Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi folks, been lurking for a while, finally joined up. Like to say thanks for all the prospecting tips! Been keeping me busy for some time now and I haven't even been to half of them!

I'm planning on going down to the Grants Pass area to do some prospecting/ detecting with my GMT and one of the stops I wanted to make are the tailing's at Golden that Jeffro mentioned earlier in the thread. After seeing what appear to be active claims (Geocommunicator,filed in '08 i think) I'm wondering if this area is still detectable? Anyone know the current status of this spot Jeffro was referring to?

There are unclaimed spots in the area but I wasn't able to tell who the surface management agency was. Doesn't appear to be Forest service or BLM or State, although there appear to be several areas nearby that show as BLM or State.

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Golden proper, including the stream across the street is now a conservation area- I don't think they'll let you in there but you could always ask- its Nature Conservancy, I believe.

Downstream at the spot I described earlier known as Miller's gulch is open to the public as it is taken care of by a couple private groups.

specksandflecks

Nov 13, 2009
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the confirmation Jeffro. I was thinking that was the case, just hoping it wasn't. I probably wont bother them about detecting there. Would you know to contact the folks in charge of Miller's gulch?

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
You might try Jospehine County Sourdoughs- a prospecting group down there. If they don't have a hand in keeping the place up, I'm quite sure someone in that group will know who does ;)

Josephine County Sourdoughs
304 Woodlake Dr
Grants Pass, OR 97527

bubbadrake

Sep 4, 2010
Hi there. I just moved to Grants Pass. I read your post on Galice Creek and will check it out. I was wondering if you knew of any burried treasure, old dumps sites, places to dig for cool old stuff in the area. I haven't been here long enough to meet and ask any old timers yet. Thanks in advance for any info!
Rhonda

stryker-one

Aug 10, 2007
Independence, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Scorpion Gold Stinger and Tesoro Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Merry Christmas all hunters. Jeffro, what a knowledgeable person you are. Thanks for all the information. I live in Independence, OR. For the last two years I have been going to Ecuador and working 30 days on and then 30 days back here at home. Done with doing that now. That said I can get back into some MDing around.

Happy New Year too.

Stryker

OP
OP
Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Hey there folks, I haven't been around much the last year or so but I'm back now, been checking up on here a bit. Any tidbits I've missed? New leads you'd like checked out?

zag

Feb 3, 2013
lincoln city,OR
Detector(s) used
FIRST METAL DETECTOR,GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi i just moved to lincoln city oregon,and just baught my first detector im intrested in any history and places to start for native artifacts and maby hopefully old coins as well i feel a bit overwelmd knowing nothing about the history and not knowing where to start any tips or help you could provide would be most helpful

echoecho

Oct 21, 2022
Actually yes, I have heard of several up near the burn- lemme dig around and see what I can come up with- :)

Sent ya a PM with more info- ;D
Hey Jeffro,
I have read lots of your posts, very informative. I was looking for more info on the Hagg Lake/Forest Grove area in terms of gold prospecting and the old myth of the Indian trading in gold. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread