bigfoot forums and all they ever say is WHERE IS THE PROOF... I'm not asking you or anyone to prove anything as I know it can't happen. Please get past that...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think SOME of the nay sayers take the vague approach as they don't want to be called out IF there ever is some kind of treasure found or proof of something that they currently don't believe in.. They have left the door open to say well now there is the proof.. Yet half of them would say it was planted and the cycle starts again..

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well yesterday, I located all the treasures of Great Britain up until the time of King John about 1216 AD.
Today, I located the cave or tomb where King Arthur was kept during the Winter of 579AD in Kentucky. Yes in Kentucky.
What have all you been doing posting "hit me first" no you "hit me first." I do not go for that kind of talk or work.
I work. I get things done. And eventually the whole World will see what I have done.
...and you located the tomb of King Arthur from extensive research reading the self published books of those British quasi-historians charlatans, Alan Wilson and Baram Blacknett (Andrew Terry).
No legitimate historian take their alternative fabrications seriously.
PS: King Arthur was a fictional character.

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think SOME of the nay sayers take the vague approach as they don't want to be called out IF there ever is some kind of treasure found or proof of something that they currently don't believe in.. They have left the door open to say well now there is the proof.. Yet half of them would say it was planted and the cycle starts again..

I believe you are completely wrong on this. I'm not being vague. I just don't have an opinion and see no reason to create an opinion on something that doesn't appear to me to have any relavance. The fact that you want to force us to take an opinion on such an irrelevant point really baffles me.

What is your opinion on whether or not the boys were in fact transvestites who liked to wear red panties under their clothes? I demand you take a stand on this important issue! Wait.... don't be vague now! Do you see what I mean?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe you are completely wrong on this. I'm not being vague. I just don't have an opinion and see no reason to create an opinion on something that doesn't appear to me to have any relavance. The fact that you want to force us to take an opinion on such an irrelevant point really baffles me.

What is your opinion on whether or not the boys were in fact transvestites who liked to wear red panties under their clothes? I demand you take a stand on this important issue! Wait.... don't be vague now! Do you see what I mean?
That may be deemed as insensitive to those whom are gender confused, haha....got ya :laughing7:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Over the years you have made many fantastical claims stating that you have found multitudes of legendary treasures. Yet NOT ONCE have you produced a single shred of evidence or artifact.

All done while sitting behind a computer, reading fictional material and trying to pass fiction as fact in hopes for relevancy in the crypto community where you worship fiction writers such as amundsen, muir, etc., yet while never locating and digging a site to produce real results.

Of course you are not alone here as we have others trying to pass off photo shopped images of “vaults”, claiming their hoards of gold was given to the Russians and dropped out of a plane, etc.

Now is your chance to prove us wrong and show us even just one treasure that you found, retrieved, and documented.

Also, stating that you found a treasure but cannot access it due to (fill in the blank with franklin’s typical excuses) will further erode your credibility (as if there is any left)....

Last edited:

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... Yet never give even a thought on what then started it all. Surely these folks that don't believe the hole was EVER dug, at least have some thoughts as to how it got started then.. ...

You really think this "hole" thing is pertinent to the discussion. I'm really trying to figure out how you think it proves something. I think from the statement above I MAY understand what you are trying to get at. But I DON'T want to put words in your mouth. So please correct me if I am wrong.

The only reason I can come up with for you caring about whether or not a hole was dug before the first treasure hunters decided to come dig is that you are trying to imply that treasure hunters would only come to Oak Island if the story was really good and believable. If the story wasn't believable, then why would they come to OI? And you seem to be implying that if there was no hole (or remnants of a hole) already in the ground, then it wouldn't be AS believable of a story. And if treasure hunters believe a story is believable, then there is more of a chance that it could be true. The idea of trying to pin down the "something that had to start it" is likely due to trying to again lend credence to the original story.

But here are the problems with all of that.

1. The opinions of treasure hunters as to whether or not a story is worth pursuing does not make the story true.

2. You can have a REALLY believable story and yet that story can still be false.

3. Whether or not someone already dug a hole does not ON ITS OWN make the story more or less believable because a hole can be faked. If you are deciding whether or not to spend millions of dollars digging up an area, I would hope the presence/absence of a hand dug hole on the property would be way down on your list of considerations.

4. There are literally thousands of treasure hunters in the world. If one treasure hunter believes a story and comes to dig, that means 999 other treasure hunters may NOT have believed the story and stayed home! Why are you only concentrating on the treasure hunters who came to dig and ignore the hundreds/thousands of treasure hunters who may have decided that the story was NOT credible?

5. There are a lot of gullible treasure hunters in the world.

6. All of this comes down to... "why would treasure hunters come dig if it wasn't a good story?". Answers: Because they are stupid? Gullible? Why do treasure hunters ask some stranger on the Internet to dowse a photo and tell them where to dig? Why do treasure hunters believe that a coat hanger attached to a Casio calculator can detect micro fine gold a mile away but ignore the gold ring on their own left hand? I don't think we can use the beliefs of treasure hunters as evidence of the validity of a given treasure story.

If I am off base then perhaps we could move forward if you simply try and help us understand why the heck it matters whether or not a hole was dug. "It had to start somewhere" has no bearing on whether or not someone buried treasure 100 feet down hundreds of years ago. Everything "had to start somewhere". That doesn't make everything true or worth pursuing.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Our friend Franklin has claimed to know the location to, or the "secrets of" several wonderous treasures around the country, but cannot share them or provide proof, due to government regulations, or perhaps even personal danger to his life...
but you are claiming we should accept his stories at face value as "absolutely true" just as we should accept the "the boys" did, in fact "dig a hole"?
All that's REALLY true is that somebody DID believe it, and....here we are.
Its always something that prevents one from recovering treasure from an absolute identified location is a common excuse offered.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin you should be awarded this prize for being ..

The Worlds Most Successful treasure Finder

GetImage.jpg

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie P at one point said they dug a hole based on an impression in the ground, and never found anything . . .

No. I said that was one version of the legend - which may be total nonsense. I do not believe it to be true. Stop putting words in my mouth.

This is how foolishness gets credibility. Please stop it.

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and you located the tomb of King Arthur from extensive research reading the self published books of those British quasi-historians charlatans, Alan Wilson and Baram Blacknett (Andrew Terry).
No legitimate historian take their alternative fabrications seriously.
PS: King Arthur was a fictional character.

That's not true ECS......he moved to Vermont and started a Flour Company

Pretty Successful Guy Actually

King Arthur's Flour.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions