Wilson R&C likes dimes

dirtdiver

Oct 30, 2007
Wilson R&C likes dimes

Took the Wilson out today,( im determined to get use to a non meter machine)
I don't know if it is just a coincidence or not but in the last two times out i have found 26 dimes, ranging from surface to 7 inches. I have a Garrett and a Tesoro and i can't remember finding that many dimes at one time. I am starting to like this detector. Very easy to pinpoint also.

Dirtdiver

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Wilson R&C likes dimes

.............I have a Coin Select and I think that it likes dimes too.................found about 12 dimes last time out..................That is a lot of dimes for me ......usually I only find 4 or 5 or so!!..........Need to find an older site so I can really check it out!!...................Joe

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

....DIRTDIVER......Which R&C do you have??.....I have owned Wilson's since the late 1970's......I had a R&C2 for several years.......but sold it so I could get an R&C4 and a Coin Select.......Actually i prefer the R&C4 over the Coin Select......hard to really tell why.....i guess that it has a more solid appeal....also being use to the R&C2 for several years............the feel and handling of the R&C4 is very similar......the only difference between the 2 and 4 that I can tell is that the 4 has a toggle switch for Normal/Max for the sensitivity setting..........anyway since most of the controls on this detector are set it and forget it..........it is easy to hunt with........

OP
OP
D

dirtdiver

Oct 30, 2007

Joe, I have the R&C4. I purchased it last year.
I also have a Garrett cxiii, which was my first detector, and also have a tesoro Cortes.
So when i first took the Wilson out for a hunt i did not like it because i was so used to looking at a screen.
But I forced my self to use it on a regular basis, and before you know it it was starting to grow on me.

You said that yours has a toggle switch on the sensitivity. Mine has a knob you can turn from low, normal, and high.
I'll try to get a picture on here later.

Talk to you later
Dirtdiver

OP
OP
D

dirtdiver

Oct 30, 2007

Joe, here are some pictures of my detector.

Attachments

• IMG_1672_edited.jpg
    IMG_1672_edited.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_1674_edited.jpg
    IMG_1674_edited.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 225

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread